Giro d'Italia 23 Stage 9: Savignano sul Rubicone - Cesena, 35.0 km For the Testers ***SPOILERS***

Comments

• r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    And G 1s faster than Tao
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    G fastest by 1sec
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Roglic balls up his effort ...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Lol G
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Wow. Could be Ineos 1-2 here
  • JimD666
    Remco gone out too quick perhaps?

Slower than G at 2nd timing point
  • mididoctors
    Roglic has just got his pacing bad
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    edited May 2023
    Roglic definitely getting a draft from the motorbike currently.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • mididoctors
    God g looks rinsed
  • mrb123
    Not a disaster for Rog
  • mididoctors
    Remco just does not have it
  • m.r.m.
    Remco holds on like a boss!
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Remco by 1s, so 2s separating 1-3
  • mrb123

Remco just does not have it

That aged well!
  • JimD666
    That's a whole pile closer that I expected.
  • mididoctors
    Yes he does LOL
  • mididoctors
    Who would have TGH losing only 2 secs to REMCO
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Even though he won, in the big picture Evenepoel was a loser today.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • m.r.m.
    Weird if anyone will pick up on only Roglic having a close police bike almost the entire stage compared to everyone else. Really weird. Probably didn't make much of a difference in the end, but maybe it saved Roglic 5-10 seconds.
  • mididoctors
    No knock out blow ....race on
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,153
    Ridiculously close between the top 3. Thought at one point Remco was going to have it by 5-10 seconds then thought he was missing it and at the end thought it would tick over to the same time. Geraint possibly lost it on that one slightly nervous corner but that’s the best I’ve seen him time trial in a while.
  • mrb123
    One of the most watchable TTs I've seen for a long time.
  • m.r.m.
    RichN95. said:

Not convinced. Roglic doesn't look his usual self. Question is if he will get stronger or just doesn't have it. I'm not convinced Remco will ship a ton of time in the mountains. If he doesn't crash anymore he has a very good shot at holding on.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,526
    Disappointing for Almeida. He was supposed to be putting time into the better climbers.
  • mididoctors
    m.r.m. said:

Weird if anyone will pick up on only Roglic having a close police bike almost the entire stage compared to everyone else. Really weird. Probably didn't make much of a difference in the end, but maybe it saved Roglic 5-10 seconds.

I didn't notice tbh ....was it way close
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited May 2023
    Ineos have five riders within three and a half minutes of pink. They could be a handful if they play it right
    m.r.m. said:

RichN95. said:

Not convinced. Roglic doesn't look his usual self. Question is if he will get stronger or just doesn't have it. I'm not convinced Remco will ship a ton of time in the mountains. If he doesn't crash anymore he has a very good shot at holding on.
    His Giro strategy would have been based on taking a minute minimum out of everyone bar Roglic today
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,643
    RichN95. said:

Ineos have five riders within three and a half minutes of pink. They could be a handful if they play it right

m.r.m. said:

RichN95. said:

His Giro strategy would have been based on taking a minute minimum out of everyone bar Roglic today
    Movistar-esq 😉
  • mrb123
    RichN95. said:

Ines have five riders within three and a half minutes of pink. They could be a handful if they play it right

I'm starting to believe. Remco and Rog might both be susceptible to week 3 weakness.
  • m.r.m.
    RichN95. said:

m.r.m. said:

RichN95. said:

Okay you got me there. I certainly think Ineos can be quite a handful. Question is though what happens if Remco and Roglic for that matter just ride to power and ignore TGH attacks. I would be surprised to see G going for anything long.
    But I agree, Ineos certainly have cards to play and we're only at the end of the first week.