La Vuelta 2023: Stage 3:- Súria - Arinsal. Andorra, 158.5km ***Spoilers***

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791
    Caruso parks
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Ayuso attacks followed by the 3 Jumbo stooges.
    3 GT Kuss as fresh as a daisy.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Ayuso attacks
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Surrounded by jumbo rides
  • mididoctors
    Kuss over the top ...local knowledge
  • mididoctors
    Solar after kuss
  • Geraint Thomas obviously not going to feature in the GC battle
  • mididoctors
    Soler counter
  • mididoctors
    Ineos out of it
  • mididoctors
    Kuss pulls it back
  • mididoctors
    G back down the mountain
  • mididoctors
    Arensman grovelling back
  • mididoctors
    Big sprint ....remco does the buisness.... Jonas second very fit
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Remco wins then crashes over the line
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    edited August 2023
    Evenepoel brought down after the finish line.
    Ridiculous cluster of press and soigneurs with nowhere to go.
    Very nasty cut to his head.
    Celebration didn’t help.
  • mididoctors
    Remco crashes into a journalist across the line !
  • Noticeably Jumbo had 4 riders in the final group of about 12.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,391
    What a ridiculous finish area, made even worse by no one paying attention to Evenpoel approaching.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,648
    Yadayaydayada Mickey Mouse race yadayadayada
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,235

Noticeably Jumbo had 4 riders in the final group of about 12.

3 of whom are coming off the back of the Tour and one of whom looked to be one of the 4 or 5 strongest riders in the finale despite being on on his 3rd GT of the year.

It also looked to me that Vingegaard was doing no more than keeping tabs on Remco and could comfortably have won that stage.
  • What a ridiculous finish area, made even worse by no one paying attention to Evenpoel approaching.

The distance between the finish line and the nowhere to go section seemed very short for a downhill. Bad bad organisation it would appear. Not sure much blame can be levelled at Remco or the poor woman he crashed into.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    Jumbo should have told him to put the brakes on.
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,972

He couldn't as he had his hands in the air. Oh....
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 505
    Early days yet, but Landa and Dunbar lost a bit of time.

Arensman staking his claim for the Grenadiers.

Jumbo doing nothing to allay the suspicions that their Ketones seem very very special indeed.

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Everyone: It's maybe a little bit poor to hold a TTT in the dark

Vuelta Organisers: Hah! You want poor? We'll show you poor...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • pblakeney said:

And who doesnt do that? It was perhaps a long celebration but looking at the others in shot, if they celebrate, they have the same fate- they barely stop.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    Vingegaard riding like he owes Roglic a favour. Closed Ayuso with ease and both he and Kuss seem to mostly be checking for Roglic. I was expecting Vingegaard to be riding for Roglic for the Vuelta, but today it probably would have made more sense to hit out and make the other contenders chase.
    Maybe Roglic would have then been put in trouble by his own team. Odd for JV to ride the finale so passively considering they had 3 riders left. Kuss' fake attack doesn't count.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,972

pblakeney said:

And who doesnt do that? It was perhaps a long celebration but looking at the others in shot, if they celebrate, they have the same fate- they barely stop.
    Yeahbut, take a look ahead surely. Isn't there a rule against this sort of thing in junior (or similar) races? Not that I want it banned, but be aware of your surroundings.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.