RPCC Ride - Sat 4th / Sun 5th April

Rich-Ti
Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
Right then that time of the week where this needs kicking off once again...!

Well, yet again I'm gunning for a Saturday ride this coming weekend as I really honestly do plan to commit to the KW Sunday run now that I'm hoping to be fit & well again this coming weekend (I keep saying it, but I'm determined to make it this weekend)!

So, usual meet & ride plan:
    :arrow: 9am is most likely on whichever day is favoured (or both if any of you want to do both days!) :arrow: Richmond Gate in Richmond Park, south side (on the left as you come up Sawyer's Hill / on the right if you come through Richmond Gate), by the little white building :arrow: 80-120k @ 24-28kph / 50-75 miles @ 15-18mph
usually, but nobody gets dropped
:arrow: Boxhill is almost definite (as is a short tea / cake / toilet / bottle refill stop at the top - usually around 15-20mins)
Once again I'd like to emphasise that new faces are more than welcome and actively encouraged, and that applies to lurkers / long-time 'thread watchers' / any who haven't been able to make it along previously / those who don't want to commit on here but might feel like turning up on the day - please do join us if you want to! And ladies don't forget you're more than welcome too! A few newbies have been along in recent weeks and had a great time! :D

It might also be worth saying that a 'collection point' is usually arranged at Hampton Court as that tends to be our route out and one of our regulars lives in Esher so it makes sense to collect him there. All I would ask is that you're there by 9:30am as there won't normally be any hanging around then, it's literally just a fly-by quick hello and on the move again. That said there can sometimes be delays getting moving at Richmond Park so there is the potential for us to be late coming through (and apologies in advance if that turns out to be the case)! :roll: :lol:

I know 'Drill Sgt Myk-ee' is gunning to do his 'Surrey Masacre' ride this weekend, but as I have the Lakeland Loop sportive next weekend I'm more inclined to go fairly steady distance-wise, although it has to be said that after a hellishly frustrating weekend off of the bike I'm busting to ride and am really up for taking on some of Surrey's finest, biggest, steepest, nastiest hills! :P :twisted:

So, who is about and when? :shock: 8) :D

Comments

• felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    As mentioned I wont manage the start time as I know I wont be out of work in time. I will play it by ear and maybe try to find you guys or meet at a prearranged time/place
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    I won't be around this weekend again as I'll be on hols for a few days. Actually, looking at my diary my next 4 Saturdays are booked :shock: The Surrey Massacre sounds good so I'll be gunning for that on my return - need to get some pain training in before the Etape Caley & with the Fray Bentos very much in mind as well.

CC10 - hope your mishap won't put you off. As Felgen kindly pointed out I missed the inaugural ride by waiting at Roehampton gate - a far better meeting spot if you ask me any how :P :lol:
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    urrrrrrrrrs Posts: 478
    Rich,usual ride around RP? would like to do at least 2 and a bit laps clockwise beforehand ,so 7.45am and we get going before all those tri lot get going :x

8th March 2010,Spain ,Here I come !!!!!!
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich,usual ride around RP? would like to do at least 2 and a bit laps clockwise beforehand ,so 7.45am and we get going before all those tri lot get going :x
    I tell you what, you do your 'and a bit' and I'll see you at 8am for 2 laps :wink: :P
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    I tell you what, you do your 'and a bit' and I'll see you at 8am for 2 laps :wink: :P

i wasnt the one,who was off the bike the whole weekend,just thinking about you getting back your fitness :lol:

• Will be in Scotland this weekend so not me :-(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    phips wrote:
    I can't do Saturday this week though, as we're finally moving flat. So, if it's an RPCC Sunday spin I'll be up for it, otherwise I'll go do a Dynamo run.

why not join me and rich-ti for a 3 lap clockwise pre-ride ride and seeing as you live in NW6 Kilburn/West Hampstead/Brondesbury/South Hampstead/Willesden :lol: i'll pick you up & drop you off ,as i cant do a full days ride,PM me if interested

• Rich-Ti
    why not join me and rich-ti for a 3 lap clockwise pre-ride ride
    *Ahem* 2 laps... :wink::lol:
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    3 :wink:

• Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    3 :wink:
    Not if I'm meeting you at 8 it won't be - I have to meet the others at 9, and I ain't going balls-out to get a 60min 3 lap time at that time on a Saturday morning! :roll: :lol:
  • Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    phips wrote:

Back from hols, legs permanently sore from cross country skiing, and dying to get out for a spin on the bike. I can't do Saturday this week though, as we're finally moving flat. So, if it's an RPCC Sunday spin I'll be up for it, otherwise I'll go do a Dynamo run.

Know the feeling Phips, my knees are locked stiff having shared the driving of 1,400 +km in Germany on the weekend.

