12346»

Comments

• bm5
    bm5 Posts: 530
    edited July 2021
    Thanks for the great updates Mr Rogue
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    I only noticed whilst reading this year's thread that the author's forum name is lanterne_rogue not lanterne_rouge. Goes to show your brain sees what it expects.
  • bm5
    Me too, then I forgot again! Post amended.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    S'all right. It's only writing this thread that's made me realise it makes me sound like a total tool. Might shift it again.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,329

S'all right. It's only writing this thread that's made me realise it makes me sound like a total tool. Might shift it again.

I'd be careful with that if I were you, half the time you can't even remember who you are on twitter :wink:

Thanks for another great tour :smiley:
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    that weirdo that posts pics of funny boats ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ducknumber1
    ducknumber1 Posts: 1,158
    Pross said:

I only noticed whilst reading this year's thread that the author's forum name is lanterne_rogue not lanterne_rouge. Goes to show your brain sees what it expects.

I only noticed on reading this post, despite checking the thread daily :/
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    'Tokyo syndrome'. Like.
    'Love egg'. Bit odd.

When that tune was played for the last time on the last Sunday of the TdF years ago - you know in the days before David Duff it up Duffield, during the Leggit era, you were filled with a certain depression: the post TdF blues. Bereft of anything on two wheels that was televised bar the odd Hovis add and some chimps advertising tea.
    It is no different now - except, i'll have the post TdF Lanterne Rouge blues instead.

But nonetheless, thank you LL, only 49 weeks until the start of the next one.

...and if you forgot (how could you forget?):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTYqzUE_9rY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqNnPrxzm3g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mq59ykPnAE

Just a point of note: Those last two, I don't really remember. I simply included them for poetic license. I'm not that old.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091

Pross said:

I only noticed on reading this post, despite checking the thread daily :/
    I've had to go back and edit every mention of Tim Declercq for largely similar reasons.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,816
    The battle for the lantern rouge had more leaders than that other battle.
    Declerq the only man to crack 5 hours. Impressive.

Talking of impressive, amazing stuff as always.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • bm5
    Always disappointed that they miss the podium presentation for LR on the TV coverage.
  • johnboy183
    johnboy183 Posts: 832
    Loved this. Thank you