Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    WvA was mega on the last climb rather than Thomas being rubbish
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,815
    G blew up big time.
    Pog faster
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • bianchi_dave
    bianchi_dave Posts: 847
    Pog goes prov 2nd
    Scott Addict RC
    Scott Foil Premium
    Trek Emonda Disc
    Scott Solace 10
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,328
    Just back from an underwear change. Good ride G, unlucky
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,203
    Staggering, best TDF Rider WvA.
  • bianchi_dave
    WvA takes it
    Scott Addict RC
    Scott Foil Premium
    Trek Emonda Disc
    Scott Solace 10
  • bianchi_dave
    Jonas 2nd, Pog 3rd, G 4th
    Scott Addict RC
    Scott Foil Premium
    Trek Emonda Disc
    Scott Solace 10
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,864
    He came so close to stacking that
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Too bad for Thomas - at least he beat the World Champ for bragging rights on the team bus.
  • Jonas 2nd, Pog 3rd, G 4th

It's this Tour's HAM, BOT, VER
  • rick_chasey
    Baller top 5
  • mididoctors
    Tight race
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mrfpb
    Fred Wright a very respectable 8th.
  • blazing_saddles
    Sepp Kuss to win the Champs Elysees sprint tomorrow.
  • rick_chasey
    If Wout goes on a Thomas diet he can be a legit GC contender
  • 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408
    edited July 2022
    So boring, I lost interest in this tour, did Wout win a Mountain stage again to complete the treble of sprint, TT and Mountain, or does he have to settle for 3rd on a HC climb. He's weightless on climbs. Interesting. He'll win in green tomorrow.
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,203

TDF real winner.
  • mididoctors

If Wout goes on a Thomas diet he can be a legit GC contender

It would be a shame ...
  • mrfpb
    What are the chances of Jonas being lead-out man for WvA tomorrow?
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,328
    Jonas gifted it 😱
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • zest28
    zest28 Posts: 403
    edited July 2022
    Egan Bernal might as well retire now.

The climber of TJV (58kg Jonas) is a top tier ITT also. Bernal can do nothing against that.

Looks like Pogacar is not the one people should be worrying about anymore, it is the TJV guys and most of them are insane by themselves.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    edited July 2022
    Gcn panel just reminding us of the TJV stage 20 horror in 2020 when Pog took the win from Dumoulin and tour from Roglic.
  • blazing_saddles
    Sepp Kuss to win the Champs Elysees sprint tomorrow.

Jonas gifted it 😱

Considering he came very close to not making Paris on that decent, it would have been silly to keep pushing after such a scare.
  • zest28
    zest28 Posts: 403
    edited July 2022
    The only reason why TJV didn't win all jerseys is because Jonas is a few days too old, which is funny. Else TJV would have won all jerseys.

So now to win the green jersey, you need to win ITT's and be a contender for the mountain stages thanks to TJV. That is also quite funny.

These TJV guys (not just as a team, but individually also) are on a whole other level.

It makes me wonder when TJV will turn WvA into a GC. He is top tier in everything basically. Even at his current 78kg weight, he is a top tier climber.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,692
    zest28 said:

Even at his current 78kg weight, he is a top tier climber.

Nah, he's a 2nd division climber, he's not suited to the bigger and high altitude climbs. He did good work on the Hautacam stage but would not win such. Otherwise and overall he is one of the best, of all time?
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,907
    orraloon said:

zest28 said:

Even at his current 78kg weight, he is a top tier climber.

Nah, he's a 2nd division climber, he's not suited to the bigger and high altitude climbs. He did good work on the Hautacam stage but would not win such. Otherwise and overall he is one of the best, of all time?
    Seems like he could do a Jalabert 1995 without breaking sweat.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Bit of an anticlimax I guess, but then maybe that's a good thing. Televised Admin when you know who the winner is is a bit...meh.

Still, Well done Jonas! Well done Wout

(FYI - one of the podcasts mentioned that Ganna was supposed to be doing the hour record soon but it had been quietly rescheduled for later. It seems like he's in a bit of a slump at the mo.)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    There seems to be some controversy on Cycling Journalist twitter over this disclosure

Never heard of the guy to be honest

“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • blazing_saddles

There seems to be some controversy on Cycling Journalist twitter over this disclosure

Never heard of the guy to be honest

I had a little peep over in the Clinic and I see there's quite a bit on this twitter exchange.
    Something to do with asking riders for their weight without telling them that he was working with Jumbo, as far as I can tell.
    Claims he remains impartial, but having said their nothing to see in any of the Jumbo performances, he then posted a tweet about UAE's Brandon McNulty's performance in breaking that 1997 record, which caused a stir.

I think it's since been deleted.