E3 Harelbeke 2016 **SPOILERS**

Comments

• milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    I know a lot of you like Sagan but I find it hilarious that he keeps finishing second. Great ride by Kwia. Big win.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    As much as I wanted Sagan to win, that's a great win by Kwia, fair play.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • onyourright
    onyourright Posts: 509
    Sagan needs a team.
  • onyourright
    Speaking of teams, some day for Sky!
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    And they completely Etixxed that up! no top ten finisher for EQS
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Cancellara 4th as well, which is impressive!
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Canc managed 4th after all that chasing
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,816
    Clearly Sagan didn't try to sprint or else he might not have got second place.
    Stannard reminding Boonen who the sprinter is.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Good race that! Sky rode it perfectly, Kwia winning but Stannard showing if the front two had been caught he had the legs to win. Sagan caught napping but don't think he had the legs anyway. Not really sure what to say about Etixx!!
  • blazing_saddles
    edited March 2016
    BMC 9th and 10th,
    Etix with nobody in the top 10.
    Somebody's twitter will soon be exploding.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    And in Ireland they can't buy alcohol on Good Friday. There's going to be fury on social media.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Lesson to Etixx by SKY
  • blazing_saddles
    inseine wrote:
    Lesson to Etixx by SKY

Patrick Lefevere gets to spend another year in Summer School.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,329
    RichN95 wrote:
    And in Ireland they can't buy alcohol on Good Friday. There's going to be fury on social media.

Any Irishman that didn't stock up yesterday will probably be deported anyway.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Tinkoff should fine Sagan for 2nd places.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Has he lost weight yet to win the Tour?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • ozzzyosborn206
    ozzzyosborn206 Posts: 1,340
    Etixx has too many good riders, they had the numbers so were forced to chase, stuck two guys on the front while trek and bmc had two both lotto teams a rider and Iam. if Etixx only had 1 or 2 in that group chances are other teams would have ridden
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Etixx has too many good riders, they had the numbers so were forced to chase, stuck two guys on the front while trek and bmc had two both lotto teams a rider and Iam. if Etixx only had 1 or 2 in that group chances are other teams would have ridden

No first row winners.

All 2nd or 3rd.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,234
    That was awful from EQS.
    They had their weakest 2 riders in the lead group try to shut down Sagan and Kwiat's attack on the hardest part of the finale, then finally used Boonen to help chase all too late.
    imatfaal wrote:

At least with "to Etixx something up" becoming a verb they'll have something to show for it all - even if it's not quite what the sponsors had in mind when they agreed the team budget.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    Really enjoyed that. Excellent win by Kwia, read someone comment on here recently that he wouldn't win any big races now he's gone to Sky. Cancellara was really impressive and will presumably be favourite for Flanders. Nice to see Stannard be able to sit in and take advantage rather than doing the donkey work, he showed massive power to go so early and hold off the bunch. How many more failures will Lefevre be allowed with the squad he's assembled? Terpstra looks like his best Classics rider but seems to get used as cannon fodder for the team's Belgians.
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Thanks for the commentary everyone. Just catching up.

Travelled to Wales for the holidays and rang parents this morning. Asked Dad to record the cycling on both channels as they've eventually upgraded from normal Sky to Sky+. Get in to find both channels recording - however in their upgrade, despite having Sports, Movies etc they've somehow managed to sign for a package that doesn't include Eurosport. I've got 6 hours of black screen.

*never visiting parents again*
  • Sun Dodger
    Sun Dodger Posts: 393
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    That was awful from EQS.
    They had their weakest 2 riders in the lead group try to shut down Sagan and Kwiat's attack on the hardest part of the finale, then finally used Boonen to help chase all too late.
    imatfaal wrote:

At least with "to Etixx something up" becoming a verb they'll have something to show for it all - even if it's not quite what the sponsors had in mind when they agreed the team budget.

Agree it wasn't good, but their problem was saving their weaker riders, not using them...
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Enjoyed that.

Good win for Kwia. Bit early though. I have him at 33-1 for Flanders.

EQS can have as many cards to play as they like but they simply didn't have anyone with the legs of Sagan and Kwia when it mattered.
  • Shadowrider
    Shadowrider Posts: 483
    Who was it that was saying in the MSR thread that Kwiato wouldnt' win anything, and had been turned into a train puller?
  • onyourright
    Lefevere calls the others cowards. Boonen reckons “everything will be alright”.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/e3-hare ... -lefevere/
  • Sun Dodger
    Sun Dodger Posts: 393
    I'll have some of what Lefevere is on. He had four riders in a group that got <20secs from the leaders and still didn't send more than one to the front. Great ride from Sagan and Kwia - feels like the baton is being passed over...
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,565
    Lefevre needs to step away from the crack pipe
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    why wasn't boonen helping the chase? he's nothing more than a domestique, should act like one and stop being a waste of a race number
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    You have to have sympathy with Lefevere. In his entire career he has never actually lost a race, he has only had them stolen from him by other teams acting in their interests instead of his.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,565
    RichN95 wrote:
    You have to have sympathy with Lefevere. In his entire career he has never actually lost a race, he has only had them stolen from him by other teams acting in their interests instead of his.

The cheek of it
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.