RPCC Ride - Sat 4th / Sun 5th April

Comments

• Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    so i'm an irrelevance am I :evil: :o:wink:
    Not at all dude - but if I'm going to do c-c-c (and actually last the distance) then doing 14 miles beforehand is just asking for trouble! :roll: :wink::lol:
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    I'd be up for something this weekend. I need to get out and get some miles done. I dunno if I fancy Worthing and back ththis early in the year - give me a couple of months. Last time I was down there I did a London to Brighton then on to Shoreham for a curry. I drove home.

A 50+ mile morning out on the bike in dry conditions would be perfect. Otherwise I'll take the MTB and get muddy somewhere.
  • chrisw28
    chrisw28 Posts: 187
    Come on Rich, you know you want to, are you a man or a softie :D

If it's any consolation I've never done more than 90 miles before :D
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    chrisw28 wrote:
    I reckon he has hardened up considerably over the last 6 months since our inaugural jaunt. He used to come up with such excuses as 'watching sport' and 'drinking beer' and other such nonsensical hogwash...now he's almost always there. He even admits to planning his social life around cycling :lol:
    As a bit of encouragement, I used to ride 80-90 miles on my mountain bike at the weekends, so 120 miles (plus 3 laps of RP with Gezza!) on a roadie should be a walk in the park (or a ride in the park for that matter!)
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    chrisw28 wrote:

If it's any consolation I've never done more than 90 miles before :D
    Let's do it, see you 9:15 @ HC 8)

If anyone else is coming along for this please say so now as I won't even bother to go to Richmond Gate unless anyone says they're going to join us

On the subject of which (just so as any lurkers know), will anyone be at Richmond Gate @ 9am, or is it looking like midday with Myk-ee is the most likely ride option this weekend? :shock:
  • chrisw28
    No doubt, I'm just pulling his leg :D I reckon it would be a good day out on the bike and a little different to the normal saturday joint which is why I'm keen to give it a go. Don't want to pressure anyone though!
  • chrisw28
    Just saw your post rich, a little slow here as I'm on my phone. Good stuff, will see you tommorow at HC for 9:15 then! Looking forward to it already! :D 8)
  • Rich-Ti
    chrisw28 wrote:
    Just saw your post rich, a little slow here as I'm on my phone. Good stuff, will see you tommorow at HC for 9:15 then! Looking forward to it already! :D 8)
    Good man - will Tom be joining us?
  • voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    Alright guys, remember me?...just a quick shout out to anyone who fancies some mid-week rides this coming week (I should be out at the easter weekend as well) . I've stayed on at Uni after breaking up this past week to race this weekend but I'm back on Monday so am looking to get some cycling in. Chrisw I have your number I think from the riding we did over Christmas, but I was just wondering if anyone else would be interested....just something to think about. More than anything, I just would like someone to stop me from getting lost =P I seem to know the roads of S.Wales now far better than those near richmond/surrey.....Anyway, lemme know...

James

PS. Sorry to hijack this thread, just wanted somewhere where people would see it...
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • Rich-Ti
    Hey voxegam - was it you who bought my mate's Planet-X?
  • voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    I was indeed....pimped it out with a few nice things since you saw it though :lol:
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • Rich-Ti
    voxegam wrote:
    I was indeed....pimped it out with a few nice things since you saw it though :lol:
    Good man - every good bike deserves a pimping! 8)
  • Rich-Ti
    felgen wrote:
    I reckon he has hardened up considerably over the last 6 months since our inaugural jaunt. He used to come up with such excuses as 'watching sport' and 'drinking beer' and other such nonsensical hogwash...now he's almost always there. He even admits to planning his social life around cycling :lol:
    Awwww, shucks... *blushes* :oops: :lol: 8)

Oh, and I no longer have a social life due to cycling! :oops: :lol::D
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    Given no lunchtime takers I might just do my own thang, as Felgen says: the best train alone, bahaaaaaa :lol:

Hope everyone enjoys the weather this weekend and PB's are accomplished whatever the route...!
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • chrisw28
    voxegam wrote:
    Alright guys, remember me?...just a quick shout out to anyone who fancies some mid-week rides this coming week (I should be out at the easter weekend as well) . I've stayed on at Uni after breaking up this past week to race this weekend but I'm back on Monday so am looking to get some cycling in. Chrisw I have your number I think from the riding we did over Christmas, but I was just wondering if anyone else would be interested....just something to think about. More than anything, I just would like someone to stop me from getting lost =P I seem to know the roads of S.Wales now far better than those near richmond/surrey.....Anyway, lemme know...