As I was given a leave pass last weekend I too am keen on a shorter run, aiming to be home around lunch time. Shall we do a short RP to BH run and back? Phips, I might
    be keen on the Dynamo ride since I have got my gear in the post. Let me know if keen.
  • Rich-Ti
    Berns12 wrote:
    Shall we do a short RP to BH run and back?
    I'm not, but if you want to then that's cool :P

I'm cool with doing Box Hill first cos I'm intrigued what it might do to my time, but that might mean we need to address the 9:30am Hampton Court collection as I'd be inclined to take the Epsom route out to BH :?
  • I dont mean to hijack the thread (well I do, but never mind) but does anyone fancy a spin out to BH on Friday morning at about 8am? I'm currently trying to persuade someone on the KW forum to leave earlier than he plans to, but not sure he'll bite - was looking for a 30-40m spin, no or not a long stop as need to be back in fulham by 12ish at the latest. GPS/directions would be welcomed as I have no sense of direction....

Anyone else got the day off and keen?
  • Rich-Ti
    I would try and wangle it Lucy but I have a regular telecon on a Friday morning that I missed last week so really need to be around for it this week :(
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    I will be out riding sometime this week, but I dont know where or when. I was hoping thrusday afternoon/evening, but I am not sure whether to have a pop at the 3-lap again, or to just go out to BH and try to surprise myself. I cant see there being much chance of a good time after 50-60miles which is commonly what we have done by the time we hit it...
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • homercles
    homercles Posts: 499
    No can do this weekend - driving down to Somerset to plan for a Denmark trip with my Dad. I'm singlespeeding that to level the playing field :shock:

Though I might (might) try and join you for the 8am 2 laps just to get out briefly.

Like to throw my hat in the ring for the 11th though...
  • Sorry, not for me this weekend - off to Belgium for beer, fritjes and there's some bike race going on apparently
  • No worries, I've found someone! :-)
  • gbs
    gbs Posts: 450
    I d) but does anyone fancy a spin out to BH on Friday morning at about 8am?.... fulham by 12ish at the latest. GPS/directions would be welcomed as I have no sense of direction....

I am up for this; to back in Fulham 12ish is good for me.

To be candid:
    1. never been there and do not have GPS but can read a map
    2. I will bring my senior railcard so you spritely young things may race back to London with a good conscience.

Where/when to meet if above candour does not disconcert?
    vintage newbie, spinning away
  • drewfromrisca
    drewfromrisca Posts: 1,165
    Not making excuses again but I'm off to Flanders fri for a weekend of beer, mussels, frites and...oh yeah cycling!!!
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Drew - should be a great trip. Are you going to try and see it at the Koppenberg?
  • chrisw28
    chrisw28 Posts: 187
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Berns12 wrote:
    Shall we do a short RP to BH run and back?
    , but that might mean we need to address the 9:30am Hampton Court collection as I'd be inclined to take the Epsom route out to BH :?

I don't mind riding out to the normal start point if need be, anything for my fellow saturday cycle buddies :wink:

ps. Rich, doing the ride tonight? :shock:
  • Rich-Ti
    chrisw28 wrote:
    I don't mind riding out to the normal start point if need be, anything for my fellow saturday cycle buddies :wink:

ps. Rich, doing the ride tonight? :shock:
    What is the general consensus on this? Are we doing BH first and do the Hampton Court crowd need to meet us at RP this week?

Chris, not doing the ride tonight buddy - not been well so don't think I'll be able to cling on to the back of a chaingang! I'll be doing a couple of gentle laps of RP instead 8)
  • drewfromrisca
    drewfromrisca Posts: 1,165
    Drew - should be a great trip. Are you going to try and see it at the Koppenberg?

Certainly am. I've got a bit lucky to be honest because the b&b we are staying in is run by a cycling couple who have offered to drive us around the race in their car which is equipped with a satellite tv system. We are even staying in a room called the Koppenberg. Jackpot hit methinks!!!
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • hey - very unlikely I'll be able to get out on Saturday, which will be a pity to miss the mad rush up Boxhill with fresh legs.

May be able to get out on Sunday for a ride if that is a possibility for anyone.
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    girls

i was out today in the hills and went up & down the usual suspects,Staple Lane,Coombe Bottom,Shere Hill,Abinger Hammer,Leith Hill,Coldharbour & Finally B@llox Hill, (did a 9m 19sec PB by 10 secs) this was accompanied by a two course meal of Cheese & Bacon Muffin with a fine red sauce followed by Treacle Slice all washed down with Chateau Neuf de Coffee

Now this is pretty normal stuff,85ks in 3hr 30 mins riding time,Except a certain RPCC member whos name sound like a biscuit sent me a message last through KW website claiming that whatever i do he'll double it,so find it in your hearts to do 170k and rip his legs off :lol::lol::lol::lol:

i'm sorry but doing BH fisrt is cheating !!!!! wher's the spirit ??

• Rich-Ti
    Now this is pretty normal stuff,85ks in 3hr 30 mins riding time
    Slow coach - should be doing at least 100k in that time... :wink::lol:
    Except a certain RPCC member whos name sound like a biscuit sent me a message last through KW website claiming that whatever i do he'll double it,so find it in your hearts to do 170k and rip his legs off :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    *Ahem* FOUNDER member, if you will... :P

And I said this weekend, so anyone who's up for a spin on Sunday let me know - I've got 200k to do 8)
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    edited April 2009
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    *Ahem* FOUNDER member, if you will... :P )

SO SOOOOORRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYY :roll

i WANT AT LEAST 170K ON SATURDAYINCLUDING RP 8)