Froome the hypocrite

Comments

• Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Is there any way of ignoring threads? (stuff)
    Can anyone help?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-control

... :)

Failed already... :lol:

Hehe
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Brailsford doesn't learn though. He should have stayed away from the media day completely. Let Ellingworth/Portal & riders talk about cycling instead.

But he has to be 'The Man'. I think it's more than anything from 2011 that annoys Froome.

Pretty much agree with this. Watching that BBC interview is painful, he just can't answer a question at all. It's like watching The Thick Of It. I can't wait to see somebody cut the clip with Malcolm Tucker shouting "It's like watching a sweaty octopus trying to unhook a bra!"
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Brailsford doesn't learn though. He should have stayed away from the media day completely. Let Ellingworth/Portal & riders talk about cycling instead.

But he has to be 'The Man'. I think it's more than anything from 2011 that annoys Froome.

Pretty much agree with this. Watching that BBC interview is painful, he just can't answer a question at all. It's like watching The Thick Of It. I can't wait to see somebody cut the clip with Malcolm Tucker shouting "It's like watching a sweaty octopus trying to unhook a bra!"

'He's useless. He's absolutely useless. He's as useless as a marzipan dildo'

Tucker should be the new media spokesman for the team. I would love him to come out with 'I'd love to stop and chat to you but I'd rather have Type 2 diabetes' outside the team bus
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Tucker should be the new media spokesman for the team. I would love him to come out with 'I'd love to stop and chat to you but I'd rather have Type 2 diabetes' outside the team bus

I can imagine Ross saying that too :lol:
  • Tucker should be the new media spokesman for the team. I would love him to come out with 'I'd love to stop and chat to you but I'd rather have Type 2 diabetes' outside the team bus

Would settle for Jamie McDonald as a DS as well. Threatening to perform keyhole surgery on a certain Domestique if he doesn't pull hard enough on the front. Leaning out of the car window waving a set of keys at him.
  • Right, this has put me right in the mood for a Thick of It binge later
  • Right, this has put me right in the mood for a Thick of It binge later

I couldn't wait till later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28YEH--rX3c
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Right, this has put me right in the mood for a Thick of It binge later

I couldn't wait till later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28YEH--rX3c

Damn you, I've got work to do
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • CuthbertC wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    And how many riders had dropped out by the final ITT in 2008?
    35 of 180 starters. I think you'd be hard pressed to find another first year pro finishing in the top 20 of a final TT. Care to name one?

He turned professional in 2007.

To be realistic, there are not many "first year pros" who actually ride the Tour. Most are preserved or have wait a year or two. Barloworld was an exception due its small roster and several sick riders. Froome didn't even know he was riding until a few short weeks prior. His top 20 effort wasn't actually that good in the final ITT. It was ok but you wouldn't have picked him out and said "that guy will win 3 Tour's one day:". Not by a long shot.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    CuthbertC wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    35 of 180 starters. I think you'd be hard pressed to find another first year pro finishing in the top 20 of a final TT. Care to name one?

He turned professional in 2007.

To be realistic, there are not many "first year pros" who actually ride the Tour. Most are preserved or have wait a year or two. Barloworld was an exception due its small roster and several sick riders. Froome didn't even know he was riding until a few short weeks prior. His top 20 effort wasn't actually that good in the final ITT. It was ok but you wouldn't have picked him out and said "that guy will win 3 Tour's one day:". Not by a long shot.

Give it a break fella for goodness sake. It's very boring.
  • RichN95 wrote:

Ignatas Konovalovas won one. Giro in '09. Turned pro in '08 but I think '09 was pretty much his first proper year. Or does it have to be the Tour? I'd have to look up results then.
  • RichN95 wrote:

Ignatas Konovalovas won one. Giro in '09. Turned pro in '08 but I think '09 was pretty much his first proper year. Or does it have to be the Tour? I'd have to look up results then.

Good pick. I was going to say LeMond but they held him out of the Tour for 2 years. In his first Tour he did very well in the ITTs.
  • CuthbertC
    CuthbertC Posts: 172
    Mikhail Ignatiev came 9th in the final week TT of his first GT (Giro) in 2007.
  • RichN95 wrote:

Good pick. I was going to say LeMond but they held him out of the Tour for 2 years. In his first Tour he did very well in the ITTs.

