Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    RichN95. said:

RichN95. said:

The SD Worx rider will still win

Maybe not
    Was insane

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Great final 50k
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    ddraver said:

Stubbon 10 seconds tho...

Very!
  • peteco
    peteco Posts: 184
    That was a great race and a very deserved winner.
  • mididoctors
    They all owe the polish girl a big favour
  • mididoctors
    Lotte looks miserable
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

Is she the one that took out the favourites group? That was the defining moment
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    RichN95. said:

The SD Worx rider will still win

Timing of this comment was superb!
  • mididoctors
    RichN95. said:

Is she the one that took out the favourites group? That was the defining moment
    They took a long time getting it back together after that

• mididoctors
    Styling hat
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,529
    Good race, nice to see a not SD Worx victory, well deserved.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • No_Ta_Doctor
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,019
    She looked pleased with that win!

Imagine being the rider who got to the velodrome doing f all in the break and then stacking it touching a wheel before the sprint opens - I imagine she'll be replaying that in her mind for a few years.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,188
    Just catched up. Good race. 👍 Jackson
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,568

Yessss 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

Mads is baller
    Maybe he can break the top 50 for the first time :D
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,532
    My prediction is MvdP long solo
  • mididoctors

My prediction is MvdP long solo

I can't work out if good conditions help a long solo or hinder it . ... Help.i think
  • mididoctors
    I went Ganna .... Took a risk
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,936

I went Ganna .... Took a risk

Strong enough.
    Possibly come down to handling, then luck.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I went for Pedersen. He looked strong last week and this should suit him better.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Heart says Mads, head says MvdP
  • mididoctors
    MvdP has to be the big fav
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,453
    Was Kopecky so smashed she couldn't bridge over the final 10 seconds? There was a Longo Borghini attack she covered with ease and she could have countered immediately and then been in the leading group. Some risk in bridging others over as well, but they'd have still been 2 SD Worx in the final group with Kopecky having a leadout for the bunch sprint.
    Seems strange to me to have put in so much effort before and then play it so passively in the final.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,863
    edited April 2023
    Moring all,

I've avoided the women's PR result so far.

Was it a good race?
    If so, from what distance remaining should I start watching please?

Gave our daughter her 'new' to her 44cm Bianchi yesterday, and know this race has inspired her in the past.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    Very worth watching. I'd say a minimum of 40km to go for some context of events.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,568
    JimD666 said:

Very worth watching. I'd say a minimum of 40km to go for some context of events.

The gcn 40 minute highlights did a pretty good job from what I could tell
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • My outside bets for today are Sep Vanmarke at 100/1 and Edvald Boassan Hagen at 200/1

Also have an each treble on MVDP in MSR RVV and PR
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,441
    daniel_b said:

Moring all,

I've avoided the women's PR result so far.

Was it a good race?
    If so, from what distance remaining should I start watching please?

Gave our daughter her 'new' to her 44cm Bianchi yesterday, and know this race has inspired her in the past.

Last 50 kms if you can.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Riders going for a pee in the neutralised section.

Could you not have gone before you left?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,532

Riders going for a pee in the neutralised section.

Could you not have gone before you left?

All that coffee