Giro 2022 - Stage 9: Isernia – Blockhaus 189 km ***Spoilers***

Comments

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,384
    Yates gone
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941
    Yates out the back. Didn't expect that so early.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,700
    Simon shocker
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Out the back that is at over 11 kms to go
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,137
    Getting his traditional bad day out of the way early.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Noooooooooooo!
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,754
    Yates had a total mare the other week when it was a hot day, didn't he?
  • mididoctors
    Well bardet will be promoted in everyone's estimations I guess
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Kelderman gone
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    This giro is Richie Porte's to lose (or give away)
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Pross
    Only going tempo and not particularly steep so it's a real shocker.
  • mididoctors
    Lopez still there just
  • mididoctors
    Come on valverde
  • Pross
    Yates not losing huge time.
  • mididoctors
    Bouwman sliding out the back
  • mididoctors
    18.5 on the strain gauge ...say no more
  • mididoctors
    Come on Yates use a big gear
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Yates is holding the gap, he's not exploded completely
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,754
    Pross said:

Yates not losing huge time.

They haven't started going properly yet.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Oomen gone
    Carthy struggling
  • mididoctors
    Hugh carthy maybe at 18.6 on the strain gauge now
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,700
    Lopez taken out by Valverde
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Lopez dropping
  • mididoctors
    Lopez touched a wheel?
  • Pross
    Had to stop for some reason.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Carpark, Landa & Bardet seem to be the main ones left
  • Pross
    Someone had an issue two in front causing a touch of wheels with the rider behind and forcing him to stop. He might get back.
  • mididoctors
    Hell of a climb
  • mididoctors
    Not a lot left now
  • mididoctors
    Nibali cricked neck