wednesday amidst cerulean splendor

124»

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Mice don't really like cheese, they much prefer Hob nobs or Kitkat.

Never mind cheese, there are lots of big juicy flies for MF to eat. The ones that managed to make it through the 2m gap in H3's bi-fold fly screen.
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Never mind cheese, there are lots of big juicy flies for MF to eat. The ones that managed to make it through the 2m gap in H3's bi-fold fly screen.
    If only he’d lowered it 30cm instead of the roughly estimated 29 and a half 😔
    yup - H3 only has himself to blame on this one.....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Such indifference and cruelty toward his much maligned wife. I dunno, makes me ashamed to be a man.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    The mice here are very partial to peanut butter... works every time. We've got a spot out in the paddock marked as Deadmouse Hill on the map.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Such indifference and cruelty toward his much maligned wife. I dunno, makes me ashamed to be a man.
    She's not much maligned, I love her dearly (and she puts up with me and my shyyte!), but she does get some weird ideas in her head.

E.g., the other night she didn't sleep well - a bit of a cough, a little bit of difficulty taking a deep breath. It happens every year around this time, on top of the normal hayfever symptoms - there must be some particular pollen that she's particularly sensitive to. So we got a new ventolin puffer yesterday, which solved the issue. However, she was absolutely convinced she was "allergic to peanuts", and that was what was causing it, because she'd eaten half a bag of those peanut puff snacks (which are excellent by the way). I (quite reasonably in my opinion) pointed out that she regularly eats peanuts, peanut butter, reeses cups, snickers ice-creams, peanut butter caramel ice cream, and that I think we would have noticed by now if she had even the slightest peanut allergy, and secondly, if she was displaying symptoms of anaphylaxis, I'd have called 999 a long time ago. SO there was no need to worry too much, and was there anything else I could do. So I got a b0llocking for not taking her seriously, and "mansplaining".

She's also "lactose intolerant" so will only have "lacto-free" milk, or oat milk in tea or coffee. But will eat clotted cream, cream, butter and ice-cream. I've given up on that one.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

She's not much maligned, I love her dearly (and she puts up with me and my shyyte!), but she does get some weird ideas in her head.

E.g., the other night she didn't sleep well - a bit of a cough, a little bit of difficulty taking a deep breath. It happens every year around this time, on top of the normal hayfever symptoms - there must be some particular pollen that she's particularly sensitive to. So we got a new ventolin puffer yesterday, which solved the issue. However, she was absolutely convinced she was "allergic to peanuts", and that was what was causing it, because she'd eaten half a bag of those peanut puff snacks (which are excellent by the way). I (quite reasonably in my opinion) pointed out that she regularly eats peanuts, peanut butter, reeses cups, snickers ice-creams, peanut butter caramel ice cream, and that I think we would have noticed by now if she had even the slightest peanut allergy, and secondly, if she was displaying symptoms of anaphylaxis, I'd have called 999 a long time ago. SO there was no need to worry too much, and was there anything else I could do. So I got a b0llocking for not taking her seriously, and "mansplaining".

She's also "lactose intolerant" so will only have "lacto-free" milk, or oat milk in tea or coffee. But will eat clotted cream, cream, butter and ice-cream. I've given up on that one.
    We could open up a thread for her on here and we could help mansplain if you want?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

We could open up a thread for her on here and we could help mansplain if you want?
    What, you mean he hasn't already shown her the threads where we're talking about her?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

What, you mean he hasn't already shown her the threads where we're talking about her?
    V68 has printed and posted them, they should hit tomorrow
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

I'm sure she'll appreciate the effort we've gone to in order to help her with her problems. Wonder if it includes his post about her being quite trim?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

I'm sure she'll appreciate the effort we've gone to in order to help her with her problems. Wonder if it includes his post about her being quite trim?
    He bought a highlighter pen especially
  • Stevo_666
    :smiley: Always was a big spender.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

It was meant in an entirely complimentary way and I'm sure she'd understand. Hopefully we'll never find out.
  • MattFalle
    edited June 2021

The mice here are very partial to peanut butter... works every time.

we just use a 50 cal.
    no need to clear anything up afterwards either.

seem to get less complaints than hitting them with a hammer, setting fire to them and chucking them over the fence as well.
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

E.g., the other night she didn't sleep well - a bit of a cough, a little bit of difficulty taking a deep breath. It happens every year around this time, on top of the normal hayfever symptoms - there must be some particular pollen that she's particularly sensitive to. So we got a new ventolin puffer yesterday, which solved the issue. However, she was absolutely convinced she was "allergic to peanuts", and that was what was causing it, because she'd eaten half a bag of those peanut puff snacks (which are excellent by the way). I (quite reasonably in my opinion) pointed out that she regularly eats peanuts, peanut butter, reeses cups, snickers ice-creams, peanut butter caramel ice cream, and that I think we would have noticed by now if she had even the slightest peanut allergy, and secondly, if she was displaying symptoms of anaphylaxis, I'd have called MF out of the understairs cupboard a long time ago. SO there was no need to worry too much, and was there anything else I could do. So I got a b0llocking for not taking her seriously, and "mansplaining".

ftfy

I love H3s posts. they make me smile and put a gloss on the dross that gets thrown at me at home.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

by "bought" he means stole from WH Smith
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

by "bought" he means stole from the staionery cupboard
    FTFY
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

we just use a 50 cal.
    Minced mouse.

I kind of like them: they're sociable (with each other), look after their young, they clean themselves and they're clever. Most importantly, they are food for our much beleaguered owls so I use humane mouse traps and let them go.
    Jack kindly brings them in alive for us to play with/learn.

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

we just use a 50 cal.
    Minced mouse.

I kind of like them: they're sociable (with each other), look after their young, they clean themselves and they're clever. Most importantly, they are food for our much beleaguered owls so I use humane mouse traps and let them go.

Might change your POV if you had this kind of problem...

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/05/20/australia/australia-mouse-plague-dst-intl-hnk/index.html

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    And they make a right whiff if they die under your floorboards.
  • pinno
    edited June 2021

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

we just use a 50 cal.
    Minced mouse.

Might change your POV if you had this kind of problem...

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/05/20/australia/australia-mouse-plague-dst-intl-hnk/index.html

Saw that on the news. Any animal that is in such high abundance is a problem. Tears ago Oz had a serious rabbit problem.
    Whilst I have sympathy for individuals affected by the rodents, it's a man made problem.

Besides, humans stink and we're worse - we've become parasitical.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415
    Stevo_666 said:

I had one of the MF’s die under my floor boards once, stank like hell.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

they generally smell quite bad most of the time, tbh....
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

You sure he was dead?
  • Stevo_666
    edited June 2021
    oxoman said:

Once had the misfortune as an apprentice to have to go in the roof of a records storage facility that had an issue for slightly bigger long tailed pests. We had been told the ratman had disposed of over 300 of the things. Not only was the stench of the few dead ones he left littered in the roof space he left at least 1 live one. I hate rats at the best of time so didn't hang about to find any more of his mates. One of the few times i refused to do a job. Only good mouse or rat is a dead one.

We still have a pigeon skeleton in the loft somewhere, probably in the bit where its too low to access. Feathery buggers got in through a hole in the woodwork which we had boarded up then realised one was still in there.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

You sure he was dead?
    I had to poke him with a knife a few times to check
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

You sure he was dead?
    I had to poke him with a knife a few times to check
    better than the shittyend of a stick i suppose.