Homophobia in Sport

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,491
    Pross wrote:
    I reckon Pinno's exaggerating his prowess there, I bet he never needs that second 'one, two' (unless that's the effort to roll away afterwards).

Just 'cos you had 3 minutes left on your pay and display :roll:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,841
    MrB123 wrote:
    Presumably the "it's unnatural" brigade apply that logic to their own sex lives and eschew any oral sex, fingering or other foreplay. The act is accomplished quickly and without embellishment, akin to something seen in a wildlife documentary.
    It is not in any way unnatural. No species have been found that do not exhibit homosexual behaviour, except those that exhibit no sexual behaviour at all.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    MrB123 wrote:
    Presumably the "it's unnatural" brigade apply that logic to their own sex lives and eschew any oral sex, fingering or other foreplay. The act is accomplished quickly and without embellishment, akin to something seen in a wildlife documentary.

In the wildlife documentaries I have seen it would be quite difficult to have the energy for embellishment, I mean, I would be knackered after the chasing her through the woods part...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,926
    I see they gave the Helen Rollison award at SPOTY to a gay man for running 400 odd marathons in the same number of days. Quite an achievement for anyone but even more so for a gay man, have you seen the way they run? This is satire as I know some people are incapable of spotting it!

That really was an incredible achievement though, up there with Goodwin's year record. As for the whole homophobia in sport thing, I'm not sure it's the big issue that people think it is and that it is more a fear of the reaction than the reality. As someone else suggested it is possibly led more by agents and other hangers on that worry it might affect their earnings.
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    MrB123 wrote:
    The act is accomplished quickly and without embellishment, akin to something seen in a wildlife documentary.

Does this include rape?
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Pross wrote:
    I see they gave the Helen Rollison award at SPOTY to a gay man for running 400 odd marathons in the same number of days. Quite an achievement for anyone but even more so for a gay man, have you seen the way they run? This is satire as I know some people are incapable of spotting it!

That really was an incredible achievement though, up there with Goodwin's year record. As for the whole homophobia in sport thing, I'm not sure it's the big issue that people think it is and that it is more a fear of the reaction than the reality. As someone else suggested it is possibly led more by agents and other hangers on that worry it might affect their earnings.

He was even interviewed on Radio 4 a few weeks ago. Bigad!! makes your blood boil doesn't it! Is there no corner of decent society that the blighters won't wriggle into?

That was also satire and am pointing this out for the same reason as him above
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,980
    HaydenM wrote:
    MrB123 wrote:

In the wildlife documentaries I have seen it would be quite difficult to have the energy for embellishment, I mean, I would be knackered after the chasing her through the woods part...

Mallard ducks are involved in homosexual necrophilia, so I don't think that line of argument on either side has much credence.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    HaydenM wrote:
    MrB123 wrote:

Mallard ducks are involved in homosexual necrophilia, so I don't think that line of argument on either side has much credence.

We've all been there after a few pints though, right?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    HaydenM wrote:
    MrB123 wrote:

Really? F@ck a Duck!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,391
    Chris Bass wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    MrB123 wrote:

With a dead mallard? if I've ever been that drunk I was probably face down by that point.
    Aah, obviously not that uncommon. Must be the origin of the phrase in Rick's comment.
  • smoggysteve
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    MrB123 wrote:

With a dead mallard? if I've ever been that drunk I was probably face down by that point.

If you were face down and drunk im guessing its the live duck you need to be worried about
  • smoggysteve
    Rape_1116ba_936415.jpg

Stuff of nightmares if you're drunk
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    From homophobia to anatidaephobia.
  • smoggysteve
    bompington wrote:
    From homophobia to anatidaephobia.

What is the technical term for the fear a gay duck is watching you?
  • smoggysteve
    bondage-duck-300x300.jpg

Sorry. I'm told this is an outdated stereotype of a duck but I'm sure he's watching.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,486
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    MrB123 wrote:

If you were face down and drunk im guessing its the live duck you need to be worried about

No need to worry, you can't get pregnant and you don't have to tell anyone :shock:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,841
    It was only one observation of this behaviour in a single mallard in Rotterdam. Hope I've not disappointed anyone.

A report of homosexual behaviour in penguins was suppressed for nearly a hundred years for fear of the effect it would have on the public if published.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Pross
    Jeez, surely anyone who has seen penguins walk could have guessed. There was also that film where they were tap dancing, has any straight creature ever tap danced?
  • pinno
    bondage-duck-300x300.jpg

Sorry. I'm told this is an outdated stereotype of a duck but I'm sure he's watching.

Gay Mallard into S&M and necrophilia?! Holy batshit, the therapy sessions must cost a fortune. I mean that's what you should do to these social misfits - electric shock treatment, strong medicine and boot camp...when I was a boy, we had none of this. We went to church 4 times a week and people acted responsibly. If you got molested by a Catholic Bishop, you just put up and shut up. None of that squealing to the press big woman's blouse stuff you see now...

cont p94
  • Pross wrote:

The first question that always springs into my mind when I read of one of these is what do they do for a living, I'd be happy to cycle 100 mile a day for 401 days if I could afford to.
  • Garry H
    I think he's a postgrad student
  • Garry H wrote:
    I think he's a postgrad student

Apologies Garry, as someone who went to the university of life and started working at 15 I have no idea what a "postgrad student" is.
  • Garry H
    He's "studying" for a Doctorate Frank.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Bit of context.
    Homosexuality in sport, particularly football, could lead to disgusting abuse from some quarters of 'fans'
    Homosexuality in religion can lead to a death sentence.
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:

The first question that always springs into my mind when I read of one of these is what do they do for a living, I'd be happy to cycle 100 mile a day for 401 days if I could afford to.

He sold his house and gave up his job to do it and raise awareness of homophobic bullying, that he himself suffered, and raise money for like minded charities. Maybe one day he'll have helped ensure that people's first thought on meeting a gay man doesn't involve waste disposal units.
  • pinno
    University! Pah. None of them have any common sense. Useless the lot of them. Couldn't cook beans on toast.
  • rick_chasey
    Pinno wrote:
    University! Pah. None of them have any common sense. Useless the lot of them. Couldn't cook beans on toast.

Yeah Britain isn't what it used to be.
  • pinno
    It's all them university students that have screwed this country up. Politicians in my day were proper politicians. They didn't mince their words and those universities are breeding grounds for gay sex, prostitution and drugs. It's just obscene that all they do is party night after night on borrowed money form the government that half of them don't even pay back. It makes me mad that our suffering NHS is busting at the seams full of long term sicko's, benefit scroungers and foreigners and we can't afford to fund the NHS?! I'd get students to have to save up for studying before going to University and then the money we save could make Britain great again.
  • rick_chasey
    Is this an attempt at satire?
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 18,135
    Garry H wrote:
    He's "studying" for a Doctorate Frank.
    Is that like a Doctorate Degree? Or is an especially honest one?