I agree with Jeremy Clarkson on one thing

13»

Comments

• iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    I admit I'm a Wikipedia addict so i'd read that before... just wondered if LiT (or anyone else for that matter) had been privileged to see his (its?) face :D

What happens with the stars in the reasonably priced car? Does stig remain helmeted when he's teaching them or are they sworn to secrecy?
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    My guess would be that he remains helmeted, they do so well to keep his identity secret I am not sure they would risk one of these celebs blabbing whilst under the influence of something. Don't know though.
  • At the studio thing he was definitely helmeted, we weren't filming there, it was the flying for the england vs germany episode - finale of the last series.
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Ssssshhhhhhhh

And australians are just english whinging criminals anyway so there.
    I'm very surprised no one spotted that mistake sooner.

:)

I know...it's amazing what slips under some people's radar isn't it :wink:
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    I've heard a few theories...the one that teaches the stars I think is one person but has changed a couple of times throughout the series.

The one who test drives the supercars is either the regular one or with some of them i.e. the marques who are too precious to let random drivers in their cars and also want the best time possible, use their own test drivers. So the blacked out helmet helps hide this fact as well.
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • Litts's theory there is roughly what I've heard as well - makes sense. I also think it's great how one BBC show worries manufacturers so much.

However, it makes me a little bit sad that so much of what we see is manufactured/engineered for TV - what you see on the show doesn't reflect reality... especially on top gear which is one of my favourite shows...
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    With all this helmet wearing The Stig(s) must run a really high risk of suffering a rotational brain injury.
  • I have been wearing crash helmets (motorcycle, cycle) for close to 40years, and I have not yet suffered a

Raottoianl Brian injury.
    If you see the candle as flame, the meal is already cooked.
    Photography, Google Earth, Route 30
  • Oooooooh interesting! We shall have to see what happens there...
  • Mark_K
    Mark_K Posts: 666
    I'm glad Audi drivers are the new cocks of the road tbh !

Hmm yer ok i drive a BMW M3 :oops:
  • I always reckoned the stig was invented so tiff needell could keep driving with jc, who rates him as the best driver he has ever seen (after tiff et al go poached by channel 5 or whoever)
    Dan
  • AdiMac
    AdiMac Posts: 36
    Yep i used to think that, nobody drifts like Tiff!!
    Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around you could miss it.