wednesday amidst cerulean splendor

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,019
    Stevo_666 said:

Ben6899 said:

Stevo_666 said:

'Kin ell, busy today. Work stuff plus stupid/nit picky questions from buyers solicitors, plus packing Stropteen off on the train to clean out her place in Liverpool. And its bl00dy hot in here as well...

We got asked if we'd service the boiler before moving out. We didn't have a boiler.
    Funnily enough one of them was boiler related.

The real nit picking was about the garden shed we put up back in 2004 (I even got planning permission for it as there was some miserable old bag who lived in the close behind our garden who would have dobbed us in if we didn't). They trawled through the title deeds dating back to 1979 and found some sub-clause saying we had to ask permission from the developer before putting up a shed. I pointed out politely that the developer stopped trading in 2002.
    Usually comes down to the ground owners (unless you're freehold).

"Oh you didn't ask permission to build that conservatory 4 years ago? That'll be £750 + vat for us to grant retrospective permission or you can't sell your house"

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,686
    Apart from apartments in a block etc, who tf in their right minds buys a leasehold house scam?
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    orraloon said:

Apart from apartments in a block etc, who tf in their right minds buys a leasehold house scam?

My flat (detached house divided into two flats) was leasehold. But ground rent was only £25 every 6 months and there was no maintenance charge.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Jeebus H Christ. Seems like avoiding covid from public transport has driven EVERYONE in SW London into their cars, thereby ensuring everyone will die from polluted filthy air instead.

Cars or bored yute have been knocking over the pathetic plastic poles that were put up to bottle up (sorry, segregate and make safe) cyclists from the main carriageway. Bus drivers are as murderous as ever, one swerved late without indicating into a stop, cutting across a woman on a bike, driving her into the kerb and making her fall off. I checked she was OK, and gave the bus driver a rocket. He just told me to fuck off and said cyclists deserve everything they get. I took a picture of him and the bus number/reg plate and will report him. He was fcuking fuming that I took his picture, but couldn't get out of his plastic box. 🙂 Not that it'll make any difference.

Oh, and my bike still clicks.

Lovely steak at lunch though.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    orraloon said:

Quite a lot of people by the sound of it, seems like a lot of houses on new estates have been sold this way and it's been on the news recently. You would've thought the solicitors would've flagged that up as an issue with all their nit picking questions.
  • thistle_
    hopkinb said:

He just told me to censored off and said cyclists deserve everything they get. I took a picture of him and the bus number/reg plate and will report him. He was fcuking fuming that I took his picture, but couldn't get out of his plastic box. 🙂 Not that it'll make any difference.

From what the bus driver said it sounds like it was premeditated :naughty:

• hopkinb
    Some of the most considerate professional drivers out there are bus drivers, but equally, some of them are the amongst the worst.

Problem is, inexperienced urban cyclists assume that riding up the inside of traffic is the safest place, because that's where the lane is painted. It rarely is. You can't see anything, and no-one can see you.

For the sake of balance, there are a hell of a lot of red light/pedestrian crossing ignoring cyclists, way more than there used to be, and there's nowhere near as much cycle traffic as there was. If I was a pedestrian on a green man or zebra crossing I'd just push the fcukers off their bikes.

Here endeth the lesson.

S'fcukin hot. I'm a going to suffocate a few polar bears in the office.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,498
    edited June 2021

Stevo_666 said:

Ben6899 said:

Stevo_666 said:

'Kin ell, busy today. Work stuff plus stupid/nit picky questions from buyers solicitors, plus packing Stropteen off on the train to clean out her place in Liverpool. And its bl00dy hot in here as well...

We got asked if we'd service the boiler before moving out. We didn't have a boiler.
    Funnily enough one of them was boiler related.

The real nit picking was about the garden shed we put up back in 2004 (I even got planning permission for it as there was some miserable old bag who lived in the close behind our garden who would have dobbed us in if we didn't). They trawled through the title deeds dating back to 1979 and found some sub-clause saying we had to ask permission from the developer before putting up a shed. I pointed out politely that the developer stopped trading in 2002.
    Usually comes down to the ground owners (unless you're freehold).

"Oh you didn't ask permission to build that conservatory 4 years ago? That'll be £750 + vat for us to grant retrospective permission or you can't sell your house"

We're freehold, it just had some odd shyte in the title deeds.

Edit: if they make a fuss about it I'll just take a sledgehammer to the shed once we've cleared it. Job done.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    Well done H³, a knight in shining Castelli. Just give me your bike, I'll accept it even with the click.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    edited June 2021
    Just saw neighbour with the dodgy electrics, sparks came out today and replaced the socket leaving it in the same place. When she questioned it he told her it would be fine but not to use the tap until the plumber had been 😳
    It may be legal but it's clearly problematic. He could have drilled a hole and moved it 6 inches to the left with the amount of room there was. Then the water wouldn't drip directly into it. Utterly 'king useless.
  • thistle_
    But maybe the plumber is moving the pipes and the taps so it will all be ok :wink:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    hopkinb said:

The thing you didn't mention was chainring bolts.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

The thing you didn't mention was chainring bolts.

Yep. Gave them a tweak this evening. Not tested yet. BB is a sram one. They are fashioned from.cheese.
  • hopkinb
    Could also be rear derailleur. Might have been knocked out of alignment cramming it in the asgard with the unused bikes.

As with all tiny clicks, it could be anything. Once it was my laces flicking on the chainring...
  • hopkinb
    edited June 2021
    Delighted that I thoroughly watered all the pots and beds. I kept telling her it was going to rain for days. But no, yesterday I "only" fed them, didn't soak them. so I HAD TO GIVE THEM A PROPER SOAKING today.

