Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    Never heard of Steve Williams before
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,196
    Fred gone rocket mode...
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Hurrah ...Fred
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Good battle
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Tough little race
  • mididoctors
    UK race is often a good one .
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    Enjoyed that.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Pleased Fred got it. Decent race.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325

Tough little race

Really selective roads, those - they never, ever let you settle into a rhythm.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Good race, really pleased for Fred Wright.

In Denmark, Skjelmose took the win ahead of Magnus Bak Klaris and Andreas Kron
    Casper Pedseren broke a collarbone, so won't be going to France
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • bianchi_dave
    bianchi_dave Posts: 932
    That was a good watch 👌. Roll on next Saturday
    Scott Foil RC
    Scott Addict RC
    Trek Emonda
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,196
    Both women's and men's were good races. Well done Pfeiffer and Fred, deserved wins and stripey jerseys.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,387
    edited June 2023
    Also really pleased for Fred.
    Now for some more wins in bigger races.
    At least we can be sure he will show off the jersey!
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,447
    Mad_Malx said:

Never heard of Steve Williams before

Really? He won a stage of the Tour de Suisse last year, as well as the overall in the Cro Race in 2021.

He was exceptional as an u23 rider, including a win at the Ronde de l'Isard stage race, but has had a lot of issues with a knee injury that has curtailed his racing. He was at Bahrain for a long time, but left last year to join the Pineau team, but managed to get a ride at IPT after that failed to materialise.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Properly attritional race that. Really pleased for Fred especially as a teammate of Mader.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Pog doubles up in Slovenia
  • mididoctors

who else was riding?

• bm5
    bm5 Posts: 559
    Pleased for Fred and he played that really well. He was great at the time trials the other day.
    However I would have been pleased if Knox had won.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455

Maybe they can actually make him a decent National Champs jersey at UAE instead of their usual garbage version.

Has it been mentioned that Remco wins the Belgian RR?
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • wakemalcolm
    wakemalcolm Posts: 825
    bm5 said:

Pleased for Fred. I would have been pleased if Knox had won.

It's contract year for Knox, any idea if he has anything lined up?
    ================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • red.rider
    red.rider Posts: 1,188
    m.r.m. said:

Has it been mentioned that Remco wins the Belgian RR?

Marc Hirschi took the Swiss jersey in a sprint on an up-down circuit (7x370 v.m., 150km total). Sebastian Reichenbach put in a big attack on the last time up the climb, but a headwind over the top was always going to favour the chasing group which featured Stefan Kung, Mauro Schmid, Silvan Dillier, Hirschi, and a bunch of Tudor pro-conti riders.
  • wakemalcolm
    wakemalcolm Posts: 825

who else was riding?

It's all about opinions, but for me a combined Slovenian/British champs would have been a Slovenian clean sweep of the podium.
    ================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • Dorset_Boy
    Quinn Simmons and Chloe Dygert win in the US ro really please the cake stoppers!
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    Pross said:

French race has 2 FDJ riders and 2 Arkea riders trying to bridge to 1 FDJ and 1 Arkea with one AG2R rider just managing to get back to the chasers.

All together now with a lead of 1:08.

Good race - went from Arkea and FdJ dominating to not dominating pretty quickly with Gaudau having a sudden failure as he might well have been odds-on to take the jersey. Looked v.hot and v.hard attritional race.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    gweeds said:

Properly attritional race that. Really pleased for Fred especially as a teammate of Mader.

Pretty clownish interview... Fred did well to keep calm I think.

He came to our club Christmas do as a guest and did a little interview, nice chap. Has been spotted out in our club branded buff since...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,153
    "You're obviously struggling to talk about it so I'm going to ask you an outright question about it". What a tw@t.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,640
    Pleased to see the word "attritional" is becoming as prevalent here as on GCN/Eurosport/Discovery.
  • mididoctors
    edited June 2023

Pleased to see the word "attritional" is becoming as prevalent here as on GCN/Eurosport/Discovery.

I made the term popular here as far back as 2010. I have no proof of that of course .GCN stole it from here

• Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325

Pretty ironic if it's grinding you down
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,640

I made the term popular here as far back as 2010. I have no proof of that of course .GCN stole it from here

You bothered to check, and you consider it then became “popular”? What a life you have!