What a good idea.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

Jeebus H Christ. Seems like avoiding covid from public transport has driven EVERYONE in SW London into their cars, thereby ensuring everyone will die from polluted filthy air instead.

Cars or bored yute have been knocking over the pathetic plastic poles that were put up to bottle up (sorry, segregate and make safe) cyclists from the main carriageway. Bus drivers are as murderous as ever, one swerved late without indicating into a stop, cutting across a woman on a bike, driving her into the kerb and making her fall off. I checked she was OK, and gave the bus driver a rocket. He just told me to censored off and said cyclists deserve everything they get. I took a picture of him and the bus number/reg plate and will report him. He was fcuking fuming that I took his picture, but couldn't get out of his plastic box. 🙂 Not that it'll make any difference.

Oh, and my bike still clicks.

Lovely steak at lunch though.

This wins you member of the day
    It did but this:..
    hopkinb said:

Delighted that I thoroughly watered all the pots and beds. I kept telling her it was going to rain for days. But no, yesterday I "only" fed them, didn't soak them. so I HAD TO GIVE THEM A PROPER SOAKING today.

Fcuking Noah is outside building a fcuking ark.

She's basically mental.

Off to see how much is a wee bit of smack and crack off the shadier corners of teh internetz. Though her great aunt died recently, and the funeral is up in Chesterfield on Monday. Though we can't take the dog, as you'd expect at a funeral, and nothing has been planned kennel-wise, so Mrs H³ has chucked all the toys, so it'll be me driving the MiL up there and back in a day, because I'm not a miserable old bag. Met the woman once, I bought her a pork, crackling and apple sauce batch, it was lovely, I had one too, about the size of my head. It was about £1.15. She paid it back exactly. "I've never owed no-one 'owt, and I'm not going to start now".

Must dig out the black tie, and stay clean and dry. That's the way to do it.

...is totally incomprehensible.
    Try living with Mrs H³.

I'm not really researching oblivion, I just feel like it, given the endless stream of inconsistent nonsense.
    On the upside, she's rather trim. Not that I noticed or anything.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,561
    thistle_ said:

But early result is a mahoosive f^cking win as far as I am concerned. He's still waiting for the official pathology report but is fairly sure it was a benign slow growth tumour and that he's fixed it. All of it.

I pulled over, cried my eyes out and nearly threw up from relief.

Other Half has some serious recovery to do after that, but I still have him. That's all I care about.

Glad it's all good so far.
    What's the score with visiting over there? Are you allowed to be with him?

Yes, visiting rules are essentially normal here, even in ICU where he currently is for a couple of days I am still able to go visit. I can’t begin to imagine how difficult it must be for those who can’t.

Slept 10 hours last night and I am still a zombie this morning. More tea, methinks.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861

thistle_ said:

But early result is a mahoosive f^cking win as far as I am concerned. He's still waiting for the official pathology report but is fairly sure it was a benign slow growth tumour and that he's fixed it. All of it.

I pulled over, cried my eyes out and nearly threw up from relief.

Other Half has some serious recovery to do after that, but I still have him. That's all I care about.

Glad it's all good so far.
    What's the score with visiting over there? Are you allowed to be with him?

Yes, visiting rules are essentially normal here, even in ICU where he currently is for a couple of days I am still able to go visit. I can’t begin to imagine how difficult it must be for those who can’t.

Slept 10 hours last night and I am still a zombie this morning. More tea, methinks.
    Bet you feel like a new man (pun intended)

Great news that you are both recovering well
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459

hopkinb said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

Jeebus H Christ. Seems like avoiding covid from public transport has driven EVERYONE in SW London into their cars, thereby ensuring everyone will die from polluted filthy air instead.

Cars or bored yute have been knocking over the pathetic plastic poles that were put up to bottle up (sorry, segregate and make safe) cyclists from the main carriageway. Bus drivers are as murderous as ever, one swerved late without indicating into a stop, cutting across a woman on a bike, driving her into the kerb and making her fall off. I checked she was OK, and gave the bus driver a rocket. He just told me to censored off and said cyclists deserve everything they get. I took a picture of him and the bus number/reg plate and will report him. He was fcuking fuming that I took his picture, but couldn't get out of his plastic box. 🙂 Not that it'll make any difference.

hopkinb said:

Delighted that I thoroughly watered all the pots and beds. I kept telling her it was going to rain for days. But no, yesterday I "only" fed them, didn't soak them. so I HAD TO GIVE THEM A PROPER SOAKING today.

She's basically mental.

Off to see how much is a wee bit of smack and crack off the shadier corners of teh internetz. Though her great aunt died recently, and the funeral is up in Chesterfield on Monday. Though we can't take the dog, as you'd expect at a funeral, and nothing has been planned kennel-wise, so Mrs H³ has chucked all the toys, so it'll be me driving the MiL up there and back in a day, because I'm not a miserable old bag. Met the woman once, I bought her a pork, crackling and apple sauce batch, it was lovely, I had one too, about the size of my head. It was about £1.15. She paid it back exactly. "I've never owed no-one 'owt, and I'm not going to start now".

Try living with Mrs H³.

I'm not really researching oblivion, I just feel like it, given the endless stream of inconsistent nonsense.
    On the upside, she's rather trim. Not that I noticed or anything.
    Let's buy H3 a t-shirt to cheer him up.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

hopkinb said:

She's basically mental.

Try living with Mrs H³.

Ah, mec

come and live in Casa MF for a while with TDV.

Incoherent nonsense. Self determination. Processing. Repairing oneself.

Welcome to my world.

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

hopkinb said:

She's basically mental.

Try living with Mrs H³.

