RPCC Ride - Sat 4th / Sun 5th April

124»

Comments

• urrrrrrrrrs
    urrrrrrrrrs Posts: 478
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Lol, just remembered I timed Box Hill - 10:31!! :shock: :oops: :lol:

But in my defence we had clocked 170k by the time we hit the top of that! 8)
    your letting your standards slip rich,come on now a minute slower than me,terrible !!! Mind you,I finished work at 5am this morning 12 hours after starting and didn't even get near 100 k !!!!!

8th March 2010,Spain ,Here I come !!!!!!
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    your letting your standards slip rich,come on now a minute slower than me,terrible !!! Mind you,I finished work at 5am this morning 12 hours after starting and didn't even get near 100 k !!!!!
    That may be so Gerry, but did I or did I not more than double your 85k from Wednesday?! Now hush your noise :wink: :P
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    That hurt! :lol:

204k for me... boy can that kid ride! Good work Chris 8)

Chapeau.

Oh, the folly of youth!! :wink:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    :wink:
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    That may be so Gerry, but did I or did I not more than double your 85k from Wednesday?! Now hush your noise :wink: :P

No comment !!!!! Just think if I had met you beforehand you would of. Almost trebeled my 85k !!!!,but there you go,anyways watch this space this week,that's all I say

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    How much towing did Chris do then Rich? ;-)
    On the way back, a fair amount! But I had to lead most of it as Chris didn't know the route!
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    Just to let you all know,there will be a REAL mans ride this wednesday of approx 150k.chris w is going to officialy announce it ,but from what I know there will be 2 ascents of box hill thrown in and the weather don't look too promising either,so only hardened people need apply !!!!

• Rich-Ti
    Yeah sorry Gerry, only pansies do more than 150k... :roll:
  • voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    Just to let you all know,there will be a REAL mans ride this wednesday of approx 150k.chris w is going to officialy announce it ,but from what I know there will be 2 ascents of box hill thrown in and the weather don't look too promising either,so only hardened people need apply !!!!
    Sounds good, might be up for that! I'll wait for the post up.
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • Petromyzon
    Petromyzon Posts: 221
    Phips, did you do the Dynamo club run today? Nice weather for it if you did:)
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    That hurt! :lol:

204k for me... boy can that kid ride! Good work Chris 8)

Well done lads. Shame to miss it..

I bought the missus a new MTB (belated xmas) then did a couple of slow laps around the edge of RP. So 35km weekend for me :wink:

Away for Easter, so I should be back out afterwards.
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • Rich-Ti
    Easter weekend thread now live - cast your votes and get riding! :P 8)
  • Petromyzon
    phips wrote:
    Petromyzon wrote:
    Phips, did you do the Dynamo club run today? Nice weather for it if you did:)

I did Tom, it was a great ride out - over 20 people gathered, so the group was split. I went with the 'steady steady' 15, vs the smaller 'steady' (i.e. faster :)) bunch. 'steady steady' was slightly slower than an RPCC outing for starters, but excitement took hold on the climb out of Peaslake and it sooned warmed up to the same sort of pace. We picked some extras up at Box Hill, and by the time we rolled back into town it was a 20+ groupetto doing 45 kph :) Nice!

Did I notice on the club forum you'd braved the 8am? How was the pace? :-)

It was quick but I survived. I felt alright most of the time, even doing some brief turns on the front 8) However, I was in the big ring far more than I normally am and I was totally wrecked for the remainder of yesterday, just dribbling and falling asleep :lol::lol::lol: We got a very good train going coming back through Oxshott and Esher, fast enough that it was tough to take more than a minute or so on the front, and this got us back for midday pretty much.

Will definitely try and do it again, no doubt there are times when it will be even quicker (see the new Dynamo entry at the top of the 3LC leaderboard :o:o ) but they pretty much always do the standard Dynamo Sunday route so it's not like it is a problem if you get shat out the back. Perhaps trying to keep up with Mark_D will make me quicker in the long run. Really nice to have two/three well attended groups to choose from, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
  • Petromyzon
    I think I was about mid-group on all the hills, although I had nothing in the tank for Box:( There were 10 riders by that point. mark_d and another guy who are probably both 6 minute men or close were first up I think, but they were passed by someone else (not with us) "like they were riding backwards". However quick you are, there is always someone much, much faster. :cry:

I've probably climbed all of those hills a bit faster, but the elevated pace of the rest of the ride took that kick out of me. I'm sure I'll get used to it.
  • chrisw28
    chrisw28 Posts: 187
    Wow Tom, nice one going out with the fast guys! :D

It sounds really good actually, I wouldn't mind giving it a go but I have a strange feeling I'll get dropped up the hills, I already find it farking hard keeping up with you :oops: :lol: I don't mind too much getting dropped, as long as I last longer the second time round haha.

If you never try you never know...would you mind PM'ing me the details of the ride?. Do you have to be a dynamo to turn up and ride? :oops:
  • chrisw28
    chrisw28 Posts: 187
    Stop trying to convert people, you'll turn these threads into a massive KW vs Dynamo warzone :lol:

But yes, I was thinking going along in KW kit would be a bit brave :shock:
  • Rich-Ti
    Going along in a KW kit then kicking all their asses would be something worth doing! Otherwise it might be a bit territorial! :shock: :lol:

Unfortunately Phips I agree that the 'Mo's kit looks better, although to be fair the only thing I didn't like about the old KW kit was the Evans logo, and as that's gone now! :wink: 8)
  • Petromyzon
    phips wrote:
    Petromyzon wrote:
    I've probably climbed all of those hills a bit faster, but the elevated pace of the rest of the ride took that kick out of me. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

For sure - you keep getting out with that lot and you'll soon find the pace 'normal' :)

The 'steady steady' group had some tasty climbers in it too actually. I dread to think of the speed up the hills of the 8am bunch :shock:

Yes, there always seem to be plenty of scary keen people on the 9 am too. I think part of the split must be down to what time people fancy getting up :D