Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Well my top five
    MF I’m perfect
    MF the slightly knobby one
    MF I ‘m ever so slightly flawed.
    MF the wounded hero one.
    MF is it possible I might change my mind one.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,905

Yes, would be interested to hear the workings for how anyone can enjoy watching Roglic.

He did at least attack from further out in the Vuelta, albeit in large part due to having to mark Bernal.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    MattFalle calling riders boring personalities is like me calling riders fat.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,131
    Hmm, is this the same Pidcock who in this calendar year has won Elite World Cups in CX & MTB XCO, plus the Olympic MTB, Brabantse Pijl, and gone close in Amstel?

Only one other male rider has done something similar, and that was MvdP in 2019; who actually won Amstel, and instead of the Olympics, won the European XCO title.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited December 2021
    that as maybe, he's still dull as custard

nigel mansell won a shed load of stuff but you wouldn't want to hang out with him either.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,337
    edited December 2021
    Compared to MvdP and Pogacar everyone else is rather bland to watch (although Alaphilippe at Worlds was incredible). 😉

MvdP loses just enough that it is always high drama when he doesn't win.
    Pogacar just yolo attacking from far out on a climb is just ludicrous fun.

Cav at the Tour was good fun too.

So,
    1. MvdP
    2. MvdP
    3. MvdP
    4. Pogacar
    5. Cav
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,542
    What not WvA? Workings, please?!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147

There has been a criticism against him that he’s not a particularly proactive rider. He tends to wait for others to make a move and follow. It’s not something that bothers me, but maybe it does for others.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,542
    Wouldn’t say his Ventoux stage was that but take your point - he has a decent sprint on him after all.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,554

No marks available for domestique duties in my system, and doesn't seem to rip races apart like MvdP.
  • m.r.m.
    I think WVA is a great rider already and a tremendous talent, but I don't find him all that enjoyable to watch. He pretty much brute forces everything. While that is the case for most strong cyclists, it's his only mode. At the same time he doesn't really risk much in races despite having the TT engine.
  • m.r.m.
    If the supertuck wasn't banned, I'd have Mohoric at the bottom of the list of 5. If you follow Brian Safa's YouTube channel, you know watching a true master descending is a scintillating watch. Mohoric is the best in the world imho.
  • m.r.m.
    edited December 2021

Wouldn’t say his Ventoux stage was that but take your point - he has a decent sprint on him after all.

Winning GT stages is different. There is no downside to trying. The disappointment of getting caught isn't so large since you get other chances down the line; especially when you have that level of talent (it's not a once in a lifetime opportunity).
  • m.r.m.
    Since I'm on a posting roll check out these two descending videos. I really enjoyed them!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC0n7kPvAKY&list=LL&index=25
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJSpgRIVw78&list=LL&index=1
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,671
    Back on the lack of love for Pidcock theme, he's on the latest episode of the Geraint Thomas Cycling Club podcast. Comes across as young (he is) and pretty keen on winning road races in the future. Worth a listen MF.