Fcuking Noah is outside building a fcuking ark.

She's basically mental.

Off to see how much is a wee bit of smack and crack off the shadier corners of teh internetz. Though her great aunt died recently, and the funeral is up in Chesterfield on Monday. Though we can't take the dog, as you'd expect at a funeral, and nothing has been planned kennel-wise, so Mrs H³ has chucked all the toys, so it'll be me driving the MiL up there and back in a day, because I'm not a miserable old bag. Met the woman once, I bought her a pork, crackling and apple sauce batch, it was lovely, I had one too, about the size of my head. It was about £1.15. She paid it back exactly. "I've never owed no-one 'owt, and I'm not going to start now".

Must dig out the black tie, and stay clean and dry. That's the way to do it.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    hopkinb said:

Jeebus H Christ. Seems like avoiding covid from public transport has driven EVERYONE in SW London into their cars, thereby ensuring everyone will die from polluted filthy air instead.

Cars or bored yute have been knocking over the pathetic plastic poles that were put up to bottle up (sorry, segregate and make safe) cyclists from the main carriageway. Bus drivers are as murderous as ever, one swerved late without indicating into a stop, cutting across a woman on a bike, driving her into the kerb and making her fall off. I checked she was OK, and gave the bus driver a rocket. He just told me to censored off and said cyclists deserve everything they get. I took a picture of him and the bus number/reg plate and will report him. He was fcuking fuming that I took his picture, but couldn't get out of his plastic box. 🙂 Not that it'll make any difference.

This wins you member of the day
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Delighted that I thoroughly watered all the pots and beds. I kept telling her it was going to rain for days. But no, yesterday I "only" fed them, didn't soak them. so I HAD TO GIVE THEM A PROPER SOAKING today.

She's basically mental.

Off to see how much is a wee bit of smack and crack off the shadier corners of teh internetz. Though her great aunt died recently, and the funeral is up in Chesterfield on Monday. Though we can't take the dog, as you'd expect at a funeral, and nothing has been planned kennel-wise, so Mrs H³ has chucked all the toys, so it'll be me driving the MiL up there and back in a day, because I'm not a miserable old bag. Met the woman once, I bought her a pork, crackling and apple sauce batch, it was lovely, I had one too, about the size of my head. It was about £1.15. She paid it back exactly. "I've never owed no-one 'owt, and I'm not going to start now".

I think you should have told her to **** off and drive the MiL herself. How else will she learn?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

Cars or bored yute have been knocking over the pathetic plastic poles that were put up to bottle up (sorry, segregate and make safe) cyclists from the main carriageway. Bus drivers are as murderous as ever, one swerved late without indicating into a stop, cutting across a woman on a bike, driving her into the kerb and making her fall off. I checked she was OK, and gave the bus driver a rocket. He just told me to censored off and said cyclists deserve everything they get. I took a picture of him and the bus number/reg plate and will report him. He was fcuking fuming that I took his picture, but couldn't get out of his plastic box. 🙂 Not that it'll make any difference.

It did but this:..
    hopkinb said:

She's basically mental.

...is totally incomprehensible.
  • hopkinb
    tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

I had a boilerplate reply that they would investigate. Unfortunately I don't use my camera anymore, as it stopped recording, so all I could do was submit details of the vehicle, pic of the driver, and I did take the number of the woman who was nearly squashed.

In nearly 10 years of urban commuting. I've never seen anything quite so egregious. I hope they look at the onboard cameras on the bus and sack the bastard, but they won't.

Like I said though, I would never have been in her road position, riding slowly on the inside of a bus. I'm not victim blaming, he should have seen her, and waited.

Behind, or on the outside of large vehicles.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    hopkinb said:

Could also be rear derailleur. Might have been knocked out of alignment cramming it in the asgard with the unused bikes.

As with all tiny clicks, it could be anything. Once it was my laces flicking on the chainring...

i once spent a week tracking down the front mech cable end clicking on the crank arm.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

She's basically mental.

I think you should have told her to **** off and drive the MiL herself. How else will she learn?
    then stalked them all in the way in a stolen concrete drlivery lorry thing.

#subtleintimidation
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

She's basically mental.

then stalked them all in the way in a stolen concrete drlivery lorry thing.

#subtleintimidation
    Good plan MF. All in the name of education.
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

hopkinb said:

She's basically mental.

Try living with Mrs H³.

I'm not really researching oblivion, I just feel like it, given the endless stream of inconsistent nonsense.
  • hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

i once spent a week tracking down the front mech cable end clicking on the crank arm.
    Checked that too...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

hopkinb said:

She's basically mental.

Try living with Mrs H³.

I'm not really researching oblivion, I just feel like it, given the endless stream of inconsistent nonsense.
    Not just nonsense. But nonsense THAT IS SO IMPORTANT, AND IF YOU DON'T VALIDATE AND SUPPORT MY NONSENSE YOU ARE EVIL.

Just drive your mother to the funeral.
  • hopkinb
    Anyway. I'm sober, not mad, just driven to distraction.
  • pinno
    Sounds like you need a stiff drink.
    (Or a stiff something :smile: )
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb said:

Anyway. I'm sober, not mad, just driven to distraction.

Honestly, the mental fit about me waiting for the rain rather than hosing it all down.
  • pinno
    edited June 2021
    The potted plants I have go dry so very quick.
    Perhaps you could encourage her to take care of a few plants. Maybe give her one for her birthday - something like a Begonia which she'll have to take care of and bring in during winter.
    Or would she pick up on it?
    Even my (previously) garden work shy OH waters the plants now where before, it was all my domain.
  • Stevo_666
    Buy her a Triffid.