Cycling sponsorship has no influence on me...

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,660
And I use Alpecin Shampoo...

What are yours?

We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,970
    Other than cycling specific stuff? Zero.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Going to buy some new bathroom fittings next week. Will at least check out what Hansgrohe have to offer
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,156
    I’ve got Quickstep flooring on the downstairs of the house. It’s been down about 20 years and is way better than any other laminate flooring I’ve used. There’s also a few bags of Mapei grout in the shed left over from when we had the kitchen floor tiled.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited July 2023
    Funnily enuguh throughout the entire Sky sponsorship I got my TV/Internet from Virgin. Now they've left I'm with Sky. (Cycling wasn't a factor in these decisions)

I went to Lidl yesterday, but that's because it's close by.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,640
    edited July 2023
    I once had a Peugeot, and used amphetamines.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    For want of any other particular reason to choose one, I did have an HTC phone specifically because of the cycling team. Can't think of any other examples.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    I did look at Bora for the kitchen when we had the house ripped out. Thought that looks really cool. Then looked at the prices and decided it really didn't.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,694
    What sort of grout do you all use?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Does anyone have a range as good as Mapei?
  • joeyhalloran
    joeyhalloran Posts: 1,080
    I look out for Soudal stuff when needed. For me it's not so much that it 'works on me' (though maybe it does) when all else equal I like to support a company that supports cycling. It's a more conscious decision than other marketing
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,970

What sort of grout do you all use?

I don't. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535

I look out for Soudal stuff when needed. For me it's not so much that it 'works on me' (though maybe it does) when all else equal I like to support a company that supports cycling. It's a more conscious decision than other marketing

Same here, apart from the amphetamines
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • First.Aspect
    And most Americans still use the USPS.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    I think I have quickstep underlay, definitely three different shades of mapei grout, and lovely hansgrohe taps.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398

I do this too, if I'm choosing between two otherwise similar products.
  • Just bought some Mapei tile cement, never twigged it was the company that sponsored cycling until this thread 😅
  • wakemalcolm
    wakemalcolm Posts: 825
    Wonder how many more pregnancy tests Omega Pharmacy sold off the back of their sponsorship?
    ================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,918
    I watched ET as a kid and pestered for a BMX, never found an alien to put in the shopping basket though.

Hasta la vista.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    The only one I can think of is Quickstep laminate flooring - the sponsorship probably did help sway me - turned out to be very good though would definitely recommend.

[Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    edited July 2023
    Nothing bought intentionally, but by happenchance ended up with some Hansgrohe bathroom bits, replacement shower hose iirc, and some Deceuninck PVC cladding boards.

Just bought some Mapei tile cement, never twigged it was the company that sponsored cycling until this thread 😅

Good shout, we have some of that too :)
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • First.Aspect
    I regularly enter the national lottery in other European countries.
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    I grouted my laminate flooring with Alpecin shampoo. No one tells me what to do.

And I still have my hair, so it clearly works.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • flite
    flite Posts: 225
    I did buy a Skoda Yeti about 10 years ago. Cost a fortune to service. Disbelief when I was told it needed new brake discs (not pads, discs) after 3 years because I didn't use the brakes enough!
    Now got a Citroen, probably best I forgot the ag2r sponsorship.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,532
    Prior to this thread, I think the only sponsors who I actually knew what they sold were Ineos Grenadiers (from this forum, not sure I have ever seen the car itself) and Alpecin (from the relentless advertising on Eurosport).
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197
    I actually saw a real life 23 plate Grenadier rumblewagon this past week, bit like a botoxed old Defender. Looks spot on for saff west Lahndahn.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    I think I have some Ceramiche Ariostea tiling in the bathroom, by chance.

Definitely got some Alpecin although I've noted any improvement to my sprinting ability.

I have a Skoda as a combination of being a skinflint and wanting a car boot big enough to swallow a bike. Nothing to do with their sponsorship.

Probably got some Soudal sealant or adhesive in the cupboard of decorating stuff.

Got a Garmin, Le Col clothing, SRAM, Elite... Probably lots of things from manufacturers providing sponsorship, but as several post above they don't necessarily influence buying decisions unless there are a couple of similar priced products and it might swing me to put money back in their pocket.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    I tried Cochonou, but haven't become a regular consumer.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,156

Prior to this thread, I think the only sponsors who I actually knew what they sold were Ineos Grenadiers (from this forum, not sure I have ever seen the car itself) and Alpecin (from the relentless advertising on Eurosport).

You didn't know Lidl was a supermarket chain, Citroen a car manufacturer, UAE was a country and Trek make bikes?
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,532
    I don't tend to notice cars. I did see a pink ferrari the other day which stood out. Definitely not a stealth car. Google tells me the driver (an attractive women in her 20s) mistook a bus lane for a parking spot.

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    flite said:

I did buy a Skoda Yeti about 10 years ago. Cost a fortune to service. Disbelief when I was told it needed new brake discs (not pads, discs) after 3 years because I didn't use the brakes enough!
    Now got a Citroen, probably best I forgot the ag2r sponsorship.

That reminds me actually, when we decided to replace our last Volvo estate, I was semi-seriously looking at the Skoda Octavia TDF edition, that has TDF badging, and possibly even floor mats! :D

Had they carried that 'edition' in the Superb estate I may well have got one, but happily found (After a suggestion from a forum member on here) a much more useful (for our family) small van with 7 seats, the rear two of which I have removed, so bikes can now go in fully assembled with one or more of the mid row seats down.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18