I'm pretty sure Hampsten did too. This is a fun game :)
  • RichN95 wrote:

I'm pretty sure Hampsten did too. This is a fun game :)

Yes, you're right. Hampsten won the 1985 Stage 20 Giro ITT in his first year as a Pro. Riding for the "SRC Levi's" team, lol! :shock:
  • So in short; Froome's Top 20 in a ITT first year Pro is not that outstanding after all.

Is that all we have to explain his transformation? That's fairly flakey evidence.
  • So in short; Froome's Top 20 in a ITT first year Pro is not that outstanding after all.

Is that all we have to explain his transformation? That's fairly flakey evidence.

Yeah, cos it's not like any of those 3 ever won a Grand Tour.....................................
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

Yeah, cos it's not like any of those 3 ever won a Grand Tour.....................................

Like the rest of us here, we have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,224
    So in short; Froome's Top 20 in a ITT first year Pro is not that outstanding after all.

Like the rest of us here, we have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Speak for yourself.
    it's very easy : "those 3" are named in the posts on this very page. That they won ITTs early in their careers and then went on to win GTs suggests a talent consistent with their palmares.
    Your already frazzled intellect hasn't fared well during your sojourn from these pages, has it? Hectic festive season?
  • OCDuPalais wrote:
    So in short; Froome's Top 20 in a ITT first year Pro is not that outstanding after all.

Speak for yourself.
    it's very easy : "those 3" are named in the posts on this very page. That they won ITTs early in their careers and then went on to win GTs suggests a talent consistent with their palmares.

Your already frazzled intellect hasn't fared well during your sojourn from these pages, has it? Hectic festive season?

Ignatas Konovalovas & Mikhail Ignatiev won GTs?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Ah, goody - Dumb has got his mate Dumber back so it looks like this forum is about to become unusable again until another ban saves it.
  • CuthbertC
    CuthbertC Posts: 172

Roger Pingeon as a second year pro - 3rd and 10th in the two final week TTs + 12th on GC (65' Tour)

Pedro Delgado as a second year pro - 7th in a final week TT and mountain stage (83' Tour)

Bernard Thevenet as a first year pro - final week mountain stage win (70' Tour)

Joop Zoetemelk as a first year pro - 4th and 6th in the two final week TTs + 2nd on GC (70' Tour)

Felice Gimondi as a first year pro - two final week TT wins + 1st on GC (65' Tour)

Lucien Aimar as a second year pro - 1st on GC (66' Tour)

Louis Bobet as a second year pro - 8th in the TT + 2 stage wins + 4th on GC (48' Tour)
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Is that all we have to explain his transformation?
    No, it's not.
  • CuthbertC wrote:

Roger Pingeon as a second year pro - 3rd and 10th in the two final week TTs + 12th on GC (65' Tour)

Pedro Delgado as a second year pro - 7th in a final week TT and mountain stage (83' Tour)

Bernard Thevenet as a first year pro - final week mountain stage win (70' Tour)

Joop Zoetemelk as a first year pro - 4th and 6th in the two final week TTs + 2nd on GC (70' Tour)

Felice Gimondi as a first year pro - two final week TT wins + 1st on GC (65' Tour)

Lucien Aimar as a second year pro - 1st on GC (66' Tour)

Louis Bobet as a second year pro - 8th in the TT + 2 stage wins + 4th on GC (48' Tour)

So what apparently what was a "struggle" to find another "first year pro" turned out to be a the breaking of the dams? What a pointless strawman on Froome. In fact there have been many who have faired way better than Froome in their first year Pro in a GT. Froome getting Top 20 in a depleted field was no indication of his future overnight transformation.,
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,242
    What's more curious is the sudden overnight de-banning of WCF.
  • What's more curious is the sudden overnight de-banning of WCF.

That would be "unbanning" rather than de-banning, which makes no sense unless you're Spanish :lol:

Probably some sort of quid pro quo for the Bikeradar illuminati getting hold of that Donald Trump dossier...
  • rick_chasey
    What's more curious is the sudden overnight de-banning of WCF.

That would be "unbanning" rather than de-banning, which makes no sense unless you're Spanish :lol:

How's your Dutch WCF?

How's your Dutch WCF?

Reasonable, I did live in Zwolle for a year.
  • rick_chasey
    Bahahahahaha.

Arme weekendcylingfan.