alan_a Posts: 1,581
    kom 3 suie

63 Stephen Bassett 6
    81 Jacob Scott 5
    85 Matthew Teggart 4
    61 Matt Gibson 3
    113 Martyn Urianstad 2
    2 Ndret amador 1
  • That descent off the back of suie hill is great fun. Also glorious ride up if the weather is nice. Fantastic views.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,382

That descent off the back of suie hill is great fun. Also glorious ride up on the one day a year the weather is nice. Fantastic views.

Fixed it for you.

• flite
    flite Posts: 225
    Does anyone know how to change this to a spoiler thread?
  • These are the roads I spent the whole of lockdown riding.

I got married at the chapel of garioch, the sharpish left before first sprint. Done suei hill a few times too. Fantastic hill in both directions.

Ah! Glorious roads indeed. I’m a bit further south nr Tarland - such a shame with the weather today as it’s a stunning landscape when the sun shines. Still, great cycling country and you may see one or two cars an hour of you’re lucky !!
  • That descent off the back of suie hill is great fun. Also glorious ride up on the one day a year the weather is nice. Fantastic views.

Fixed it for you.

The weather was incredible in the spring of 2020. Unreal.

Went up first week of August and again - sublime.
  • That descent off the back of suie hill is great fun. Also glorious ride up on the one day a year the weather is nice. Fantastic views.

Fixed it for you.

Funnily enough, this area is actually quite a dry and sunny area compared to the west. Been an pretty decent year, if not quite as hot as the crowded south :)
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,954
    flite said:

Don't click on it. Sorted.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,135
    flite said:

It has to be done by the person who created the thread. It’s why I posted the result in the shit small races thread.

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,700
    edited September 2022
    So, in terms of most vertical metres climbed and that the finish was slightly uphill, today is what passes for a Queen stage in this edition of the ToB: a fifty rider, fifty percent of the peloton, bunch sprint.
    Why to the organisers continue to ignore routes such as we've had in the Tour de Yorkshire and make the viewing...........you know............exciting?
    Instead we get 8 days of the whole of Ineos sitting on the front.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    edited September 2022

So, in terms of most vertical metres climbed and that the finish was slightly uphill, today is what passes for a Queen stage in this edition of the ToB: a fifty rider, fifty percent of the peloton, bunch sprint.
    Why to the organisers continue to ignore routes such as we've had in the Tour de Yorkshire and make the viewing...........you know............exciting?

Cos it's a shit little race. Which is a real shame cos a few years ago it was quite interesting.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941

Has the race ever been up Bealach na Ba? I think I'm right in saying it never has, which considering it's widely regarded as the best climb in Britain seems a bit of a waste. Or just as the Giro did the whole Maratona route one year, maybe they could do the Fred course in its entirety.
  • pblakeney
    edited September 2022
    phreak said:

Has the race ever been up Bealach na Ba? I think I'm right in saying it never has, which considering it's widely regarded as the best climb in Britain seems a bit of a waste. Or just as the Giro did the whole Maratona route one year, maybe they could do the Fred course in its entirety.
    Bealach Mor is a route I have fancied doing. Would be good if they could incorporate that.
    Having done the NW500 by car the Bealach may be the headline but the rest is no picnic.

http://www.handsonevents.co.uk/bealach-mor/bealach-mor-route/
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • phreak said:

It hasn't ever been up B-na-B and, sadly, it's very unlikely to. These races follow the money and the last thing Applecross courts at the moment is more tourists.

It would be great to see what the world's best (other than those at the Vuelta, or too tired after other commitments) cyclists made of it.
    ================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • Thanks to the hell that's been created by the NC500, the BnB road is falling apart (amongst many other roads). The last thing they need is a bike race and all that comes with it - which is a shame.
  • pblakeney

Thanks to the hell that's been created by the NC500, the BnB road is falling apart (amongst many other roads). The last thing they need is a bike race and all that comes with it - which is a shame.

😭🤬😭
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pblakeney
    edited September 2022
    Moved.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pblakeney
    Veronese68 wrote: