TDF 2022:- Stage 15: Rodez - Carcassonne 202.5km. ***Spoilers***

123457»

Comments

• andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,819
    r0bh said:
    Pidcock? Who he what was going to be out after stage 8 ‘cos he’s bland and out of his depth? Looks like he has a body double (who’s better than him) currently holding 9th o/a.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    andyrr said:

Pidcock? Who he what was going to be out after stage 8 ‘cos he’s bland and out of his depth? Looks like he has a body double (who’s better than him) currently holding 9th o/a.

Was he out of his depth in the fountain?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,736
    Pross said:

I don't think Geraint or Yates have got an attack in them. All they've managed so far is to limit their losses when it kicks off and hope the other two slow down after knocking lumps out of each other.

Maybe the youngsters will run themselves out but I don't see it. Then again I didn't see Pog blowing up the other day either.

Yes I'm not convinced we are going to see fireworks from Ineos but that said they did promise a more attacking style of racing so maybe I'm being unduly pessimistic.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099

Pross said:

I really don't know how they can race in this heat. I did a gentle jog this morning with the last half being in the mid 20s and I'm in full on siesta mode now. I reckon I could manage 20-30 miles tops in that heat at a gentle potter

I did 105k through Somerset yesterday and it was Too Hot. Touched 30 at some points - it gets really hot on open road. Climbs were horrid. Came back on the Bath to Bristol bike path which was nice and shady though.

I then went to a cider festival and drank a lot of scrumpy which definitively helped.

Didn't get up early enough to beat the heat this morning so just sat in my parents living room watching the cycling and listening the cricket...
    Mmmm. Scrumpy. One of the very few things I miss about the UK.

It's very rare to do a ride in this neck of the woods where the temperature doesn't get to above 30 degrees. Once acclimatised, it's not really a problem, but it can take up to a month, time that the riders don't have.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,036
    Pross said:

I know the Morkov thing is the type of legendary ride cycling fans love but was there really any sense in him putting himself through that / others putting him through that when it looked a dead cert with over 100km to go that he wasn't going to make the cut. It really doesn't feel like looking after rider welfare.

riders prefer to ride if they can rather than sit in the broom wagon or DS' car where they may have to listen to comments on their performance

BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme