Anything up at Bowman Cycles?

13»

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

I am guessing the Hambini video may have something to do with the new company not wishing to use the previous suppliers.

https://youtu.be/YTDQ9vtoxTo

First time I've watched on of Hambini's infamous slating vids, shocking what he displays as regards awful welds and a very twisted frame, but his style is a bit too much for me.
    yup - even for the MFs he's bit of dramallama
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,591
    MattFalle said:

Amazing turn about to find it was all the fault of cycling clubs.

well, considering clubbies have been more than happy to slag off boardmans at every opportunity when they're mega and couldn't spot all the faults on these it does raise questions, no?
    You’ve had an absolute mare on this thread. Scattergun posting on stuff you know nothing about has bitten you hard on the arse. Own it. :)
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • If I had my way, quoting Hambini or linking any of his vids would get you a one month ban from this forum. He’s a clown.
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

well, considering clubbies have been more than happy to slag off boardmans at every opportunity when they're mega and couldn't spot all the faults on these it does raise questions, no?
    You’ve had an absolute mare on this thread. Scattergun posting on stuff you know nothing about has bitten you hard on the censored . Own it. :)
    errrr, not really,no.

Soloists - frame fails, Cervelo recalls left right nd centre .

Early CAADs - frame fails, 'Dale frame recalls left right and centre.

Clubs bought what everyone thought were cool good bikes for a good price

Cool bike that got mega reviews turns out to be a bitshit.

Bloke buys name of failed bike compny

that's all really. nothing more nothingless.

no scattergun and everything factual. whats there not to know about?

• andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,819
    MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

You’ve had an absolute mare on this thread. Scattergun posting on stuff you know nothing about has bitten you hard on the censored . Own it. :)
    errrr, not really,no.

So stating “… utterly stunning and a very, very good frameset at a mega price” on reflection is factual ? A metal frame built in a Far-Eastern factory without much QC seemingly easily gains the label of “stunning”. Your perspective is mightily warped then. Even though it was them daft clubbies that made them popular the MFs still bought and lusted after them!
  • MattFalle
    andyrr said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

errrr, not really,no.

So stating “… utterly stunning and a very, very good frameset at a mega price” on reflection is factual ? A metal frame built in a Far-Eastern factory without much QC seemingly easily gains the label of “stunning”. Your perspective is mightily warped then. Even though it was them daft clubbies that made them popular the MFs still bought and lusted after them!

opinions can change - we nowknow that they look lovely but are a bitshit.

thats all really. just a shame, tbh.

for all we know the QC with every frame manufacturer could be hit and miss. who knows - i'm not going to chop my Prince/S3/CAAD up to check.

and, errr,no. MFs didn't buy them. They still think they look incredibly cool in the black and green as above though.

you seem to have major problems with a)metal frames and b) place of manufacture, tbh....