TDF 2022:- Stage 15: Rodez - Carcassonne 202.5km. ***Spoilers***

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,215

Morkov is dropped and hanging in front of the broom wagon

He's been there more or less since the flag dropped. They even had a ticker on him. Over 20 minutes behind last I saw with well over 100km to go at that point. Feels irresponsible leaving him there as I assume he must be ill already and is almost certainly going to finish OTL even with the increased coefficient. Race is only going to speed up, especially as the break looks likely to be caught early.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    Oh dear
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Peloton piano
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,235
    **very** slow
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    edited July 2022
    Pross said:

He's been there more or less since the flag dropped. They even had a ticker on him. Over 20 minutes behind last I saw with well over 100km to go at that point. Feels irresponsible leaving him there as I assume he must be ill already and is almost certainly going to finish OTL even with the increased coefficient. Race is only going to speed up, especially as the break looks likely to be caught early.

He's currently 25 minutes behind and the time cut will be around 43 minutes
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    edited July 2022
    Pross said:

They still have Morkov on the TdF race center graphic. 25' 31" as I type
  • mididoctors
    This is going to kick off
    RichN95. said:

Pross said:

He's currently 25 minutes behind and the time cut will be around 36 minutes
    The cut is set at 20% today for hot weather protocol
  • Pross
    The slow down may help him but they're only just over half distance and there's the combination of the race picking up and some lumpy roads to come.

My colleague is out on one of the KoM points
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

Yes obviously I was talking about managing performance, duh

should be clearer then, duh.

and its undoubtedly more complicated than that as thy'll be looking at physiology, current numbers, past numbers, illnessss, any meds, etc, etc.

plus the only thing that matters - how the bod feels.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • neonriver
    neonriver Posts: 228
    MattFalle said:

Yes obviously I was talking about managing performance, duh

should be clearer then, duh.

and its undoubtedly more complicated than that as thy'll be looking at physiology, current numbers, past numbers, illnessss, any meds, etc, etc.

plus the only thing that matters - how the bod feels.
    Was pretty clear to me what Rick meant
  • rick_chasey
    Well that’s the point. In the heat an effort that feels ok can put you over the edge as you can’t recover in the same way.
  • RichN95.

The cut is set at 20% today for hot weather protocol

Good point. Around 54 minutes then. He's about 29 minutes down with 81km to go
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196

Well that’s the point. In the heat an effort that feels ok can put you over the edge as you can’t recover in the same way.

I personally find if I'm doing hard efforts in the heat (either turbo or outside in the summer) after a certain point HR will stop coming back down and just stays high. Doesn't actually need to be that hot for that, is more about ability to shed heat - hence why the turbo is bad.
  • rick_chasey

I personally find if I'm doing hard efforts in the heat (either turbo or outside in the summer) after a certain point HR will stop coming back down and just stays high. Doesn't actually need to be that hot for that, is more about ability to shed heat - hence why the turbo is bad.
    Yup
  • rick_chasey
    Doull on the ground
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,130
    The running repairs from the medic car still astound me after all these years.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    Very long collarbone gone
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,876
    Kruisjweik (sp) down and possibly out. WvA down but OK
    Fulsang too?
  • Pross
    Not a good day for JV
  • RichN95.
    edited July 2022
    Jumbo looking a lot less strong for the final week. Kuss the only climbing domestique left
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dynamic in the mountains will change again, so bad for the individuals, but good for the GC battle.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    Kruiswijk is out
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rick_chasey
    Fell asleep and next I know Kruiswijk is going in the back of an ambulance.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,834
    edited July 2022
    Looked like protest hindered the breakaway a bit, their lead now down to 55secs.

Oof, more Jumbos down!
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Dorset_Boy
    Now Benoit and Jonas down.
  • kingstongraham
    Losing rog and kruiswijk, and benoot looking injured isn't great.
  • Benoot and Jonas chute. Rough day for Jumbo
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    Noooooooo!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • RichN95.
    edited July 2022
    Vingegaard down with Benoot. He's back up. This is like an Agatha Christie novel for Jumbo
  • kingstongraham
    Bet they wish roglic was riding now.