Centennial Road World Championships, Flanders - 19-26 September 2021 *SPOILERS*

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,861
    Groups getting split off .... They should of attacked during that lull
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Belgiums drilling this
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,565
    ddraver said:

Trentin has dragged it back and called it a day. Bit surprised by that...

Ballerini too
    Both crashed earlier then came back to do a huge effort in chasing the Remco break.

Several outside bets getting dropped now including Ewan.
  • mididoctors
    Declerq getting back ?
  • mididoctors
    That's pretty impressive
  • Pross
    Is it going to be one of those weird races where all the action was early on and it then becomes more predictable? Wasn't there a PR a few years ago a bit like that?
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Is it going to be one of those weird races where all the action was early on and it then becomes more predictable? Wasn't there a PR a few years ago a bit like that?

Long way to.go
  • mididoctors
    Attempts to slide off the front
  • mididoctors
    Polet made a move here
  • Pross
    Pollitt makes a second dig and gets a gap. No-one seems to want to ride with him.

Brits managing to keep covering every move. Small group now away. Remco, Tratnik and maybe Swift again? All in the original dangerous break
  • Pross
    Actually looks like GB missed this one, Swift on the front of the bunch
  • Pross
    All the major countries represented except GB, first time they weren't up there.
  • Pross
    Not sure Belgium will be happy with just Remco up there.
  • mididoctors
    Bluff it .... Make the Belgiums commit
  • mididoctors
    Don't chase... see if the Belgiums believe remco has it
  • Pross
    There's no first choice riders in that break so I'm not convinced many teams will be happy for the gap to go out. No team with multiple riders either so yes sit up and let others control it
  • Pross
    That's better
  • mididoctors
    Caleb cramping up
  • mididoctors
    Declerq finished I think
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    The USA kit looks like a blue jacket and red tie.
  • mididoctors
    Cosnefoy has another dig
  • mididoctors
    Mad_Malx said:

The USA kit looks like a blue jacket and red tie.

Evel Knievel outfit
  • Pross
    I'd be useless in a race like this. I'd panic about every break.

Break has split, now only 5 riders so more teams now needing to work but the peloton is tiny.

• Pross
    Loads of little gaps appearing.
  • Pross
    Would like to see van Baarle win from this front group. Does so much work all year and rarely gets a chance to ride to his potential.
  • mididoctors
    JA
  • Pross
    Now we have a race
  • mididoctors
    Pidcock back in
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Lol Pidcock must be the worst rider to try and draft
  • mididoctors
    All coming together for a finale