monday in a tabbyean clime

13»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Bumped into my old Physics teacher and he said he was doing up an MGGT. Will go see,
    I was sure he was a good physics teacher.

One of your old teachers is still alive! 😧
    He was funny. He told this joke once upon a time (dunno if you're old enough to get it):

What do you have if you have one Hockey ball in one hand and one Hockey ball in the other?
    - Complete control of the Irish government.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Bumped into my old Physics teacher and he said he was doing up an MGGT. Will go see,
    I was sure he was a good physics teacher.

One of your old teachers is still alive! 😧
    He was funny. He told this joke once upon a time (dunno if you're old enough to get it):

What do you have if you have one Hockey ball in one hand and one Hockey ball in the other?
    - Complete control of the Irish government.
    I remember Charles 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Do you know what? Football is fcuking censored . Especially the tedious sub Clarkson moronic cnuts that present it.

It can fcuk off, and when it's fcuked off, it can fcuk off a bit further. Or, at the very least, someone can kill Alan fcuking Shearer.

You’re not one of those lady men that doesn’t like football are you?
    I had a season ticket at Cov until I moved down here and they moved out of Highfield Road. Been to a few AFC Wimbledon games as they're on my doorstep. So, given that experience I suppose you could say I don't really like football. Played 5 a side for years at the Goals off the A3.

I've just gone off it. All the shyyte manufactured "controversy", the cretinous pundits, knuckle dragging fans. I just happened to tune in yesterday and thought I'd give it a go. Boring. Spain were shyyte, Sweden were worse, and all the people in the studio or commentating were idiots.

:smile:
  • hopkinb
    Oh, and I'm not one for "bantz" about whose team is better.

I'm a right tedious tw@t.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    hopkinb said:

No need for that as it's all been decided after the Champions League final ;)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

I literally couldn't tell you who played in it or who won. Hang on, I'll check Google.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

I literally couldn't tell you who played in it or who won. Hang on, I'll check Google.
    Oh, an all Premier league affair. Aren't you a Chelsea person, despite being from the North East?

Oh, I do vaguely remember this now, but only because of the rumour that Portugal was only on the green list so Gove could go to the game, and the door was slammed shut after he got home.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

I only listen to football results with half an ear open so I can abuse certain people at work accordingly. There was one guy that wouldn't come in on a Monday if Chelsea lost, thankfully he's left now. Some people really need to grow up and get a life.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    hopkinb said:

I’m not into that either, hatred for other teams because they’re not yours, tedious. I’ve no affiliation and I still appreciate a good game even though there’s lots wrong with football/fans.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    edited June 2021
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

I’m not into that either, hatred for other teams because they’re not yours, tedious. I’ve no affiliation and I still appreciate a good game even though there’s lots wrong with football/fans.
    What I cannot abide by is that somehow a person follows a team and a) they are superior to you and/or b) they are somehow responsible for their team's selection, purchases and success.

"We bought the right player...
    "We have such and such manager...
    "We thrashed you...
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

What I cannot abide by is that somehow a person follows a team and a) they are superior to you and/or b) they are somehow responsible for their team's selection, purchases and success.

"We thrashed you...
    ^^^^^

This.
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

^^^^^

And this. I think I just picked a stinker of a game, and I should probably turn the sound off and turn the tv off at half time and full time!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

"We thrashed you...
    Are you organising this coming seasons fantasy league?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    edited June 2021
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

"We thrashed you...
    Yes.

Bit early yet. - though I see the implication.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

"We thrashed you...
    Yes.

Bit early yet. - though I see the implication.
    :)
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    on a downer. cbfa. ho hum, better put a bright face on it all.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

Help yourself to some of the "special" calpol out of your backpack, then draw an "M" on your forehead and nod off in the corner?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

Help yourself to some of the "special" calpol out of your backpack, then draw an "M" on your forehead and nod off in the corner?
    good plan.

as is just gonna draw a smile on my face with permi pen and pretend i #giveafuck.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

Help yourself to some of the "special" calpol out of your backpack, then draw an "D" on your forehead and nod off in the corner?
    FTFY