Giro d'Italia 23 Stage 6: Napoli - Napoli, 162 km - Rolling ***SPOILERS***

Comments

• takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,809
    Pross said:

Don't get why Ineos are still on the front.

At least it's not just me. What is their aim?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,150
    Hmm, dodgy streets through the town centre I guess.

Roglic down and having bike change
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Roglic mechanical
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    No crash, just mechanical but may have crashed earlier.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Mechanical for Roglic not a crash
  • Pross
    Not nice chasing back through these streets, Roglic ignoring his team mates and just going hard alone.
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Not nice chasing back through these streets, Roglic ignoring his team mates and just going hard alone.

Scary ...I wouldn't do a roglic and follow a car ... Could break in a flash on these roads

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    This is pretty dodgy
  • mididoctors
    Demarchi looking for retirement or the finish line ....going deep
  • mididoctors
    G down
  • r0bh
    Problem for Thomas
  • Pross
    Thomas finally has his customary crash. That was a ridiculous unprotected island right on a corner,

Actually just a dropped chain.
  • mididoctors
    Chain drop
    ... I think he will get back
  • mididoctors
    Crazy run in...this a dangerous course ...imagine if it was raining
  • Pross
    Peloton looking very small and strung out. Going to be quite a tough chase.
  • mididoctors
    Ganna to the rescue
  • Pross

Crazy run in...this a dangerous course ...imagine if it was raining

Yeah, it has been ridiculous on this section and it should have been possible to do something safer or at least protect the hazards a bit more.
  • Pross
    Not sure he's going to make this, it's a crazy pace
  • mididoctors
    Ineos blocking up front?
  • r0bh
    Thomas back on
  • Pross
    Bunching a bit more at the front now and he makes it. Peloton is pretty small.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    This is going to be tight for the breakaway.
  • Pross
    Touch and go on the break being caught, that tricky section worked in their favour.
  • mididoctors
    Jayco to block
  • Pross
    Inside 3km to go, break has 32".
  • Pross
    Think the sprint teams may have misjudged how much the roads on the run in would help them.
  • Pross
    Gap coming down slightly too slowly but the bunch always comes strong in the final km.
  • r0bh
    1km 14s
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    Break faffing
  • Pross
    They can't mess about like this