Forum home Road cycling forum Road general

Poor service - long delivery time on wheels

2456

Posts

  • johngtijohngti Posts: 2,416
    masjer said:

    First world problems again. If only the Afghans could hear of this terrible plight, they'd realise things weren't so bad after all.

    I’m from North Wales so know all about the third world.
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 11,644

    I've had an SLR1 wheel on order from Winstanleys since March!

    Been stuck on my alu winter wheels all summer...

    Which have been absolutely fine, so I'm now wondering why I need Carbon summer wheels at all !

    Funny how we can all do without and still have fun on the bike.

    fine is not great.

    Margot at the chip shop us fine. She has all her own teeth and you'll get free chips.

    TDNFNATN is great.

    that's the difference.
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • johngtijohngti Posts: 2,416
    Leave Margot out of this. She’s had a bad time of it lately, what with Dean leaving her and the kids for Becky, again. She doesn’t need to be dragged into this sh1tshow.
  • MattFalle said:

    I've had an SLR1 wheel on order from Winstanleys since March!

    Been stuck on my alu winter wheels all summer...

    Which have been absolutely fine, so I'm now wondering why I need Carbon summer wheels at all !

    Funny how we can all do without and still have fun on the bike.

    fine is not great.

    Margot at the chip shop us fine. She has all her own teeth and you'll get free chips.

    TDNFNATN is great.

    that's the difference.
    Don't understand any of that post, but yeah, I agree :smile:
  • masjermasjer Posts: 1,892
    johngti said:

    masjer said:

    First world problems again. If only the Afghans could hear of this terrible plight, they'd realise things weren't so bad after all.

    I’m from North Wales so know all about the third world.
    Oh, wheels for a penny-farthing. You'll be waiting a while for those.
  • pblakeneypblakeney Posts: 21,918
    Lovin' this thread with all the whoosh moments! 🤣
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • daniel_bdaniel_b Posts: 10,711
    edited August 2021
    I think you need to speak to the divine Miss Worsley for wheel advice.



    Let me know once you have spoken to her.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • First.AspectFirst.Aspect Posts: 11,491
    Those eyebrows have come back into fashion.
  • daniel_bdaniel_b Posts: 10,711

    Those eyebrows have come back into fashion.

    Probably all due to the LW.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_bdaniel_b Posts: 10,711
    I'm waiting for Syncros to bring out a road version of these wheels - if they do, I'll likely plump for them instead of the Winspace ones, on a future years c2w allowance.

    https://syncros.com/gb/en/product/syncros-silverton-sl-30mm-wheelset?article=2882360135840


    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 10,152
    daniel_b said:

    I think you need to speak to the divine Miss Worsley for wheel advice.



    Let me know once you have spoken to her.

    Highlighted the ‘s’ in bold as well for added ambiguity. Sneaky.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • kingstongrahamkingstongraham Posts: 22,747
    Are the wheels in Kabul or something?
  • daniel_bdaniel_b Posts: 10,711

    Are the wheels in Kabul or something?

    Miss Worsleys, John's missing wheels, or the Syncros ones I posted above?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Have they turned up yet?

    This is now RIDICULOUS

    FACT
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited August 2021
    daniel_b said:

    I'm waiting for Syncros to bring out a road version of these wheels - if they do, I'll likely plump for them instead of the Winspace ones, on a future years c2w allowance.

    https://syncros.com/gb/en/product/syncros-silverton-sl-30mm-wheelset?article=2882360135840


    do HUNT do those?

    I'd buy in an instant if HUNT did them

    HUNT are mega

    PROPER WHEELS FOR PROPER CYCLISTS
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • johngtijohngti Posts: 2,416
    No. Tomorrow.
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 11,644
    johngti said:

    Leave Margot out of this. She’s had a bad time of it lately, what with Dean leaving her and the kids for Becky, again. She doesn’t need to be dragged into this sh1tshow.

    Yeah, but we all know what Becky is like. Dean will be out on his ear again within the next week and she'll be moving onto the next fly by night gigolo with his own hair and a small business.

    Dean will be back begging for Margot and like the sweet apple she is she'll take him back.

