TDF 2023:- Stage 20:- Belfort to Le Markstein, 133km ***Spoilers***

1234568»

Comments

• r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    It's more the ridiculous over the top fandom around Pinot that gets my goat, not the man himself
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    r0bh said:

It's more the ridiculous over the top fandom around Pinot that gets my goat, not the man himself

I was the same, unil him being a twat in breakaways in the Giro this year snapped my patience.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154
    r0bh said:

Trying to work out if that was deliberate or or just accidentally appropriate
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Pross said:

r0bh said:

Accidental, and then I realised what I'd done
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    r0bh said:

Pross said:

r0bh said:

Accidental, and then I realised what I'd done
    You're kidding!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    edited July 2023
    Arthur Vichot leading the big beer chants :D

Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    In contrast to the media love in for Pinot's last Tour, the media coverage to Sagan's finale has been a shrug of the shoulders.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    They never forgave him for not singlehandedly winning every jersey in every GT and every classic in a year like he was obviously meant to do...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    edited July 2023
    I guess Pinot to the French is what Tim Henman was to the British. But Gaudu hasn't turned out to be Andy Murray.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Well, yeah.

Which is [part of the reason I can't hate on the french too much for it*. Every country has it's Pinot/Tour

(*although, yesterday was really the only time I ever gave into the hype)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    RichN95. said:

In contrast to the media love in for Pinot's last Tour, the media coverage to Sagan's finale has been a shrug of the shoulders.

Drifted out the back with no one noticing ...

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    I liked the pinot fan club bit .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Sagan got covid how many times? Wrecked his career
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325

RichN95. said:

Mind you, a shrug of the shoulders has been Sagan's reaction to his final tour!
    Interesting thing with that today - he was really spiky with the "official" interview, but relaxed a bit more with Orla et al. I wonder if he's had a load of criticism from somewhere that's really sucked the fun out of it, because after a couple of minutes of other people laughing and joking he really seemed to become a bit more of his old self.
  • RichN95.

RichN95. said:

Mind you, a shrug of the shoulders has been Sagan's reaction to his final tour!
    Interesting thing with that today - he was really spiky with the "official" interview, but relaxed a bit more with Orla et al. I wonder if he's had a load of criticism from somewhere that's really sucked the fun out of it, because after a couple of minutes of other people laughing and joking he really seemed to become a bit more of his old self.

I think it was maybe because Blythe (an ex-teammate from Tinkoff) was there. It creates a 'safe space'. I think a lot of successful cyclists have been burnt by journalists using them.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    RichN95. said:

I guess Pinot to the French is what Tim Henman was to the English. But Gaudu hasn't turned out to be Andy Murray.

FTFY.
  • RichN95.
    edited July 2023
    orraloon said:

RichN95. said:

I guess Pinot to the French is what Tim Henman was to the English. But Gaudu hasn't turned out to be Andy Murray.

FTFY.
    Funny you should say that. Originally I wrote English, but edited it when I added the second sentence.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,645

Sagan got covid how many times? Wrecked his career

I think it coincided with him divorcing and I think he lost his head after that too.