Giro 2022 - Stage 15: Rivarolo Canavese – Cogne 177 km ***Spoilers***

Comments

• DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,100
    edited May 2022
    Wrong Dutchman for DSM.

Edit : Or not.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,864
    Mvdp is climbing well
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    MvdP is soooo lush.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • mididoctors
    Strain 17.5
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • MattFalle

MvdP is soooo lush.
  • mididoctors
    Carthy don't look too fresh
  • mididoctors
    Ouch
  • mididoctors
    Interesting
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    edited May 2022
    Just missed a bit - what happened to MVdP he was at the front when I last looked
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • mididoctors
    Come on Hugh
  • mididoctors
    Martin's hair style is questionable
  • MattFalle

Just missed a bit - what happened to MVdP he was at the front when I last looked

He decided he had better things to do than pander the the cycling MSM.
  • mididoctors
    edited May 2022

Been an active race on the climb ... Ciccone dictating the pace at the front .. Hugh bridged
  • mididoctors
    Martin needs to up his descending game for his yo yo GC top ten stratergy
  • mididoctors
    19.2! Strain
  • mididoctors
    Hugh's riding style makes him look like he is on the wrong sized bike
  • mididoctors
    Go on hugh
  • mididoctors
    Lol
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,815

Go on hugh

He’s gone. :p
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Trying to remember if I drove a minibus up here once,

It basically becomes a goat track up to a rifugio on the Tour de Gran Paradiso. Was quite an experience...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    Impressive by Ciccione
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • MattFalle

Go on hugh

He’s gone. :p
    I thought he was going to die earlier when trying to ride at the front.

Either that or his sunnies/helmet combo were eating his head.
  • MattFalle
    Ciccone is just bombing along
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    I do not understand why they don't make Normal people Gilets for the soigneurs...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,815
    False flat climbs are the pits for stage finales.

Fair play to Guillaume Martin. What looked like a bonkers attack might actually gain him a minute or so,
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Active stage for the win. Got the feeling a GC opportunity was missed but easier said than done
  • mididoctors
    It was a decent stage tbh
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157

Active stage for the win. Got the feeling a GC opportunity was missed but easier said than done

The last climb, while long, was only about 5%. It would have taken a lot of resources to try to fashion an opportunity. After yesterday the top riders were satisfied to take their gains to the rest day. It was only really an opportunity for the Martin types who were mostly off the radar.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,932
    To no real surprise everyone made the time cut (+49:59) without issue. Cav et al coming in 38:31 behind
  • mididoctors
    RichN95. said:

The last climb, while long, was only about 5%. It would have taken a lot of resources to try to fashion an opportunity. After yesterday the top riders were satisfied to take their gains to the rest day. It was only really an opportunity for the Martin types who were mostly off the radar.
    They needed to go the first climb