Amstel Gold 2023 *** Spoiler thread ***

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,776
    gsk82 said:

In his defence he tried to stay with Pogacar which is probably what's done for him. He could've measured his effort and gone for the podium like he rode for a Vaughters team.

Well he ain't going to win by not going with pog

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,063
    r0bh said:

That car in front of Pog is ridiculous

It’s trying its best to break away from him but can’t get a gap!
  • Pross
    Pidcock not losing anything after that initial gap developed so can hopefully hold on for third. He might even be closing, wonder if Healy put too much into that.
  • Pross
    Timing shite again.
  • Pross
    Now showing Pidcock 50” behind Healy.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,371
    The time gaps have been all over the place the whole race
  • mididoctors
    They are all pretty spent ... Gruelling grindfest
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Pross
    Great ride by Healy, he’s been a revelation this season.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,657
    Tell you what, that is a cracking result for Ben Healy...

First of the normal people.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Pidcock should just hold on for 3rd thanks to the two behind messing about.
  • mididoctors
    Well cosnefoy picks are going to be annoyed
  • mididoctors
    Lol ...pidcock dying across the line
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,089
    Pross said:

by a second !
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • Pross
    Oof that was tight, Pidcock was completely spent. Nearly lost a 50m lead in the last 150m.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,510

Only AG2R rider I saw the whole day was Godon when he crashed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Pross
    davidof said:

Pross said:

by a second !
    The other two blew that by messing around.
  • mididoctors
    That was a very hard race
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,089
    ddraver said:

Good training block for the real business over the summer, MTB

a summer sharing a room with PFP at races

BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,394
    If only one of the big riders show up it’s not really worth watching is it?
  • mididoctors
    Well I hope some big names attack with a 100k to go at the fleche ...if that's the new way
  • mididoctors
    That hair isn't right Healy
  • mididoctors
    Lol
  • rick_chasey
    Healy’s a new name to me. What’s he like rider wise?
  • mididoctors

Did well at brab pil mid week.... No sprint
  • Pross

Has a couple of wins this season both on courses with a lumpy profile and flat finish (outsprinted Padun and Pozzovivo on a stage of Coppi e Bartali and solo in the other).

Possibly did too much in Brabantse Pijl and was well beaten in the sprint. Probably doesn't have the outright power or sprint speed to compete with Pog / Roglic / Evenepoel etc. just yet but only 22 and he's up there giving it a good go.
  • rick_chasey
    edited April 2023
    Thanks. These lads look so skinny.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,451
    ddraver said:

Pidcock's not had it all winter tbf...

Good training block for the real business over the summer, MTB

Shouldn't have peaked for Sa Calobra in December. 😉
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,432

Had a hunch and went for it. Should have played safe.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,432

He has excellent race craft. Showed that as an u23 when he won stages in both the Tour de l'Avenir (youngest stage winner ever I believe) and the Baby Giro. He seems to have a good sense for sniffing out the right moves. But he's really stepped up this year, couple of low key wins but two seconds this week has turbo charged his season.