TDF 2022:- Stage 5: Lille Métropole – Arenberg Porte du Hainaut, 153.7kms ***Spoilers***

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,700
    MvDP sounded rather depressed in this morning's interview.
    Claims he couldn't follow yesterday, knows that something is wrong, but doesn't know why he doesn't have the legs.

Giro fatigue?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,954

Claims he couldn't follow yesterday, knows that something is wrong, but doesn't know why he doesn't have the legs.

Giro fatigue?

Possibly.
    Possibly a bluff too.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790

I'm surprised at Thomas doing that.

Tawdry and frankly exploitative. Not a good look
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

Giro fatigue?

Or a bluff ... Guess we are going to find out
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,700
    Sagan dropped in the neutral zone. :p
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Jtomesgreen
    Jtomesgreen Posts: 190
    Oooh if there was ever a stage to work from home.. and absolutely crush the morning's workload, it is today
  • mididoctors
    I avoided mvdp as a pick because of the possibility he is just knackered from the giro....but could easily be a ruse
  • Jtomesgreen

I avoided mvdp as a pick because of the possibility he is just knackered from the giro....but could easily be a ruse

Ditto, very surprised that he was the bookies favourite this morning, I don't think subtlety is in his playbook but happy to be proved wrong
  • Imlach on ITV: "if ever there was a day to hand in your resignation..."
  • mididoctors
    edited July 2022

Ditto, very surprised that he was the bookies favourite this morning, I don't think subtlety is in his playbook but happy to be proved wrong
    Yeah I hope I am wrong too ...be great to see him add his performance to this slow burning tour. His TT was pretty decent ..you think he has something . That said his giro "everyday all in" is perhaps not the best tour prep
  • mididoctors

Imlach on ITV: "if ever there was a day to hand in your resignation..."

Imlach is under rated
  • mididoctors
    Don't swear Bradley
  • Jtomesgreen

Don't swear Bradley

He's been an entertaining watch so far this tour.. noticed today and yesterday that his observations seem to be at odds with what everyone else is saying though
  • Jtomesgreen
    First cobbled sector is only at 26km in - I don't think there'll be a break today unless one goes within the first couple of KM
  • mididoctors

Don't swear Bradley

He's been an entertaining watch so far this tour.. noticed today and yesterday that his observations seem to be at odds with what everyone else is saying though
    Entertaining more than enlightening.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    You know that feeling when we came out of lockdown and social interaction was almost crippling? Well imagine how Magnus Cort feels out front with two riders...
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,754

First cobbled sector is only at 26km in - I don't think there'll be a break today unless one goes within the first couple of KM

First sector is at about 80km isn't it?
  • Jtomesgreen

Apologies that's me misreading the map completely
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,754
    This is on.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,533
    The 2nd group bridging to them is about 15 strong and has Uran in it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Jtomesgreen

This is on.

Like Donkey Kong - Can't see even the front half of the bunch from the back, absolutely lined out
  • mididoctors
    Sneaky ef move
  • mididoctors
    edited July 2022

Apologies that's me misreading the map completely
    Happens to us all
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,025
    I've also always wanted a finish line at the end of a pier so rid

RichN95. said:

Geraint Thomas has started selling NFTs so if he gets a puncture it will be deserved.

Considering how positive the responses to his tweets are normally, it's notable that there have been 80 replies so far to this announcement, and the least negative is "The first time I actually hope someone has been hacked..."

I don't even know what they are - some kind of digital art or something ? I don't really get it and I'm not sure I want to. Things like this and bitcoin make me realise I'd hate the future.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    The big chasing group dropped back, there's a trio with Powless trying to bridge.
    Meanwhile Max Walscheid takes a quick tarmac snack and bike change
  • No_Ta_Doctor

I've also always wanted a finish line at the end of a pier so rid

RichN95. said:

Geraint Thomas has started selling NFTs so if he gets a puncture it will be deserved.

Considering how positive the responses to his tweets are normally, it's notable that there have been 80 replies so far to this announcement, and the least negative is "The first time I actually hope someone has been hacked..."

I don't even know what they are - some kind of digital art or something ? I don't really get it and I'm not sure I want to. Things like this and bitcoin make me realise I'd hate the future.
    It's like bitcoin for crappy gifs. Given you have to burn a rainforest down to create them, we probably won't even get to the future you think you'd hate
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    If successive days' breaks contain one rider, one rider, two riders, then three riders...

... Is that a Fibianchi sequence?
  • mididoctors
    It's fast