friday watching the pineapple quadrille

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    Forgot to mention I was chased by a dog this morning, yapping at my heels, nobody bothering to call him/her, little b@stard.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

Morning!

Will be living in Brighton for 3.5weeks. Getting a bit fed up of the nomadic lifestyle now…

Also, did I miss it? Do we know where Hoppy, LincolnDave et Al have got to?

Hop, Hissy fit, whereabouts known but he’s not coming out of his room until that nasty Stevo has gone. Lincoln Dave, retired, probably bored of posting the same post every day.

Im sure you’ve probably mentioned it before but why all the travelling? Brighton, could be worse 👍

As long as they're both okay!

We're having our new flat gutted and refurbished. So far spent time in Germany, West Yorkshire (current location) and then probably Brighton. I've never been to Brighton (I know!) so that's something to explore, and it means we're closer to London for the building work vinegar strokes (not used that term in a while!).
    Never been to Brighton! Does not compute…system error….system error…. Rebooting….

Ok back on line. Let’s try again, as mentioned the lanes are good for a mooch a about. Fish and chips, Harry Ramsden’s opposite the pier. TheWitchez restaurant marine parade is excellent, cozy, good food, nice atmosphere might need to book. Check out the Komedia club for entertainment.
    Didn't know there was one right down there HaHa -
    Only been to the one in Leeds (never again!) Ordered Haddock n Chips, when it arrived I said " is that legal" pointing at the tiny fish on the tray. It should have swam straight out of the net that caught it, it was so small. The poor lad didn't know what to say :D ...^ just reminded of it
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    @Ben6899

Take your camera and hope for good light to take shots of the West pier.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Listen Seano - doesn't sound like you do a lot of work either.

Most Britain's stop looking for work when they get a job.
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

Morning!

Will be living in Brighton for 3.5weeks. Getting a bit fed up of the nomadic lifestyle now…

Hop, Hissy fit, whereabouts known but he’s not coming out of his room until that nasty Stevo has gone. Lincoln Dave, retired, probably bored of posting the same post every day.

Im sure you’ve probably mentioned it before but why all the travelling? Brighton, could be worse 👍

We're having our new flat gutted and refurbished. So far spent time in Germany, West Yorkshire (current location) and then probably Brighton. I've never been to Brighton (I know!) so that's something to explore, and it means we're closer to London for the building work vinegar strokes (not used that term in a while!).
    Never been to Brighton! Does not compute…system error….system error…. Rebooting….

Ok back on line. Let’s try again, as mentioned the lanes are good for a mooch a about. Fish and chips, Harry Ramsden’s opposite the pier. TheWitchez restaurant marine parade is excellent, cozy, good food, nice atmosphere might need to book. Check out the Komedia club for entertainment.
    Only been to the one in Leeds (never again!) Ordered Haddock n Chips, when it arrived I said " is that legal" pointing at the tiny fish on the tray. It should have swam straight out of the net that caught it, it was so small. The poor lad didn't know what to say :D ...^ just reminded of it
    😂👍 I visited the Leeds branch as a teenager. Ramsdens has always been decent.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686

seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

Morning!

You didn't fancy Murgatroyd's?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

You know where Hoppy lives Seano.
    Walk up and down the street outside holding a placard/wearing a sandwich board.

If you can't get his attention, kick the Volvo tank people carrier thingy and set the alarm off.

Sounds like a plan 👍
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Fine! I’ll do some work now if you’re going to be like that.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,551
    Ben6899 said:

pinno said:

Ben6899 said:

Morning!

A good night out can be had in Brighton.

I dare say we'll be having one. Or two.
    the salt room is good, as is riddle & finns (better bubbly list)

also some of the places in the arches under the seafront road
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    sungod said:

MattFalle said:

Sooooooooo bored. Gonna hoover the Aygo, do weights sesh and/go for a ride by myself and not stop anywhere for nobody or nuffink (can I do that if I have been pinged? I honestly don't know)

Sooooo bored.

afaik if you are fully vaccinated you don't need to self isolate, but get a test and be careful until shown negative

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-and-treatment/if-youre-told-to-self-isolate-by-nhs-test-and-trace-or-the-covid-19-app/

grazie!
    had two neg lateral flows, gonna play it low and slow for another day and another negative, monitor family for s&s and take from there.

the contact happened last Saturday (although tbey only sent out the message yesterday), so thats the week passed basically....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Turn it on it's head. What happened to the very honourable shirking ethic to which there were masters?
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Turn it on it's head. What happened to the very honourable shirking ethic to which there were masters?
    Living the dream my friend.

Cultivate an aura of indispensable importance “nobody knows how to do seano’s job” although nobody actually knows what seano does. I’m not sure the paymasters even know I’m still on the payroll.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Cultivate an aura of indispensable importance “nobody knows how to do seano’s job” although nobody actually knows what seano does. I’m not sure the paymasters even know I’m still on the payroll.
    That's just brilliant. Then they cannot replace you and wouldn't know how to advertise the position anyway if they tried.

The rest on here pretend to work* and think they are important.

*Apart from SG. At least he is honest.
  • Which one of you lot cursed me?

Go to collect car today - greeted by "er, some bad news..." Somehow they've had my car parked in the workshop overnight and something heavy has fallen off a shelf... and entirely ruined a body panel. They'll get it replaced, but that will be another week or so off the road at least, and I'm always doubtful that painters will successfully match colour of (relatively) old metallic paint. To say I was displeased is an understatement.

Back from that to OH radiotherapy appointment in city, and they were running 40 minutes late - again. The miserable feckers insist that patients turn up 5-10 minutes *before* their appointment time, and are required to drink a big bottle of water 45 minutes prior for the treatment to be possible. Then make him wait 30 to 40 minutes more, trying desperately not to pee and have to start over.

