La Vuelta 2023 : Stage 20 :- Will it be a Remco chipper?

13»

Comments

• I apologise
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,940
    gsk82 said:

RichN95. said:

gsk82 said:

gsk82 said:

Highest placed rider in each GT who hasn't won a GT?

Well done. 🏆

It was phrased differently, but essentially the same

'The winner of each GT since 2012, if you're only allowed to win one'

Right so multiple winners are removed ...god that's confusing
    Could be just a one time winner. This year's giro excludes Thomas (2nd) who only won 1 GT.

Amazing that makes don't appear twice. Does that mean those finishing high up either win one or fall out of contention quickly?
    No one has not won a gt and been 2nd twice it seems
    Enric Mas (three times) and Rigoberto Uran have.
    Ah. But they were beaten by first time winners on all but one each of those occasions.
    Well spotted
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,471

gsk82 said:

RichN95. said:

gsk82 said:

gsk82 said:

Highest placed rider in each GT who hasn't won a GT?

Well done. 🏆

It was phrased differently, but essentially the same

'The winner of each GT since 2012, if you're only allowed to win one'

Right so multiple winners are removed ...god that's confusing
    Could be just a one time winner. This year's giro excludes Thomas (2nd) who only won 1 GT.

Amazing that makes don't appear twice. Does that mean those finishing high up either win one or fall out of contention quickly?
    No one has not won a gt and been 2nd twice it seems
    Enric Mas (three times) and Rigoberto Uran have.
    Ah. But they were beaten by first time winners on all but one each of those occasions.
    Well spotted
    Uran could've appeared on it again in 2017 when finishing second to Froome, so must just be only on the list once.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago