friday watching the pineapple quadrille

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    As an aside, have spent 4 days doing a presentation, need to email it out so I can present it tomorrow morning and its too big tofucking send.

computer is going on about attaching it to a cloud or some suchshit

i have no idea what to do...
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    MattFalle said:

Hammer, fire, over fence, vino
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,675

MattFalle said:

Or give it to one of the MFs with a few quid for the bus fare. Sorted.
  • veronese68
    Is covetting shiny bike one of the seven deadly sins?
    Went to a pub for beer and pizza with wife and female child which was lovely. Daughter stopped me telling the table behind me they were all cnuts. One of them started complaining about the amount of money a cyclist was claiming off them after an accident. One of the others recounted the tale of his poor hard done by sister that was turning left when the mean cyclist crashed into her car. He was so angry and scary that she had to drive away leaving him in the road and not report the incident to the police or her insurance company. The poordumbbitch got 6 points for leaving the scene of an accident and another 3 points for not reporting it, yet somehow this was all the fault of the cyclist.
    Bloody cyclists 🙄
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

consider it done. i'm going to open up the black box bit and get the files out first so that I can take them with me.
  • MattFalle

Went to a pub for beer and pizza with wife and female child which was lovely. Daughter stopped me telling the table behind me they were all cnuts. One of them started complaining about the amount of money a cyclist was claiming off them after an accident. One of the others recounted the tale of his poor hard done by sister that was turning left when the mean cyclist crashed into her car. He was so angry and scary that she had to drive away leaving him in the road and not report the incident to the police or her insurance company. The poordumbbitch got 6 points for leaving the scene of an accident and another 3 points for not reporting it, yet somehow this was all the fault of the cyclist.
    Bloody cyclists 🙄

do ypu want me to send an MF down to sleep with their wives?
  • MattFalle
    orraloon said:

MattFalle said:

Or give it to one of the MFs with a few quid for the bus fare. Sorted.
    nah. he'll only eat the money and then think he's Tom Cruise and try and surf the bus.
  • veronese68
    MattFalle said:

Bloody cyclists 🙄

No, wives looked grumpfrumpy and I wouldn't wish them on even the worst of the MFs
  • MattFalle
    I could send the one with no taste and poor eyesight. you want to see some of the things he's woken up next to in his time.
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

Bloody cyclists 🙄

No, wives looked grumpfrumpy and I wouldn't wish them on even the worst of the MFs
    how about the one who lives in your garage? he hasn't had company in ages - well, apart from the mice and he's eaten them i believe.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    MattFalle said:

As an aside, have spent 4 days doing a presentation, need to email it out so I can present it tomorrow morning and its too big tofucking send.

Wetransfer
    One drive
    Dropbox
    Etc.

If security allows.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

Wetransfer
    One drive
    Dropbox
    Etc.

If security allows.
    Use Winzip to compress the file.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno

Bloody cyclists 🙄

Poordumbbitch will have to drive really carefully now (or actually pay attention) and poordumbbitch will get a big insurance premium hike.
  • MattFalle
    edited November 2021
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

Wetransfer
    One drive
    Dropbox
    Etc.

If security allows.
    grazie! got someone to Wetransfer some stuff for me ages ago so that is a darn good option.
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

sungod said:

MattFalle said:

sungod said:

productive day so far:

weighed new wheels, 956g total

have the shim, wedges and cleats on pristine new bont vaypor s, special ordered some with proper speedplay soles, no more clunky 3-hole adaptor plates

smidge of wfh

stroll time

have you posted piccies of new wheels yet?

if not, why not?
    but they look just like the other set!

moody lighting interweb pic...

utterly gorgeous. the clubbies on here are going to chuck a massive hissy.
    You do realise that he will only plaster the things in glue?
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

Wetransfer
    One drive
    Dropbox
    Etc.

If security allows.
    Use Winzip to compress the file.
    can i just not put a load of books on the computer to do the same thing?
  • MattFalle
    however, problem solved for now - have cut the presentation in two and sent it to myself.

lets see neither part work properly tomorrow....
  • MattFalle
    ..... because that is a tomorrow problem and now I am drinking beer for WS.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,675

Bloody cyclists 🙄

Sometimes the ice stare makes it through the waynekerbarriers. Example: few years back missus and I rode out to catch a stage of the Women's Tour. All good. Post peloton passing we stopped at a pub for a snack and drink. Some wumman on next table is giving it loud that 'all these pro riders are lesbians'. When we got up to leave, with the fluoro cycling kit etc, eye contact was made, held and the wimp buckled. Mind you, I'm 6'3 1/2 and big so what them tubes gonna do?
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Bloody cyclists 🙄

Sometimes the ice stare makes it through the waynekerbarriers. Example: few years back missus and I rode out to catch a stage of the Women's Tour. All good. Post peloton passing we stopped at a pub for a snack and drink. Some wumman on next table is giving it loud that 'all these pro riders are lesbians'. When we got up to leave, with the fluoro cycling kit etc, eye contact was made, held and the wimp buckled. Mind you, I'm 6'3 1/2 and big so what them tubes gonna do?
    Nut your testicles?
  • veronese68
    MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

Bloody cyclists 🙄

how about the one who lives in your garage? he hasn't had company in ages - well, apart from the mice and he's eaten them i believe.
    I didn't feed him for a couple of weeks so I thought he'd gone in search of Stevo's new pad.
  • pinno

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

Bloody cyclists 🙄

I didn't feed him for a couple of weeks so I thought he'd gone in search of Stevo's new pad.
    You really shouldn't feed feral MF's.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,416
    Evening/Morning - eldest son (17) came back from party completely hammered! Cider and Vodka. Currently sitting up with him until he pukes it all up so I can finally get him and me to bed. Yawn.
    All been there. Can’t feel too mad at him, just a little disappointed. Yoof eh?

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

Morning!

Will be living in Brighton for 3.5weeks. Getting a bit fed up of the nomadic lifestyle now…

Also, did I miss it? Do we know where Hoppy, LincolnDave et Al have got to?

Hop, Hissy fit, whereabouts known but he’s not coming out of his room until that nasty Stevo has gone. Lincoln Dave, retired, probably bored of posting the same post every day.

Im sure you’ve probably mentioned it before but why all the travelling? Brighton, could be worse 👍

As long as they're both okay!

We're having our new flat gutted and refurbished. So far spent time in Germany, West Yorkshire (current location) and then probably Brighton. I've never been to Brighton (I know!) so that's something to explore, and it means we're closer to London for the building work vinegar strokes (not used that term in a while!).
    Never been to Brighton! Does not compute…system error….system error…. Rebooting….

Ok back on line. Let’s try again, as mentioned the lanes are good for a mooch a about. Fish and chips, Harry Ramsden’s opposite the pier. TheWitchez restaurant marine parade is excellent, cozy, good food, nice atmosphere might need to book. Check out the Komedia club for entertainment.
    Didn't know there was one right down there HaHa -
    Only been to the one in Leeds (never again!) Ordered Haddock n Chips, when it arrived I said " is that legal" pointing at the tiny fish on the tray. It should have swam straight out of the net that caught it, it was so small. The poor lad didn't know what to say :D ...^ just reminded of it

You didn't fancy Murgatroyd's?
    Never heard of it I'm afraid. Just passing through. Long story cut short… I was burgled that day (house) so was late leaving home for a planned trip to the Lake District (approx 170m), by then knew I was going to miss the pub grub so grabbed something (anything) on the way, I was unlucky with my choice
    life's rich tapestry eh
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401

Evening/Morning - eldest son (17) came back from party completely hammered! Cider and Vodka. Currently sitting up with him until he pukes it all up so I can finally get him and me to bed. Yawn.
    All been there. Can’t feel too mad at him, just a little disappointed. Yoof eh?

One of life lessons we all have learn a few times before we stop mixing our drinks. If this is the first time at 17 it’s not bad going.

Anyway, underage drinking, unsupervised yoofs, the police have been called 👮‍♀️
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    This is part of the reason we bought the current Casa MF - it has an integral self contained ground floor flat that opens onto the lower terrace and garden - means that when bambini start to do this sort of thing with their mates they can do it here and its all safer and under control.

obviously we don't want them going off getting shytted but they will do it and if ar least we can control the environment/people there/aftermath its a modicum of a winner....
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    MattFalle said:

This is part of the reason we bought the current Casa MF - it has an integral self contained ground floor flat that opens onto the lower terrace and garden - means that when bambini start to do this sort of thing with their mates they can do it here and its all safer and under control.

obviously we don't want them going off getting shytted but they will do it and if ar least we can control the environment/people there/aftermath its a modicum of a winner....

Frank Zappa basically told his kids that they could experiment with whatever they wanted so long as it was at home where they could do it safely. None of them ever really got into that scene but it seems eminently sensible to me. Good one MF.
  • MattFalle
    Grazie.

Apart from the coke, smack, acid, uppers, downers, weed, E, blood transfusions, HGH, EPO, 'shrooms and some crushed Parma Violets, my friends and I were never really into the recreational or sporting drug scene growing up - we were drinkers and used to have large bbq and bonfires down a friends farm a lot - parents were fine with it because it was all relatively under control.

Tinker with cars and m/bikes through the day, get shedded at night. Local rough as nightclub in the middle of nowhere for dancin' and romancin'.

country shitkicking folk, eh.... we aren't comfortable in towns....
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Gotcha. It was always alcohol when I grew up in the sticks. Suspect there was other stuff around but I didn’t move in those circles so never even saw it. E became a thing when I was at uni but at that stage in my life I was a born again god botherer so took no part in it. Living in Liverpool at the time and needing to walk through toxteth daily, I was very aware of the problems associated with smack etc but never saw any of the “fun” parts.

I never feel like I missed out on stuff though.
  • MattFalle
    Can't beat a night on beer and Mad Dog 20/20 and fire walking through a field.....