All because the medical industry are such money-grubbing b@st@rds and refuse to schedule appointments with the correct amount of time allowed for each. Instead they book in as many cash cow transactions sorry, patients, as they possibly can, assume it's perfectly reasonable to make them wait never mind the discomfort or inconvenience that causes and probably expect their staff to work overtime for nothing to catch up at the end of the day when they are way behind.

Grrrr. Makes me so angry.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

That's just brilliant. Then they cannot replace you and wouldn't know how to advertise the position anyway if they tried.

it's quality not quantity :smiley:

i strive to do as little as possible for as much (money+fun) as possible
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

I pretend to work and fully well know I am not important.

• I do work, but do not pretend that I'd rather not.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day of wfh, feeling normal once again. At least as normal as I ever do at any rate. I need a job more like Seano's and less of the asking me because I'll know and others can't be arsed to step up.
    Enjoy Brighton Ben, it's a great town so I'm sure you will. Daughter is up from there this weekend for the first time since she started uni. She really likes most of it, said she's not going back to a bar on the seafront called something like Stoosh as it's full of creepy old men. Then she clarified that meant in their late 20s or 30s.
    That's really tedious Spinner. You're right about the paint job. I once worked at a Renault dealer and they had to completely respray a pearlescent Alpine GTA as a mechanic had scratched the bumper. Medical services here can be like that but it's not money oriented, at least not yet.
  • sungod
    productive day so far:

weighed new wheels, 956g total

have the shim, wedges and cleats on pristine new bont vaypor s, special ordered some with proper speedplay soles, no more clunky 3-hole adaptor plates

smidge of wfh

stroll time
  • MattFalle
    sungod said:

productive day so far:

have the shim, wedges and cleats on pristine new bont vaypor s, special ordered some with proper speedplay soles, no more clunky 3-hole adaptor plates

smidge of wfh

stroll time

have you posted piccies of new wheels yet?

if not, why not?
  • MattFalle

Which one of you lot cursed me?

Go to collect car today - greeted by "er, some bad news..." Somehow they've had my car parked in the workshop overnight and something heavy has fallen off a shelf... and entirely ruined a body panel. They'll get it replaced, but that will be another week or so off the road at least, and I'm always doubtful that painters will successfully match colour of (relatively) old metallic paint. To say I was displeased is an understatement.

Back from that to OH radiotherapy appointment in city, and they were running 40 minutes late - again. The miserable feckers insist that patients turn up 5-10 minutes *before* their appointment time, and are required to drink a big bottle of water 45 minutes prior for the treatment to be possible. Then make him wait 30 to 40 minutes more, trying desperately not to pee and have to start over.

All because the medical industry are such money-grubbing b@st@rds and refuse to schedule appointments with the correct amount of time allowed for each. Instead they book in as many cash cow transactions sorry, patients, as they possibly can, assume it's perfectly reasonable to make them wait never mind the discomfort or inconvenience that causes and probably expect their staff to work overtime for nothing to catch up at the end of the day when they are way behind.

all of that sucks. utterly.

i'll have some vino for you tonight. a bottle may do it.
  • sungod
    MattFalle said:

sungod said:

productive day so far:

smidge of wfh

stroll time

if not, why not?
    but they look just like the other set!

moody lighting interweb pic...

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,689
    So kernackered. Bleepin' hard day in the workgroup - not Westonbirt arboretum, Earth Trust Little Wittenham in The Shire - clearing half and laying the other half of the Blackthorn section. Barsteward stuff Blackthorn; ok you can pick sloes but it grows as a tangled mess and the spikes are vicious. Never liked it and like it less after today.

Need a hot soak and some recovery bevvies.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686

Afternoon folks,
    Busy day of wfh, feeling normal once again. At least as normal as I ever do at any rate. I need a job more like Seano's and less of the asking me because I'll know and others can't be arsed to step up.
    Enjoy Brighton Ben, it's a great town so I'm sure you will. Daughter is up from there this weekend for the first time since she started uni. She really likes most of it, said she's not going back to a bar on the seafront called something like Stoosh as it's full of creepy old men. Then she clarified that meant in their late 20s or 30s.
    That's really tedious Spinner. You're right about the paint job. I once worked at a Renault dealer and they had to completely respray a pearlescent Alpine GTA as a mechanic had scratched the bumper. Medical services here can be like that but it's not money oriented, at least not yet.

I would've probably avoided Stoosh by default given that I'm even older than the creepy old men in there! :smiley:

Thanks for all the Brighton tips, everyone, really gratefully received. And @Wheelspinner that is a proper COAD.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • seanoconn
    Ben6899 said:

Afternoon folks,

I would've probably avoided Stoosh by default given that I'm even older than the creepy old men in there! :smiley:

Thanks for all the Brighton tips, everyone, really gratefully received. And @Wheelspinner that is a proper COAD.
    Oh and Ben, I’ll meet you under the pier at 10pm 😉😘🍆
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    MattFalle said:

Which one of you lot cursed me?

all of that sucks. utterly.

i'll have some vino for you tonight. a bottle may do it.
    I'll join you when I get home.

That sucks WS, hope you have better luck soon!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    sungod said:

MattFalle said:

sungod said:

productive day so far:

smidge of wfh

stroll time

if not, why not?

Mint

• tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    WFW for me, spot of teaching and more reading about feminism and PE. Another day in the gym though.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    sungod said:

MattFalle said:

sungod said:

productive day so far:

smidge of wfh

stroll time

if not, why not?

Fair play, they’re lovely
  • MattFalle
    sungod said:

MattFalle said:

sungod said:

productive day so far:

smidge of wfh

stroll time

if not, why not?

utterly gorgeous. the clubbies on here are going to chuck a massive hissy.