Ah, mec

Welcome to my world.

She has done work for MSF so she is allowed to be a bit messed up and (soz) she puts up with you.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Ah, it's alright really, sometimes she is just unbearable when she gets a half baked idea in her head. For example - I had the back of the house open yesterday evening, what with it being hot. She made me lower the blinds by approx 30 cm "to stop the flies coming in". I said that they would just fly through the remaining 2 metres or so of unimpeded airspace. But no, I had to lower the blinds by 30 cm, or the temper would have been lost.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

hopkinb said:

She's basically mental.

Try living with Mrs H³.

Ah, mec

Welcome to my world.

She has done work for MSF so she is allowed to be a bit messed up and (soz) she puts up with you.
    fair points well presented I suppose.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    hopkinb said:

But no, I had to ...

Never underestimate the value of a quiet life, so I tend to just go along with these things.
  • pinno
    edited June 2021

hopkinb said:

But no, I had to ...

Never underestimate the value of a quiet life, so I tend to just go along with these things.
    I hate arguing or any confrontation and we rarely do. If I say "are you okay hun?" it can be met with what's actually bothering her or met with derision as it's questioning her state of mind/requests.
    Sometimes it's a tightrope to walk.

You can't live with them, you can't live without them.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    hopkinb said:

Ah, it's alright really, sometimes she is just unbearable when she gets a half baked idea in her head. For example - I had the back of the house open yesterday evening, what with it being hot. She made me lower the blinds by approx 30 cm "to stop the flies coming in". I said that they would just fly through the remaining 2 metres or so of unimpeded airspace. But no, I had to lower the blinds by 30 cm, or the temper would have been lost.

I would have to lower either to 20cm or 40cm just to be awkward.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Echoes of fat lass the other night with her 2 hour soliloquy on the shortcomings of da partner. Life eh.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

If my OH had asked that I would have pointed to the button and told her to do it herself if that's what she really wants.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Doesn't every married bloke.

Nope :)
  • hopkinb
    edited June 2021
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

If my OH had asked that I would have pointed to the button and told her to do it herself if that's what she really wants.
    How do you know it's a button that controls the blinds?! :)

I'd opened the doors. Therefore the flies are my problem, even though I don't gaf about the flies, and also, the flies are still going to come in, wherever the feckin blinds are. However, sentence one means the flies are my problem, and I must therefore apply her solution, or she will become angry. Pointing out that her solution is a load of ballcocks, only exacerbates the anger, and will normally elicit a rant about some time I didn't paint a wall, or fix a bog seat, attach a bog roll holder to a wall, because that didn't bother me either. She makes up stuff that bothers her, to exert control.

My default position is that she's slightly insane. If the slight insanity tips over into batshit craziness, then I haven't managed to quite button my lip.

FWIW, today she has the back doors open as it's humid as fcuk, the blinds are currently approximately 50 cm down, there are 3 or 4 fat flies lazily buzzing around the kitchen. The height of the blinds never really bothered her, it was just her being a pain in the arris and saying the first half formed idea that came into her head.
  • seanoconn
    edited June 2021
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

I'd opened the doors. Therefore the flies are my problem, even though I don't gaf about the flies, and also, the flies are still going to come in, wherever the feckin blinds are. However, sentence one means the flies are my problem, and I must therefore apply her solution, or she will become angry. Pointing out that her solution is a load of ballcocks, only exacerbates the anger, and will normally elicit a rant about some time I didn't paint a wall, or fix a bog seat, attach a bog roll holder to a wall, because that didn't bother me either. She makes up stuff that bothers her, to exert control.

My default position is that she's slightly insane. If the slight insanity tips over into batshit craziness, then I haven't managed to quite button my lip.

FWIW, today she has the back doors open as it's humid as fcuk, the blinds are currently approximately 50 cm down, there are 3 or 4 fat flies lazily buzzing around the kitchen. The height of the blinds never really bothered her, it was just her being a pain in the arris and saying the first half formed idea that came into her head.
    Was Mrs H married before?

If so, did they ever find the body?
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Yep, the boy is the offspring. Despite the separation, his dad and I try to spare the boy the worst of her temper.

She's like her mother. Half the time she's lovely, the other half she's somewhere between batty and psychotic.
  • Stevo_666
    edited June 2021
    oxoman said:

Stevo, me thinks your fibbing. ;)

Nope, we have some right ding dogs and she has a lot of strops but I'm a bit of a headbanger when it comes to arguments and if you give ground you never get it back...
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

:*
  • Stevo_666
    edited June 2021
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Yep, the boy is the offspring. Despite the separation, his dad and I try to spare the boy the worst of her temper.

She's like her mother. Half the time she's lovely, the other half she's somewhere between batty and psychotic.
    Posted before but somehow seems appropriate here :)

https://youtu.be/okqveoqa9tE
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

MF told him
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

MF told him
    Which one?
  • MattFalle
    The one that lives in the understairs cupboard.
  • hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

Tell him not to eat the cheese balanced on a wood/metal contraption. It's a trap...
  • pinno
    Mice don't really like cheese, they much prefer Hob nobs or Kitkat.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Cheese actually makes mice constipated.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

Tell him not to eat the cheese balanced on a wood/metal contraption. It's a trap...
    too late.

he's being replaced in the morning.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Never mind cheese, there are lots of big juicy flies for MF to eat. The ones that managed to make it through the 2m gap in H3's bi-fold fly screen.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Never mind cheese, there are lots of big juicy flies for MF to eat. The ones that managed to make it through the 2m gap in H3's bi-fold fly screen.
    If only he’d lowered it 30cm instead of the roughly estimated 29 and a half 😔