tlw1 Posts: 22,069
    Hounds, toll road and overnight work snizzle
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,042
    A bit dull but spookily mild. No wind.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,042
    [i've looked around the forum and none of the usual BB suspects are there].
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Morning

Park and ride to WFW. Forecast said it would be chilly so put a baselayer on but regretted it.

Yoga later.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,044
    several degrees warmer than the forecast said, peeling off arm warmers after 15 mins

time for cafe stroll
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    seanoconn said:

Ethereal looking Richmond park this morning. Did a quick loop before work.

nice piccie! top work.

slmost expect Sherlock & John to come wandering around the corner.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    Bambini bambini'd, just about to have some cornflakes.

will zwift in a bit. may ride up a "mountain"
  • sungod said:

several degrees warmer than the forecast said, peeling off arm warmers after 15 mins

time for cafe stroll

I left my arm warmers on all the way in, I must be lacking in toughness and moral fibre.

Wfw, roll on retirement, if such a thing will ever come to pass. 7 more years school fees, then a potential 3-4 years university, all of which will deplete funds until I'm at least 59. Moan.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    edited September 2022
    seanoconn said:

Ethereal looking Richmond park this morning. Did a quick loop before work.

Lovely pic. It'll soon be time for the rut I think.

Not been that way for donkey's years. Must detour home that way before it gets too dark.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,608

sungod said:

time for cafe stroll

I left my arm warmers on all the way in, I must be lacking in toughness and moral fibre.

Wfw, roll on retirement, if such a thing will ever come to pass. 7 more years school fees, then a potential 3-4 years university, all of which will deplete funds until I'm at least 59. Moan.
    I’ve lost one arm warmer. Turned the house upside down looking for it. Bugs the hell out of me when I loose irritating Sh!t. £24 for a new pair 😤

I found my front bike light mount though 😃
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    MattFalle said:

A friend said if you do the Alpe 3 times you're guaranteed to get the best wheels as the bonus prize.
    I've won a pair of socks 4 times :neutral:

• Recovered after a few heavy days with some wine/beer/gin.
    Gym for the first time in a few weeks earlier, it almost finished me off.
    WFW and back on the diets lark.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn said:

sungod said:

time for cafe stroll

I’ve lost one arm warmer. Turned the house upside down looking for it. Bugs the hell out of me when I loose irritating Sh!t. £24 for a new pair 😤

I found a single arm warmer when I was getting my cooler weather kit out. It's a Castelli one with a yellow bit on the wrist. You're welcome to it if you want it.
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

A friend said if you do the Alpe 3 times you're guaranteed to get the best wheels as the bonus prize.

😀😀😀

mega.

i'm presuming that is 3 times in one sesh, yah?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,608

seanoconn said:

sungod said:

time for cafe stroll

I found a single arm warmer when I was getting my cooler weather kit out. It's a Castelli one with a yellow bit on the wrist. You're welcome to it if you want it.
    Very kind of you beans. I’ll have 3 soon so should be ok for a while.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    MattFalle said:

thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

😀😀😀

mega.

Err, yeah
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

😀😀😀

mega.

Err, yeah
    gravy - grazie. as soon as I work out how to find it i'll give it a bosh and see what happens.
  • thistle_
    MattFalle said:

thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

😀😀😀

mega.

Err, yeah
    gravy - grazie. as soon as I work out how to find it i'll give it a bosh and see what happens.
    Road to sky in watopia is the quickest way to get to it.
  • MattFalle
    mega sauce! will have a squiz
  • MattFalle
    Just a quick one - I seem to remember whn I first set up Zwift I had to put gear ratio snd tire size in....

I've replaced the Prince with the cx bike 700c and 53/39 to 700c and 50/36

Am i wrong in thinking that I put in gears originally or is there somewhere I gave to go to change them now?

thankyou!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,874
    Doesn't Zwift just use Watts? 🤔
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalle
    pblakeney said:

Doesn't Zwift just use Watts? 🤔

Don't know tbh😐

TDV set it all up because anything more than a crayon is beyond me.

I've managed to find the bit where I change weight setting but thats it.

Am probably imagining it all tbh.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,395
    Lots of meetings interspersed with occasional back pain. Have managed to do my swearing between meetings.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Two new scars today thanks to skin doc. He's "reasonably sure" one is a basal cell carcinoma off the shoulder, and is "fairly hopeful" the other is a harmless blotch on my leg. At this rate I will soon be able to play join the dots (moles/freckles) and dashes (scars) for an interesting diagram of some sort.

Means I am on limited movement for a few days till the holes heal up. Grrrr.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • MattFalle

Two new scars today thanks to skin doc. He's "reasonably sure" one is a basal cell carcinoma off the shoulder, and is "fairly hopeful" the other is a harmless blotch on my leg. At this rate I will soon be able to play join the dots (moles/freckles) and dashes (scars) for an interesting diagram of some sort.

chance to advertise all the bits for sale though and to start planning new acquitions.....

best all done whilst quaffing vino rosso.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

Lots of meetings interspersed with occasional back pain. Have managed to do my swearing between meetings.

you could try #wankingitout between meetings?
  • MattFalle said:

Two new scars today thanks to skin doc. He's "reasonably sure" one is a basal cell carcinoma off the shoulder, and is "fairly hopeful" the other is a harmless blotch on my leg. At this rate I will soon be able to play join the dots (moles/freckles) and dashes (scars) for an interesting diagram of some sort.

chance to advertise all the bits for sale though and to start planning new acquitions.....

best all done whilst quaffing vino rosso.
    Sold a couple of odds and ends already, but a bit surprised no bites on some of the stuff I've listed. Oh well, will keep trying.

Likely will put any cash raised towards something non-bike, seeing as I can't really ride the damned things any more. Another car is probable.

I'll keep:

- One roadie for trainer use mainly, with occasional attempts out on actual road.
    - One MTB hardtail 29'er with extra bling Uber-lightness
    - One MTB 29'er set up as a gravel trails thing with rigid fork, 45mm tyres
    - Other 29'er for Mr WS if he ever decides his balance is good enough to ride again. Strictly a bike paths kind of thing, very comfy. (Plus, it's pink, not the easiest MTB frame to sell. It's an On One Scandal from PlanetX many moons ago)

• MattFalle
    Congrats on sales and yeah, all sounds logical.

What car? Please say an old Fiat rally car. Please.
  • Really can't decide what to buy. Don't think I've ever seen an old Fiat rally car for sale here. A while back I did see a bloke driving an orange X1-9 that he'd refurbished. Had a chat... told him the car had belonged to the mother of a mate of mine at uni. We'd caned that car so hard round Tassie... and one of the silliest fun days was taking it to the police driver training course with a skid pan. Thing spun like a top at the slightest twitch... made us laugh till we threw up from the dizziness.

I think I either want a nice quick little coupe of some sort, or perhaps a luxo-barge to fiddle about with.