Giro 2024:-Stage 12: Martinsicuro – Fano, 193.0k​m ***Spoilers***

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535

That's a ridiculously big group now chasing Alaphilippe and Mirco, but it's got Jan Hirt in who is at 5'57" so someone in the peloton will start to chase it

Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,762

Will Bora have to try to keep it under control by themselves?

• No_Ta_Doctor
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791

They have to go and get him which means ineos and ef need to sacrifice a rider option

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

Alaphilppe has been riding himself into shape this giro ...he might sustain

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • No_Ta_Doctor

Ganna is taking a pull in the break, don't think Ineos are going to be chasing just yet

• mididoctors

They have to sacrifice Ganna for the stage ... The GC to hirt can be trimmed off in the finale

• mididoctors

Little ramp ...use it

• No_Ta_Doctor

G2 now in splinters, it was never going to work at that size

• No_Ta_Doctor

Ganna trying to bring Narvaez up to a group of two

• mididoctors

Little rise thinned them out

• No_Ta_Doctor

Costiou in that second two with a derailleur issue, he's done for

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162

Not sure he needs to be sacrificed. The better option might be what they tried a few minutes ago, Ganna to go hard and try to bridge on his own or with one or two others and letting Narvaez sit in behind. Looks like the opposite is happening now though. Chasing group is now a good size.

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162

Terrain feels quite British. Not really big climbs but up and down with inconsistent gradients and short, sharp ramps. Similar to some of the local rides around places like Monmouthshire, Herefordshire or the Forest of Dean.

• No_Ta_Doctor

Bahrain pulling the peloton

G2 looking pretty solid - would absolutely love a Valgren win but Narvaez must be favourite there

G3 will explode on the next climb I think

• mididoctors

Feels in the balance

• mididoctors

Atilla clips off on pursuit

• kingstongraham

These two already been out there for 70km, no way they are lasting to the finish with 1 minute.

• mididoctors

Ouffffff

• No_Ta_Doctor

Very nicely done for G2 to keep them cooking themselves at around a minute without letting G3 get too close

• kingstongraham

Hirt up to virtual 2nd/3rd ish

• mididoctors

Mestre can't keep.this up ?

• kingstongraham

They actually need to get their act back together now. They've got the power, but they do need to catch them!

• mididoctors

Hirt group collapsing

• mididoctors

G2 are over thinking it

• kingstongraham

Phew, I was wondering what had happened in the GiroE

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

Trentin needs to shake off some of the pretenders in that group so they can get organised.

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

Very Giro to not classify a 2km climb at 5% with a 20% ramp in it.

• mididoctors

Getting caught on the final climb looking a distinct possibility

• kingstongraham

Only one wall left now, these guys have 10km to get within striking distance before that.