12345679»

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,740
    :roll:

Wot Rich said, minus the Twitter stuff.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    When you have Boonen saying “We had four men in the front, but we have to control how we handle it. The position we were forced into wasn’t good. The other teams watched, they have the right to do so, but we have to avoid being in such a position.” I don't see what Lefevere is hoping to achieve with his comments? But I don't really have much knowledge of the Belgian media and pay no attention to what football managers say.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Man under pressure makes stupid comment. See Mourinho, Jose.

They were never going to win that race however they played it. There were a number of stronger riders who would have always kicked Trentin or Boonens butt.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,333
    Well Lefevre may well be trying to shield his riders from criticism by making himself the story, but Etixx really need to get on top of their tactics and strategy. If no-one will pull because you're got 4 riders then send one up the road and make the others work. Yes there's another group not far behind, but the riders in the front group want to stay away as well, make them work for it. They were too scared of Cancellara.

Incidentally, their DS Peeters is alleged to have blocked the road so the Trek team car couldn't get to him for a bike change.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,333
    smithy21 wrote:
    They were never going to win that race however they played it. There were a number of stronger riders who would have always kicked Trentin or Boonens butt.

You may well be right, but the way they failed was telling. They didn't give themselves a chance. There's losing and there's not trying to win.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,566
    Any team that has 6 riders in a break of 25 and doesn't at least podium needs to have a word with itself.

And Lefevre should do the same.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Incidentally, their DS Peeters is alleged to have blocked the road so the Trek team car couldn't get to him for a bike change.
    I did notice when Cancellara got his new bike his team car was nowhere to be seen - he strolled into the road like a traffic cop and casually held a hand up to stop a couple of other team cars while a mechanic ran up from somewhere behind with his bike. gfy link
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    adr82 wrote:
    I did notice when Cancellara got his new bike his team car was nowhere to be seen - he strolled into the road like a traffic cop and casually held a hand up to stop a couple of other team cars while a mechanic ran up from somewhere behind with his bike. gfy link

I like that a lot. Funny.
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • rick_chasey
    After all that he still got back to the group.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    adr82 wrote:
    inrng photo that explains what was going on:
    tumblr_o4m0kvpOqe1ropreyo1_1280.jpg
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    adr82 wrote:

He's on the wrong side of the road, no?

He ought to have learnt that by now.
  • rick_chasey
    ;).