Festive 8 Cols 2022

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    pblakeney said:

pblakeney said:

pblakeney said:

Well, I managed to squeeze in a sneaky wee Valparola.
    Still well off the pace to complete though.

You are only an hour behind, to be fair…

Yeah but... Saint-Bernard is going to be tough to negotiate hogging the living room and TV for 2 hours. Maybe an expensive sales day out might work. 🤣
    Rouvy on your mobile frees up the tv. ;)
    Still need the space though.
    Get it sorted. We need a good little group tomorrow. The heads of state!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,967
    If I'm doing it then it will be a very early start.
    You can catch me. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    edited December 2022
    Crans-Montana done, 1:15 - matched pre-ride expectations/hopes time-wise*. Hope other videos are smoother. This one was like I was tripping - not very smooth and with loads of edge distortion, especially in the bottom corners. Shot with a GoPro on the front of a coach/mini-coach so never as smooth as a truly ridden route.
    Couldn't find any of the routes using the Search function and going from the original links to then 'add to favorites' still didn't add it to a list in the app, so ended up doing this one just because the Tour des Stations has its own entry. Had then cooled down too much from the Tutorial video.
    Look and feel is very similar to Bkool. Videos on that are very dependent on how they were shot. I think their augmented reality has improved (haven't tried it in a while), and they might have moved on from being just a blob on the road to reflect another user's position.

*I hadn't checked out the 3w/kg times on p2 beforehand, so was just going off distance and average gradient. I'm more like 2.7/2.8 so 1:15 pretty much reflects that. Tre Cime I have done on Bkool at 1:36 (noting the last 5k are pretty steep), which is closer to the 3w/kg time so must have been fitter/younger.
  • pblakeney
    Heads up - It might just be me but I can't find Saint Bernard or Bondone in the app.
    I found them in the website search but not in app. Lavaredo it is today.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • mrb123
    pblakeney said:

Heads up - It might just be me but I can't find Saint Bernard or Bondone in the app.

I found Saint Bernard in the app ok by searching "Bernard"

• pblakeney said:

Add to favourites from the site?

left the forum March 2023
  • pblakeney
    edited December 2022

pblakeney said:

Yeah. Figured that one out 1/2 way up Lavaredo.
    Struggled today. Wife has the cold lurgy and I am now wondering.... Good luck today!

Edit - I have no option to do this. Maybe as I am just on a free trial.
    And a search for Bernard in the app only comes up with San Bernardino.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • mrb123
    Long old climb that one.

Absolutely spectacular at the top but took a long time to get there!

Should be able to fit in a shorter one tomorrow morning and then that will be me done as we're away to the Lakes for New Year.
  • That's my Col 4 completed ✅ - Simplon Pass. 🇨🇭🚴🇨🇭

• mrb123 said:

Long old climb that one.

Should be able to fit in a shorter one tomorrow morning and then that will be me done as we're away to the Lakes for New Year.

Interesting route that avoids most of the busy main road towards the tunnel... clearly some knowledgeable local... didn't even know that road existed.

Had leg pain after the first hour... tried to shake it off going a bit deeper (that's when I was behind and I caught up), but didn't work, so I settled in the granny gear towards the col... a very long slog, probably too long on a trainer
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney said:

pblakeney said:

Struggled today. Wife has the cold lurgy and I am now wondering.... Good luck today!

Update - I figured out how to save favourites. Probably still won't do the Bernard though, especially so after reading these posts. 😉
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,309
    edited December 2022
    pblakeney said:

pblakeney said:

pblakeney said:

Update - I figured out how to save favourites. Probably still won't do the Bernard though, especially so after reading these posts. 😉
    Deffo don't bother if you are not doing the full list...
  • mrb123
    I would say for next year maybe choose routes that will be about 90 mins max and also try to stick to the AR ones where possible.
  • mrb123 said:

I would say for next year maybe choose routes that will be about 90 mins max and also try to stick to the AR ones where possible.

Yeah... I wanted to have a theme and I was surprised by how little I found. Maybe next year I broaden the theme... like "La Vuelta", without a specific year in mind, so I have a lot more options.
    Can you see the Angliru coming? :smile:
  • mrb123 said:

Long old climb that one.

Giau?

It's got AR and it's one of Pedalitaly routes, so should be good
  • mrb123

mrb123 said:

Long old climb that one.

Giau?

It's got AR and it's one of Pedalitaly routes, so should be good
    9am?

• OK
  • mrb123
    Seem to be coming down with a cold so will take it steady this morning - feel free to press on when we hit the climb.
  • mrb123
    Cheers Paolo - fantastic ride today. That really is a stunning route. I might have known you'd have a maglia rosa on!

My turn to spin up today.

Brought back some great memories of trips to that area. Those views of Civetta and Pelmo as you ride down the valley 😍😍😍
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    I think the app is 5hit. I can find routes through the links or on the website, I can add them to my favourites, but it's random as whether or not they actually show up in favourites in the app or whether they can be found in the app search.

Didn't think I'd have time for Giau, so set up Valparola last night. Can I hell actually find it today to ride it. Three other versions but not the one linked here. For the wasted time I could have just ridden the one I didn't have time for.
  • mrb123 said:

Cheers Paolo - fantastic ride today. That really is a stunning route. I might have known you'd have a maglia rosa on!

My turn to spin up today.

Brought back some great memories of trips to that area. Those views of Civetta and Pelmo as you ride down the valley 😍😍😍

Yeah, beautiful route. The jersey is Ciclamino, so the points one… I got it automatically the first time I did a Pedalitaly race last year.

• me-109 said:

I think the app is 5hit. I can find routes through the links or on the website, I can add them to my favourites, but it's random as whether or not they actually show up in favourites in the app or whether they can be found in the app search.

Didn't think I'd have time for Giau, so set up Valparola last night. Can I hell actually find it today to ride it. Three other versions but not the one linked here. For the wasted time I could have just ridden the one I didn't have time for.

Very odd… at the time I chose ROUVY over other apps because it did work well and was easy to use, so I am surprised it’s giving you grief
  • mrb123
    Search function has worked for me. Maybe different versions of the app?

I've been downloading the routes the night before and then you find them in settings > video.
  • That's me now completed my Col 5 - Monte Bondone ✅. Definitely one that I would like to add to my Most Do for Real Climbs. 🇮🇹🚴🇮🇹
  • Also managed to find a short Rouvy ride in Trento - which I used as a Warm Up ride this morning. Just search - Trento Cycleway.
  • jimmorris said:

That's me now completed my Col 5 - Monte Bondone ✅. Definitely one that I would like to add to my Most Do for Real Climbs. 🇮🇹🚴🇮🇹

I'll do the Bondone tomorrow
  • pblakeney
    edited December 2022
    Giau today. That completed the 3 Dolomites that I really wanted to do after doing them IRL in July. More importantly, completed my 30th consecutive Strava climbing challenge.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pblakeney said:

Giau today. That completed the 3 Dolomites that I really wanted to do after doing them IRL in July. More importantly, completed my 30th consecutive Strava climbing challenge.

Bondone tomorrow?
  • pblakeney

pblakeney said:

Bondone tomorrow?
    Possibly. Entirely depends on my wife's cold affected sleep pattern.
    Is it wrong of me to wish her an unsettled night? 🤣🤣🤣
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pblakeney said:

pblakeney said:

Bondone tomorrow?
    Possibly. Entirely depends on my wife's cold affected sleep pattern.
    Is it wrong of me to wish her an unsettled night? 🤣🤣🤣
    As long as you don't wish her not to wake up at all, it's all game...