Giro d'Italia 23 Stage 6: Napoli - Napoli, 162 km - Rolling ***SPOILERS***

mididoctors
mididoctors Posts: 18,790
edited May 2023 in Pro race

Biggish hill early-ish

Another promenade finish .

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm

Comments

• mididoctors
    Hope it's not raining
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • bianchi_dave
    bianchi_dave Posts: 932

Hope it's not raining

Absolutely, stunning part of the world. We honeymooned in the area 23 years ago (how time flies). Can safely say Rivello is the most serene and stunning place I've ever been. Always said we'd go back but never have :/
    Scott Foil RC
    Scott Addict RC
    Trek Emonda
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,387

Hope it's not raining

Hannah Walker on Eurosport yesterday suggested the bad weather would continue today.....
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,150
    GC teams to drill it on the early climbs to test out Remco's injuries? SQS reporting he's quite stiff with a bruised hip, would have thought they'd have said he was fine.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535

Hope it's not raining

Hannah Walker on Eurosport yesterday suggested the bad weather would continue today.....
    Looks like it from the forecasts I've seen
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    Lot of faffing about
  • mididoctors
    Their off ....bit more aggression today ... Not raining for now
  • mididoctors
    Jayco sending de marchi up the road ....good tactic
  • mididoctors
    edited May 2023
    Gavaria down crash ...he's ok
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    Break established:

DELETTRE Alexandre 43:02
    GAVAZZI Francesco 17:27
    WÜRTZ SCHMIDT Mads 23:44
    QUARTERMAN Charlie 41:45
    DE MARCHI Alessandro 27:25
  • mididoctors

• mididoctors
    Bunch sits up ....break.gone
  • mididoctors
    Chase re ignited by bardiani for a few secs
  • Pross
    There's a potato chaser in between and Bardiani appear to have been told they need someone in the break. Feels like they've left it too late though and are just going to annoy everyone.
  • JimD666
    Pross said:

There's a potato chaser in between and Bardiani appear to have been told they need someone in the break. Feels like they've left it too late though and are just going to annoy everyone.

OK so Hatch has just just the term "chasing potatoes".

Anyone able to enlighten the permanently bewildered as to its origin?
  • JimD666
    Cheers rick.
  • mididoctors
    Ineos taking up ....testing the bunch
  • Pross
    Serre must be getting fed up, I assume the DS is punishing him for missing the move initially
  • mididoctors
    Verre longest potato chase ever
  • mididoctors
    Technical descent on balconyesque roads
  • mididoctors
    Verre caught
  • mididoctors
    Cav chasing to get back on ... Speed up in the bunch
  • mididoctors
    Cav battling
  • mididoctors
    This chase is getting very hard on the legs
  • mididoctors
    Ineos cutting the gap has made the break catchable and the race hard ...Bahrain and UAE are hammering it but the break is making a good fist of it
  • mididoctors
    Demarchi presses on with Simon Clark
  • mididoctors
    Quite the chase this
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,809
    Is 1 minute per 10k still a thing? Watching on PCS the gap has only come down by 30 seconds in 15 k or so
  • Pross
    Don't get why Ineos are still on the front.