    Its the same old/same old each time.
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 11,644

    Are the wheels in Kabul or something?

    yeah, Terry is hacking around on them right now setting Strava PBs left, right and centre.
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • elbowlohelbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Just be grateful you didn't order from Wiggle...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • johngtijohngti Posts: 2,416
    MattFalle said:

    johngti said:

    Leave Margot out of this. She’s had a bad time of it lately, what with Dean leaving her and the kids for Becky, again. She doesn’t need to be dragged into this sh1tshow.

    Yeah, but we all know what Becky is like. Dean will be out on his ear again within the next week and she'll be moving onto the next fly by night gigolo with his own hair and a small business.

    Dean will be back begging for Margot and like the sweet apple she is she'll take him back.

    Its the same old/same old each time.
    She needs to just dump him. He’s no good for her and I know he’s the father of her middle 4 kids but he never does anything with them. But you’re right, she’ll just keep on taking him back. Breaks your heart innit.
  • webboowebboo Posts: 5,002
    johngti said:

    No. Tomorrow.

    You need to get on to them. Mine were delivered before they said they were dispatched.
    However I’m only using the rear one at the moment. You are welcome to nip up to East Yorkshire to borrow the front one if yours don’t arrive.
  • johngtijohngti Posts: 2,416
    webboo said:

    johngti said:

    No. Tomorrow.

    You need to get on to them. Mine were delivered before they said they were dispatched.
    However I’m only using the rear one at the moment. You are welcome to nip up to East Yorkshire to borrow the front one if yours don’t arrive.
    That’s excellent. I’ll be there in 5 minutes. Nice one.
  • shirley_bassoshirley_basso Posts: 5,657
    They will arrive while you're out. Guaranteed.
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 10,152

    They will arrive while you're out. Guaranteed.

    I thought you were banned?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • daniel_bdaniel_b Posts: 10,711
    seanoconn said:

    They will arrive while you're out. Guaranteed.

    I thought you were banned?
    Banned from delivering John's wheels while he is out?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • johngtijohngti Posts: 2,416
    daniel_b said:

    seanoconn said:

    They will arrive while you're out. Guaranteed.

    I thought you were banned?
    Banned from delivering John's wheels while he is out?
    That explains it completely. Really bad planning there, Shirl. Getting banned just as I need wheels delivered is poor.
  • me-109me-109 Posts: 1,730
    Is it tomorrow yet? What are they doing - riding them up instead of sending a box? "Your delivery driver is currently on the E13/2 after the turn. He will call you once his Bolt gets a Bluetooth connection."
  • johngtijohngti Posts: 2,416
    me-109 said:

    Is it tomorrow yet? What are they doing - riding them up instead of sending a box? "Your delivery driver is currently on the E13/2 after the turn. He will call you once his Bolt gets a Bluetooth connection."

    Must be. Seriously unimpressed by that.

    On the other hand, my abject failure to do 5 minutes MAP on the sufferfest 4dp thing could point to me being better off just giving up on cycling altogether. Not even as if I was going mad, only did a couple of minutes at 260W. Heart rate went silly. I’d smashed my 5 second result before that, mind.

    Must be tired or something
  • webboowebboo Posts: 5,002
    johngti said:

    webboo said:

    johngti said:

    No. Tomorrow.

    You need to get on to them. Mine were delivered before they said they were dispatched.
    However I’m only using the rear one at the moment. You are welcome to nip up to East Yorkshire to borrow the front one if yours don’t arrive.
    That’s excellent. I’ll be there in 5 minutes. Nice one.
    Have you been round. If so I’m sorry I missed you I took the grandson swimming and then to the garden centre for lunch. There’s a big map of the coast to coast cycle route on the wall. I think there was a picture of someone riding 60mm primes on it, they wouldn’t be your wheels by any chance.
  • johngtijohngti Posts: 2,416
    webboo said:

    johngti said:

    webboo said:

    johngti said:

    No. Tomorrow.

    You need to get on to them. Mine were delivered before they said they were dispatched.
    However I’m only using the rear one at the moment. You are welcome to nip up to East Yorkshire to borrow the front one if yours don’t arrive.
    That’s excellent. I’ll be there in 5 minutes. Nice one.
    Have you been round. If so I’m sorry I missed you I took the grandson swimming and then to the garden centre for lunch. There’s a big map of the coast to coast cycle route on the wall. I think there was a picture of someone riding 60mm primes on it, they wouldn’t be your wheels by any chance.
    No they’re not mine. I saw the map though, had a rifle through the house, nicked your silverware. Hope you don’t mind..
Sign In or Register to comment.