James

PS. Sorry to hijack this thread, just wanted somewhere where people would see it...

Yeh James, nice to see you back, drop me a text or call me anytime :D
  • felgen
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Good man - every good bike deserves a pimping! 8)
    Xzibit is supposed to be waving his wand at mine soon :twisted:
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Brocade
    Brocade Posts: 433
    would like to come along if it happens on Sunday. when will you decide ?
    BMC Pro Machine
    Enigma Ego
  • Rich-Ti
    Brocade wrote:
    would like to come along if it happens on Sunday. when will you decide ?
    Good point - Sunday's not been discussed as an option. Is anyone likely to be about fir a Sunday spun this weekend?

After tomorrow's 200k I'm not likely to do much on Sun other than maybe a very gentle couple of park laps, but is anyone else likely to be about for a ride?
  • chrisw28
    Yeh I should be good for sunday, will report back here tommorow night though, might be absolutely shattered after tommorows long ride. Depends how I feel when I get back :shock:
  • Petromyzon
    Petromyzon Posts: 221
    Hey all;

been away from the computer for a couple of days and then an absolute beast ride gets organised :lol::lol: Alas I can't make it, have to work so riding Sunday instead. Sounds like good fun, enjoy it, will hopefully see you all soon
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    yeah - been a manic few weeks for me as well, so i haven't been able to get along to a ride. Looks like things might have jumped to a different level in my absence...

Enjoy the ride this w/e - I'm looking at a PB 3 lap attempt followed by a couple of laps warm down on the Sunday if anyone's around.
  • Rich-Ti
    edited April 2009
    London-Red wrote:
    yeah - been a manic few weeks for me as well, so i haven't been able to get along to a ride. Looks like things might have jumped to a different level in my absence...
    Yes and no - a few of us have some events coming up so we're trying to up the distances and include some bigger hills, but the pace is pretty much the same 8)
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    From what I can make of the Box Hill thread, things have stepped up a level :? Really good to see people improve though - i just wish I was able to do the same... :D Saying that, I've just mentally committed to a sub 56 minute 3 laps which should keep me occupied!

It would be good to hook up for a ride in the not too distant future - even if its a short one or an evening chaingang round the park!
  • felgen
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Yes and no - a few of us have some events coming up so we're trying to up the distances and include some bigger hills, but the pace is pretty much the same 8)

Yeah, I just entered the dartmoor classic - I fancy a jaunt down to my old stomping ground, this time with a bike! Anyone else entered that one?
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Brocade
    Folks,
    I can do a ride Sunday, not sure if a ride happened today. Please let me know. I am up for pretty much anything south of 120km in the morning and can meet up from Richmond. Please let me know.
    Regards,
    Tolga
    BMC Pro Machine
    Enigma Ego
  • chrisw28
    WOW. What a ride, huge props to Rich (was just the two of us) for making it such an awesome day out on the bike, almost 7 hours in the saddle and 190km for me, slightly more for Rich. Here's a few of the pics I took down at the seafront:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I'll let Rich do a full ride report (I know he loves doing them) as I'm off to the pub to get hammered! Laters :D
  • Petromyzon
    Petromyzon Posts: 221
    110% chapeau guys, that is some serious mileage. Pictures look sweet as well 8) 8) 8)
  • Rich-Ti
    That hurt! :lol:

204k for me... boy can that kid ride! Good work Chris 8)
  • Brocade
    Congrats looks like a great ride. I guess that means no ride tomorrow. If anyone is going to do a lengthy ride tomorrow, please let me know.
    BMC Pro Machine
    Enigma Ego
  • Rich-Ti
    Lol, just remembered I timed Box Hill - 10:31!! :shock: :oops: :lol:

But in my defence we had clocked 170k by the time we hit the top of that! 8)