TDF 2022:- Stage 5: Lille Métropole – Arenberg Porte du Hainaut, 153.7kms ***Spoilers***

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Commissar being pretty lenient
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Back in but hard to move up
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Good having car 1 in the convoy
  • Jtomesgreen
    Jtomesgreen Posts: 190
    Doesn't seem to be rushing to get back to the sharp end, in the cheap seats chatting to the coathanger
  • mididoctors
    Ineos ready ..locked and loaded
  • Jtomesgreen
    That really is a treat - Kirby substituted out before the actual action begins
  • mididoctors
    Hard to feed
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,534
    Geraint having a wazz at the front of the peloton, steadied by Rowe 😅
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,701
    Unfortunately Kirby off comms now probably means he will be back to add his unique brand of hysteria to the finish.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    UAE move up
  • mididoctors
    This looks dangerous
  • mididoctors
    Tail wind
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,756
    2k to the first sector
  • mididoctors
    Jumbo trying to split it
  • mididoctors
    Pog on his own pretty much
  • Jtomesgreen
    Here we gooo
  • JEBUS!!!!
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,701
    Sagan down
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • kingstongraham
    Wva just made up about 40 places when everyone else slowed at the corner before the first sector
  • Jtomesgreen
    The idea of the sprint into the first cobbled sector really puts the willies up me
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Sagan slides out on the corner to the entry, back on but at the back
  • mididoctors
    Sagen slides out
  • johnboy183
    johnboy183 Posts: 832
    So what has made this stretch of cobbles dangerous enough to reroute and come in the opposite direction?
  • Jtomesgreen
    Bettiol getting dragged by McEwen for lining it out for the full sector, with two riders in the break
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Mads P attacks to follow Bauer
  • kingstongraham

Bettiol getting dragged by McEwen for lining it out for the full sector, with two riders in the break

They went into the sector with the break having a 3:09 lead, and came out with a 3:09 lead. Solid work by Bettiol.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Could see the GC boys weren't interested today
    QS come to the front
  • mididoctors
    Pog

They went into the sector with the break having a 3:09 lead, and came out with a 3:09 lead. Solid work by Bettiol.
    This ☝️
  • mididoctors
    Martinez mechanical
  • mididoctors
    Jumbo need WvA to split it