TDF 2023: Stage 19:- Moirans-en-Montagne to Poligny, 173km ***Spoilers***

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,645
    Jumbo rightly getting annoyed by the moto being too close.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    UAE and JV united in being pissed off with the moto in front of them
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rick_chasey

UAE and JV united in being pissed off with the moto in front of them

It is really annoying.

In general it's been a bad Tour for motos. Far too many of them.
  • rick_chasey
    edited July 2023
    If we start treating them for what they are, more deadly than mountain descents, we'd have a much safer course.

Plus they falsify the racing much more.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790

Well designed stage this. No-one knows how it's gonna end.

Yeah can go so many different ways even after a break goes
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154
    Only just managed to turn on, I assume there's no-one of note in the second peloton?
  • mididoctors
    Politt bike death
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • poweredbyidris
    poweredbyidris Posts: 848
    edited July 2023
    Politt for the CyclingOutOfContext moment of the Tour
  • mididoctors
    Break will miss him
  • Pross
    Pollitt putting too much power down and breaking his chain and the hapless Shimano service tem can't find the right bike.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Gutted for Politt, snappeed chain and then the Shimano car offered him three different bikes he couldn't ride
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    edited July 2023
    Good advert for Mavic neutral service that, at least the odd rider got to ride one of those. Glad that's not my van getting bikes chucked at it...
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • rick_chasey

Gutted for Politt, snappeed chain and then the Shimano car offered him three different bikes he couldn't ride

Need to get rid of them. Useless.
  • mididoctors
    My man Zimmerman's chances diminished
  • Pross
    Yeah, they just waste road space being there.
  • mididoctors
    Ptp were pretty good at picking guys in the break ...la Porte politt and Zimmerman ... Politt super unlucky
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,703
    The peloton playing into Alpecin’s hands.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Gutted for Politt, snappeed chain and then the Shimano car offered him three different bikes he couldn't ride

You'd think there'd be some kind of communication when the mechanic gets out of the car to identify pedal type needed
  • rick_chasey

You'd think there'd be some kind of communication when the mechanic gets out of the car to identify pedal type needed
    Shimano hardly gonna carry a rival. Get rid of em.
  • Pross
    Peloton hasn't learned from yesterday and are keeping the break on a very short leash. Politt easily gets back to the peloton, he's flying at the moment.
  • mididoctors
    Teams in the break Let the break go down to 30 secs then bridge with fresh riders ...politt could bridge
  • Gutted for Politt, snappeed chain and then the Shimano car offered him three different bikes he couldn't ride

Ha

"Oh, Look pedals?.... hang on"

*opens boot, rummages around a bit*

*stands with hands on hips*

"Dave! What did we do with those Look pedals? Did we leave them in the hotel?"
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Only just managed to turn on, I assume there's no-one of note in the second peloton?

a very tired AYates was caught up ..UAE came back dragged him across the gap when it was 45 secs

• No_Ta_Doctor

Ha

"Oh, Look pedals?.... hang on"

*opens boot, rummages around a bit*

*stands with hands on hips*

"Dave! What did we do with those Look pedals? Did we leave them in the hotel?"
    Dave: I'll have a LOOK for them... a LOOK!

Daves mate: *sigh* He ALWAYS says that, don't you Dave?
  • mididoctors
    Let riders come across
  • mididoctors
    and it's on
  • mididoctors
    Fascinating racing
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Popped away for a pee and the race explodes into absolute chaos
  • rick_chasey
    Would be nice if we saw it happen.
  • Pross
    It's going to be some break if these riders bridge. I find it off that JV allowed some strong sprinters to bridge to a group where they had a rider already. I know they have Laporte bridging but there are a few who should beat him in a sprint.