My Giant Anthem X custom build

124»

Comments

• Dick Scruttock
    Dick Scruttock Posts: 2,533
    Thanks everyone, I would say its just about perfect right now.

The guards are just a regular crud setup.

I got a big role of frame wrap as i did a few of my bikes. Its great stuff and far better than any velcro protector.
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Rick - How are the Hoops? They're on my shortlist when I eventually have some spare funds...
  • Dick Scruttock
    The hope hoops are holding up well. Not really given them a lot of hammer as the rougher tracks where i live are still snowed over.

The other week a friend was following me down a road section and as a accelerated he said he could really see the tyre flexing. I can only see this been a trait of the tubeless tyres though and dont see it really been rim flex.
  • Dick Scruttock
    I love the quality of XTR parts, very nice:
    P1000522.jpg
    P1000523.jpg
    P1000524.jpg
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Good choice on the pedals ;)
  • Dick Scruttock
    Well no real updates, been riding it a bit but i am using my Blur LT a lot more as it just seems more suited to the trails around where i live.

Every time i go out on the Anthem i am worried about damaging it, thinking twice about the lines i take on it. Out on the Blur i just smash it over stuff :lol: . So as you can imagine i am now thinking of off loading it and buying a carbon Blur LT to replace them both.......
  • Dick Scruttock
    Well take two on the Anthem from my last post.

With the Blur undergoing carbon goodness i have been using the Anthem a lot and its really shocked me. Unwilling to slow down much on my local trails its been getting a proper pasting and it just comes back for more :D . Feels more like a 120mm bike in all honesty, its really shocked me. I expected after a good run down either of the following tracks (at proper speed and not mincing as i had been doing on it!) to have a dented down tube (like my malt 4 got on the second ride) and other battle scars but its totally immaculate still. Genuinely very shocked by it. Even the 24 spoke Hope hoops with ztr 355's are still totally true!

Pics stolen off the net of 2 local paths taken in practically every ride:
    1400306_81bd481e.jpg
    macc_forest_charity_lane.jpg
  • Dick Scruttock
    Small update, the old EC70 post is making way for a Giant Contact SLR post. The EC70 was fitted to a FSR in the past and had to be cut down for clearance to the shock. Unfortunately this meant that i felt a little uncomfortable running it on the X as it was right on the insertion limit for the frame.