La Vuelta 2022 - Stage 15:- Martos - Sierra Nevada. Alto Hoya de la Mora. 153km ***Spoilers***

Comments

• Mas has actually attacked.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • This is another good finale
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,135
    The Ineos and UAE two ups are nearly back as the action starts in front.
  • Pross
    De la Cruz dropping Lopez and Mas. Mas and Lopez riding more like team mates than they did when team mates.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Ballsy moves
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Arensman passes Soler up front and looking good but still a long way (6km) left.
  • Pross
    Carapaz finishes his payback for the stage wins. UAE are riding a funny race.
  • mididoctors
    Primoz looks a bit nailed
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    edited September 2022
    Gaps are really odd. Ayuso then Rodriquez got dropped quite early but have stayed 20-30” throughout, Lopez then Mas attacked and got 30” quickly which has then stayed constant.
  • Pross
    UAE duo drop Rodriguez.
  • GC groups not climbing much quicker than the original breakaway
  • Pross

GC groups not climbing much quicker than the original breakaway

None of them have anything left. It looked promising earlier on the climb but now everyone is just holding station.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Rog!
  • Pross
    Remco losing ground but too little too late.
  • Roglic jumps, Evenepoel not reacting.
    Left it very late
  • This is fine for Evenepoel
  • mididoctors
    Too little too late
  • Pross
    Arensman takes it, funny old climb that.
  • 13 seconds gained/lost.
    Meh.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941
    15 seconds gap.
  • mididoctors
    15 secs ...not nothing I guess ...
  • Pross
    edited September 2022
    Mas takes second from Lopez with Vine holding on for 4th. Remco loses 15” to Roglic and 26” to Mas. Not much to show for it. Rodriguez looks like he’ll be the main loser, possibly dropping back to 5th.
  • Ayuso borrowed Almeida’s invisibility cloak to teleport past Evenepoel
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,954
    Great stage that!
    Even if ultimately nothing of note changed.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mididoctors
    After yesterday remco may feel ok with that
  • Pross

Think he got off lightly unless Roglic had been struggling until the final km. I was surprised Roglic didn’t go shortly after Mas.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941
    A rest day and then a couple of flat stages for Remco to recover a bit. He still has a decent size gap so Roglic can't rely on his usual last minute sprints for seconds.
  • Pross
    UAE could be putting pressure on here if they weren’t apparently auditioning to play Movistar in the next series of the Netflix documentary.
  • He's going to have to blow much worse on gradients much less harsh and only up to 1827m max over the next week to lose it now.
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Think he got off lightly unless Roglic had been struggling until the final km. I was surprised Roglic didn’t go shortly after Mas.
    If he had it he would have gone with mas