La Vuelta 2022 - Stage 6: Bilbao - Ascensión al Pico Jano. San Miguel de Aguayo 181km ***Spoilers***

124»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,135
    Great win for Vine, that's going to upset a few traditionalists. Remco drops Mas by a few bike lengths to take second. Very good stage that and Roglic really not looking great on a relatively modest MTF. Big group coming in about 1:40 down with most of the favourites.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Remco puts about 1:30 into roglic group
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    That looked hard
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Remco looks cold. Newbie 1 - Child Prodigy 0
  • Kirby didn’t have the foggiest :D
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Roglic worked hard ...taking responsibility
  • Pross
    Great advert for tourism in the area with these beautiful vista from the finish!
  • mididoctors
    Well my remco skepticism was incorrect
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,754
    Any idea who's in red?
  • Pross
    Carapaz lost quite a bit of time by the looks of it, left behind by 3 of his team. I guess that's what happens when you are heading for the exit.
  • mididoctors
    Remco about 1:20 on roglic group
  • kingstongraham

No wonder Mas takes a load of stick from Spanish fans.

When the guy's dropped literally everyone else, hanging on his wheel sounds like a good plan.
  • kingstongraham

Any idea who's in red?

Evenepoel by 21 seconds from Molard.
  • Jay Vine and zwift is the new Roglic was a ski jumper.

Chapeau though, good stage. Great ride from Evenepoel too. Rog suffering in bad weather again
  • kingstongraham

Jay Vine and zwift is the new Roglic was a ski jumper.

Can confirm this from French commentary as well.
  • mididoctors
    Can quick step bring it home .
  • mididoctors

No wonder Mas takes a load of stick from Spanish fans.

When the guy's dropped literally everyone else, hanging on his wheel sounds like a good plan.
    ☝️Wheel sucking works it's how you win bike races
  • mididoctors
    Jay vine hasn't been sitting on the rollers for 2 years and just entered racing today.... Not like he picked a easy indoor like day either.... The rain 🌧️ was on
  • Pross

Can quick step bring it home .

Tomorrow's big climb is probably too far from the finish but I think if JV and / or Ineos forced the pace on a climb like that Remco might struggle to hold and and I'm not sure what support he would have.
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 505
    Pross said:

Carapaz lost quite a bit of time by the looks of it, left behind by 3 of his team. I guess that's what happens when you are heading for the exit.</blockquote

Looks like he's left already with that performance.

• JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    If you've crossed the line in first but nobody could see you, did it really happen?
  • Pross
    Just had a nose at the PTP thread as I haven’t been playing this year. Fair play to the person who picked Jay Vine, I could have had 50 picks and not gone for him!
  • ducknumber1
    ducknumber1 Posts: 1,172
    edited August 2022
    Pross said:

Just had a nose at the PTP thread as I haven’t been playing this year. Fair play to the person who picked Jay Vine, I could have had 50 picks and not gone for him!

Hope PTP spoilers are ok ;) - two pickers in @FCE2007 & @orraloon
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 559
    Amazed to see that Hagen who crashed pretty hard actually finished the stage.
    Looks like Sam Bennett was too late for the podium.
    All spectators today should have been given rewards for dedication!
    Some of the road surfaces were appalling.
  • bm5 said:

If he hadn't managed to eventually climb back onto his bike, Ethan Hayter would have been the last man home. He came in on his lonesome too....
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross

bm5 said:

If he hadn't managed to eventually climb back onto his bike, Ethan Hayter would have been the last man home. He came in on his lonesome too....
    That surprises me, I thought he was a decent climber on that sort of terrain. Did he have a crash or some sort of issue?
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    Been pondering the stage. I'm quite confident that Roglic could have lost 2-3 min. if QS had been stronger. Masnada wasn't really able to push the pace sufficiently. They needed someone like a prime Richie Porte or Damiano Caruso additionally.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023