Forum home Road cycling forum Road general

Anything up at Bowman Cycles?

Ordered and paid for a bike back in Feb, was expecting Aug delivery, which got bumped to December (understandable as all bike brands are having problems). Last week my payment was refunded and I'm unable to contact them via phone or email since then.

The site seems fine except for the contact page, which now doesn't work.

• pblakeneypblakeney Posts: 16,811
    Bad news I'm afraid. They had a big clear out at the end of July and are now being struck off. Hope you can claim off your credit card.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/13006256
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rwooferrwoofer Posts: 138
    That is a different company as far as I can tell.
    Just to set the record straight, I double checked and they are BB Velo Ltd, which is still listed as active at Companies House. Bowman Bikes is a different company altogether.
  • pblakeneypblakeney Posts: 16,811
    edited 6 October
    rwoofer said:

Just to set the record straight, I double checked and they are BB Velo Ltd, which is still listed as active at Companies House. Bowman Bikes is a different company altogether.

Thanks for the clarification. Apologies for the confusion.
    Very confusing.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 6,156
    They only released the Palace 4 a few months ago....

Tbh, it would be gutting if they were going under - they were incredibly cool, especially the original Palace in green/black that, with deep rims, was utterly stunning and a very, very good frameset at a mega price
  • I have one of the incredibly cool green/black framesets for sale if there's any interest - the rear triangle is out of alignment slightly - appears to have been one of the early batches which had this issue. It probably requires a slightly off centre dished rear wheel. There's some tyre scrub to the inside of left chain stay but otherwise the frame and forks is immaculate and has covered a couple of hundred miles only.

If anyone is interested then drop me a message and i can sort some photos. It's a size 56.

Ref contacting bowman - they aren't the quickest to respond but I've always found that they will - seems odd that they are out of comms.

[email protected] or [email protected]
    Well despite emails to chase, calling multiple times and leaving messages still not heard a thing after trying for two and half weeks. Something must be up even if it is just a loss of staff/illness/holidays on the service side of the business. Can only hope, but if anyone is better connected, do share.
  • I emailed them 2 weeks ago but no reply. Tried phoning but answering machine only.
    Yes, answering machine only for the last few weeks. Something clearly not right, but wish they would just put something on their website if it is simply lack of staff or other temporary issues. The longer it goes on, the more I suspect the worst.