2022 Critérium du Dauphiné, June 5 - 12 ***Spoilers***

1235»

Comments

• Rog made a better job of the photo op than in PN

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,860
    The breakaway stages were interesting .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Well this has given me a little hope that there may actually be a GC battle in July...

Even if it's just a skirmish.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    edited June 2022
    gsk82 said:

I reckon Roglic is the kind of person who'll let his team mate win but make sure everyone knows he's let him win.

He pretty much did that. The best thing to do would be to let him go 10-20 metres ahead so he can have some nice photos to himself (it's his biggest win so far)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver
    In fairness to Rog I suspect there were some people in his ear thinking of the photo in Jumbo & Visma head offices
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    Podium Child for Jonas...
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    ddraver said:

Podium Child for Jonas...

I don't think that's an appropriate prize.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,776
    Personal opinion which I dare say has been mentioned before...
    I think there should be a rule against team jerseys being similar to category leader jerseys.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,327
    RichN95. said:

gsk82 said:

I reckon Roglic is the kind of person who'll let his team mate win but make sure everyone knows he's let him win.

He pretty much did that. The best thing to do would be to let him go 10-20 metres ahead so he can have some nice photos to himself (it's his biggest win so far)
    It's OK, Jonas had already shown he could drop him 😅
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,042
    Jumbo-Postal !
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Just managed to cast it all in my airport hotel room.
    Jumbo taking the Micky.
    Kruiser strolling in just over a minute down after getting rid of everyone bar Ben O’Connor.
    Can’t remember Sky ever being quite that dominant.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,622

1 Bradley Wiggins (GBR) Team Sky 26h 40' 46"
    2 Michael Rogers (AUS) Team Sky + 1' 17"
    3 Cadel Evans (AUS) BMC Racing Team + 1' 26"
    4 Chris Froome (GBR) Team Sky + 1' 45"
    5 Jurgen Van den Broeck (BEL) Lotto–Belisol + 2' 12"
    6 Vasil Kiryienka (BLR) Movistar Team + 2' 58"
    7 Janez Brajkovič (SLO) Astana + 3' 07"
    8 Wilco Kelderman (NED) Jersey white.svg Rabobank + 3' 26"
    9 Richie Porte (AUS) Team Sky + 3' 34"
    10 Haimar Zubeldia (ESP) RadioShack–Nissan + 3' 50"
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,342
    edited June 2022
    The mind games for the Tour have started. Vingegaard trying to get UAE and Pogacar to buy in in him being a real threat for GC to chase his attacks to allow Roglic to counter (200 m from the finish 😜).
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • ddraver
    ^^Number 10 is the proper nostalgia hit there...
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    edited June 2022
    m.r.m. said:

The mind games for the Tour have started. Vingegaard trying to get UAE and Pogacar to buy in in him being a real threat for GC to chase his attacks to allow Roglic to counter (200 m from the finish 😜).

The problem with that is Pogacar would most likely counter attack and all Roglic is left with for support is a sub-prime Vingegaard. Regardless of tactics, at the Tour the best rider generally wins (more than in any other race)

As has been implied earlier in the thread, there was a bit of a Wiggins-Froome style dynamic today
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,342
    Yeah I agree. I was referring to Vingegaard stating he "has a good chance of winning the Tour de France" according to cyclingnews.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 530
    Pity Esteban didn't take a few more seconds and get 5th. He needs to lose the silly EF hat as well.
  • mididoctors
    ddraver said:

^^Number 10 is the proper nostalgia hit there...

Bilbao is the zubeldia
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,327
    Vingegaard is a genuine threat. Decent TT and climbs with the best. Looks to be in very good form (they murdered that last climb) and will be protected this Tour (last year he was giving Roglic his bike and losing time waiting for his captain). Still the only rider we've seen convincingly drop Pogacar on a climb.

If they play the double leader cards right they can certainly create some pressure. Might not be enough, but no rider is unbeatable over 3 weeks
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format