Would you like to be taller?

13»

Comments

• What’s quite interesting is if you look at the stats for dating apps, if you’re a 5,6 man you won’t appear in 85% of women feeds due to height filters.

Whilst I don't doubt that many women on dating sites do filter via height, never had an issue with it myself, fortunately (never lied that I was taller either!).

I think if you are reasonably okay looking, come across as genuine and can crack a joke/hold a conversation, you tend to do alright on them.

Met my other half via a dating site years back so it worked well for this particular short bloke!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,157

What’s quite interesting is if you look at the stats for dating apps, if you’re a 5,6 man you won’t appear in 85% of women feeds due to height filters.

I filtered one once by women who would only date men who earned over $250k. Was genuinely interested in what sort of woman would set such a standard.

Careful. She may be one of my ex's*. Stated that I had to be earning $100k in the 80s within reasonable time span. Ditched her. One year later I was earning over $100k.

*I looked out of curiosity. Found her on FB. Single, no mention of partners or children.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,060

What’s quite interesting is if you look at the stats for dating apps, if you’re a 5,6 man you won’t appear in 85% of women feeds due to height filters.

Yeah I find that really odd - I mean who gives a **** how tall someone is?
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,391

A lot of woman seem to like men being taller than them. I just did a quick check on a calculator and the 85th percentile height for a 29 year old woman is pretty much 5’ 6”.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Pross said:

A lot of woman seem to like men being taller than them. I just did a quick check on a calculator and the 85th percentile height for a 29 year old woman is pretty much 5’ 6”.
    It becomes an issue when they wear 4” heels.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Pross said:

It is fun when the numbers all add up.
  • Move to Noomarket! Lots of people a lot smaller than me round here :)
  • It becomes an issue when they wear 4” heels.

This is definitely a thing. I have met women who admitted they won't date men they are taller than in heels, regardless of whether they are actually physically shorter than them without.
  • seanoconn said:

Elon Musk is 6ft 1.5", if anybody wants to know what the ideal height is.

This ^^ Elon is the next stage in evolution.
    Yes. It would be interesting to see the stats with regards heights and genius/greatness. Interestingly when I stand on tip toe to achieve 6ft 1.5" I do feel more intelligent. Most of my posts are conducted on tip toe.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,045

Slavica Ecclestone didn't seem to be too bothered about Bernie being short. Although this maybe takes us back to the attractions of money :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

It becomes an issue when they wear 4” heels.

This is definitely a thing. I have met women who admitted they won't date men they are taller than in heels, regardless of whether they are actually physically shorter than them without.
    The missus is 3 or 4 inches smaller than myself. However we go out somewhere when she’s wearing heels I usually get “ I’m sure you are shrinking “
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,060
    Luckily for her my eldest daughter doesn't seem to have a thing about men being taller than her in 4" heels - she's over 5'10" so it would cut the field down considerably. Her last boyfriend was shorter than her.

Do any of us have a thing about only dating women (I realise this may be hypothetical for most!) shorter than ourselves ? I mean I've never actually been in a relationship with a woman taller than me - couldn't say I had a height preference though.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,750

Pross said:

It is fun when the numbers all add up.
    Not sure they do. That would imply 15% of women are taller than 5'6" yet 85% want to date someone taller than that.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,045

Luckily for her my eldest daughter doesn't seem to have a thing about men being taller than her in 4" heels - she's over 5'10" so it would cut the field down considerably. Her last boyfriend was shorter than her.

Do any of us have a thing about only dating women (I realise this may be hypothetical for most!) shorter than ourselves ? I mean I've never actually been in a relationship with a woman taller than me - couldn't say I had a height preference though.

Never really bother me. I once went out with a girl who liked to wear 6" heels on an evening out, which had a few of its own practical issues when she was walking around. I pointed out that she was only taller than me when she was standing up :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]