TDF 2023: Stage 15: - Les Gets to Saint Gervais, 180km ***Spoilers***

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791
    Gooners
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,156
    edited July 2023
    Who was the Ineos rider sliding back to the peloton? Was it Kwiato dropping out of the break or had Pidcock been out there still from his attack just before the crash? Whoever it was didn’t look too good.
  • mididoctors
    RichN95. said:

Ala + Lutsenko, then...

Gil Martin has a knack of getting in those breaks
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Who was the Ineos rider sliding back to the peloton? Was it Kwiato dropping out of the break or had Pidcock been out there still from his attack just before the crash? Whoever it was didn’t look too good.

Pidders
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535

Gooners

Arsene Wenger is in the car with Prudhomme today
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Pross
    Over 7 minutes from the front two to the peloton and just under 7 minutes from the large group.

At what point is it reasonable for UAE to try putting Jumbo under pressure here? There’s no obvious reason for them to keep soft pedalling now everyone is back.
  • mididoctors
    That crash totally altered the race
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,448
    Pross said:

Over 7 minutes from the front two to the peloton and just under 7 minutes from the large group.

At what point is it reasonable for UAE to try putting Jumbo under pressure here? There’s no obvious reason for them to keep soft pedalling now everyone is back.

There's no point until they are on a decent climb. Maybe put the pressure on going up the Forclaz and drop the Jumbo rouleurs and see who is left at the summit`?
  • Pross
    Lutsenko doing the Froome ‘come on, keep up’ routine.
  • No_Ta_Doctor

That crash totally altered the race

Yep.

Jumbo can't really ride hard now, Ineos and Bora might do some work, but it's going to be a lot gentler now
  • mididoctors
    Jumbo plan b .. push the break on to the win soaking up bonus and get WVA up the road
  • mididoctors
    I think UAE are knackered as much as JV ... Chill and then a uphill sprint at the end
  • Pross
    Save by Lutsenko.

Really don’t get Wout working on the front of the break now.
  • mididoctors
    Kuss looks banged up
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    edited July 2023
    RichN95. said:

The break has gone. Surely Alaphillippe and Lutsenko need to review their choices.

More expensive than one overlooking the Champs Elysees
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    Pierre Latour dropped on the descent again
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross

It’s painful to watch at times. The ability a rider must have to make it to that level despite having to compensate for such an obvious technical flaw.

At the other end the lead Jumbo rider was too quick for the moto
  • Pross
    Skills by Coquard to save that with broken handlebars
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    Boulting no better than Kirby.
    According to him, Jumbo don’t have a rider in the front group.
    I mean, how do you miss WVA?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    Pross said:

It’s painful to watch at times. The ability a rider must have to make it to that level despite having to compensate for such an obvious technical flaw.

At the other end the lead Jumbo rider was too quick for the moto
    Hasn't Latour had a few bad accidents in the last few years? Can see how that would get in your head.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325

Boulting no better than Kirby.
    According to him, Jumbo don’t have a rider in the front group.
    I mean, how do you miss WVA?

Depends how much you buy into the hype machine and whether you think WvA is working for Jumbo or himself, I suppose...
  • Pross
    So is the winner coming from the break? I thought it was less likely a few kms back but the peloton has dropped back again now.
  • mididoctors
    Israel have to chase ...trek and ef don't have it
  • mididoctors
    Rui Costa fan club
  • No_Ta_Doctor
  • Pross
    What a strange Tour, I thought I’d seen it all but now Rui Costa isn’t wheel sucking his way to victory.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760

<3
  • mididoctors
    Israel have 4 riders ...they have to throw bodies in here
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Pross said:

What a strange Tour, I thought I’d seen it all but now Rui Costa isn’t wheel sucking his way to victory.

But on the other hand, he isn't pulling anyone else either
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,647
    edited July 2023
    Such a weird rider, Costa