friday watching the pineapple quadrille

124»

Comments

• tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    johngti said:

Gotcha. It was always alcohol when I grew up in the sticks. Suspect there was other stuff around but I didn’t move in those circles so never even saw it. E became a thing when I was at uni but at that stage in my life I was a born again god botherer so took no part in it. Living in Liverpool at the time and needing to walk through toxteth daily, I was very aware of the problems associated with smack etc but never saw any of the “fun” parts.

I never feel like I missed out on stuff though.

God botherer and Toxteth doesn't seem to fit.

• That's really tedious Spinner. You're right about the paint job. I once worked at a Renault dealer and they had to completely respray a pearlescent Alpine GTA as a mechanic had scratched the bumper. Medical services here can be like that but it's not money oriented, at least not yet.

I’ve already let them know I will be *extremely* picky about the finished result. One reason I bought this particular car is that it was cosmetically mint. One wing mirror scratch, a single tiny parking lot ding and that was it - original and unmarked paint. Not even stone chips in the front apron - I suspect it was almost never driven out of the local burbs. 10 years old and 62,000 km…

Will see.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,423
    Oh yes! Plenty of pics of him “driving the porcelain bus” :D all safely backed up in the Cloud.
    I shouldn’t have had that coffee at 11:55pm as when I finally got him to bed it was 2am and I was wide awake! Half a Zopiclone at 2:30am but it still woke up at 5:15. Feeling more disappointed with him than angry. Too tired for that. He’s feeling right as rain and wants to go off for a bike ride! Yoof!!!

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,564
    edited November 2021
    orraloon said:

Sometimes the ice stare makes it through the waynekerbarriers. Example: few years back missus and I rode out to catch a stage of the Women's Tour. All good. Post peloton passing we stopped at a pub for a snack and drink. Some wumman on next table is giving it loud that 'all these pro riders are lesbians'. When we got up to leave, with the fluoro cycling kit etc, eye contact was made, held and the wimp buckled. Mind you, I'm 6'3 1/2 and big so what them tubes gonna do?

I too was there that day. After you left, I overheard her saying, "I told you! That was the biggest damn lesbian cyclist I've ever seen!"
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    tetley10 said:

johngti said:

Gotcha. It was always alcohol when I grew up in the sticks. Suspect there was other stuff around but I didn’t move in those circles so never even saw it. E became a thing when I was at uni but at that stage in my life I was a born again god botherer so took no part in it. Living in Liverpool at the time and needing to walk through toxteth daily, I was very aware of the problems associated with smack etc but never saw any of the “fun” parts.

I never feel like I missed out on stuff though.

God botherer and Toxteth doesn't seem to fit.
    You say that but there was a church in Granby Road and another around the corner that I used to go to. Quite a religious place for the non-druggies
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328

Too tired for that. He’s feeling right as rain and wants to go off for a bike ride! Yoof!!!

That's particularly galling, he should at least have the decency to have a hangover.
    Must confess I rarely get annoyed with the lad for going out drinking as I did a lot worse when I was his age. Female child doesn't drink much at all so isn't a worry. Thankfully both have the good sense to avoid drugs, we've been quite open about these things and they talk to us which is good. Daughters housemates at university do all sorts by the sounds of it but she goes out with other groups. Next year she should be sharing with people that are more her type at least.