saturday and the pineapple of destiny

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415
    johngti said:

seanoconn said:

johngti said:

Buy it! Iโ€™m up for forming a band, Iโ€™m a great front man. All you have to do is write all the songs, play all the music, arrange gigs, arrange transports to gigs, make sure the front manโ€™s backstage demands are met, sorting drug paraphernalia etc. Above all donโ€™t upset the talent.

Whenโ€™s our first gig?
    Already got a ton of songs, a drummer (if he can be dragged from being busy with the big green machine) and a bass player. Job jobbed.
    Coolio ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Iโ€™m a cross between, Axl Rose, Freddie Mercury, David Lee Roth and Susan Boyle.
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Always lead with Susan Boyle. Sure fire success there
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Can i bring Robbie Williams in a postal sack and play him with a pick axe handle like a xylophone?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

Hello. Been to Sainsburyโ€™s, bought shorts and t-shirts for teen GTi and stuff to treat athletes foot and grody nails for me. Torn at the moment - seen a guitar Iโ€™d really really like. Do I buy it??

Lawn to be mowed this afternoon and need to check my tent before having a night camping on DofE next week. Had a nice Chinese last night though.

of course you friggin' buy it.

ffs. first the tour thread, now this.

buy it buy it buy it buy it buy buy it now.
    Maybeโ€ฆ

buy buy buy it buy it buy it buy it now.
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

Can i bring Robbie Williams in a postal sack and play him with a pick axe handle like a xylophone?

Iโ€™d insist.
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

Hello. Been to Sainsburyโ€™s, bought shorts and t-shirts for teen GTi and stuff to treat athletes foot and grody nails for me. Torn at the moment - seen a guitar Iโ€™d really really like. Do I buy it??

Lawn to be mowed this afternoon and need to check my tent before having a night camping on DofE next week. Had a nice Chinese last night though.

Maybeโ€ฆ

Calm down! Bought it.
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

Maybeโ€ฆ

Calm down! Bought it.
    GTAF IN! Top work.

As an aside, any pics of norks?
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

Maybeโ€ฆ

Calm down! Bought it.
    GTAF IN! Top work.

As an aside, any pics of norks?
    Only my moobs, fella. Sorry.
  • seanoconn
    johngti said:

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

Maybeโ€ฆ

Calm down! Bought it.
    Great! ๐Ÿ‘

As long as you asked your wife firstโ€ฆ.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

johngti said:

Buy it! Iโ€™m up for forming a band, Iโ€™m a great front man. All you have to do is write all the songs, play all the music, arrange gigs, arrange transports to gigs, make sure the front manโ€™s backstage demands are met, sorting drug paraphernalia etc. Above all donโ€™t upset the talent.

Whenโ€™s our first gig?
    My mums 70th at the start of July?
    Weโ€™re in gti!

Is mum partial to a bit of Axel Rose style snake hips tlw1?
    Whose mum isnโ€™t?
  • tlw1
    Good toilet here
  • tlw1
    But there maybe some people slightly behind the acceptability curve

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

johngti said:

Whenโ€™s our first gig?
    Weโ€™re in gti!

Like this?:

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    hopkinb said:

Well, it's pendulous or engage in borderline noncery.

"Bella Donna's on the high street
    her breasts upon the off beat..."
  • pinno
    Anyhoo, had a drive in the mini finally:

• tlw1
    pinno said:

Bar the flag, love it
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

johngti said:

Whenโ€™s our first gig?
    Weโ€™re in gti!

Like this?:

This

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,153
    pinno said:

Looks nicer than most of the shyteboxes I've been looking at today.
  • seanoconn
    oxoman said:

Nice mini, guessing it handles like a train on rails and about as reliable. First 3 cars were minis and I would only have one as a toy now.

Only ever been a passenger but still haunted by the experience. Tin can on wheels.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    pinno said:

Anyhoo, had a drive in the mini finally

Did you have to go to the loo when you got out? The suspension doesn't half hammer a middle aged bladder ๐Ÿ™„
    That a hell of a lot nicer than ours, I spent a bit of time pulling the carpets out of ours ready for a bit of welding.
    They are a absolute hoot to drive, but only as a toy for me too. Lad is young enough to use it more regularly.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,692
    Oh look, a reg number. Paging all the stalkers, target acquired....

Day of prepping, fettling, sorting, packing, and the rest ahead of departing ra morra for A Week Off. Graveller almost fits, minus the front, into the hired Focus. Which seems an ok drive, first time aboard a Ford since.... ponder... my MkIII Cortina?

Beers, barbie, glass or 2 of the collapso y goodnight.
  • pinno
    edited June 2021
    oxoman said:

Nice mini, guessing it handles like a train on rails and about as reliable. First 3 cars were minis and I would only have one as a toy now.

Handling needs a bit of sorting. It was a bit loose to start with but then the new bushes started bedding in.
    Owner does not drive or have a driving license* so has no conception of what it really needs.
    Fitted with a 286 cam, twin valve springs, 80amp alternator, twin tanks, electric pump, twin SU's - I sing from the same hymn sheet in that Webbers can be a PITA to set up.
    Gearbox is too short for the power output. 1380 (bored out 1275). You're guessing between 3rd and 4th for the quicker corners all the time. He is going to put a 5 speed box with overdive and that will really help cruising speed and you'll be able to exploit the power a bit better. Max torque is slightly narrow between 2750 and 5250rpm.
    Quick rack with the 13" steering wheel is a good combo, reasonably light but responsive. Got 85 err, sorry 70 clicks out of it uphill.
    I suggested a different camber/toe in-toe out as it went wide on me on a couple of bends in a way a mini doesn't normally do (at that speed) but as I say, he doesn't drive (bar discretionary use) of the local Kart track.
    I would get the front wheel angles sorted if it was mine. I expected better cornering on the struts and dampers he has but they are only cranked to 6/12.

*Very poor eyesight albino.

The 'flag' is just an air freshener.
    Last time I drove it was 11 years ago on the Thistle run and popped the fuel pump. It went 'in' for 'a bit of work' and 10 years later...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    It should handle like it's on rails, definitely worth getting that sorted if it's going to get driven. Not the owners priority I guess. Steering will be heavy with those tyres I suspect.
  • pinno
    edited June 2021

pinno said:

Did you have to go to the loo when you got out? The suspension doesn't half hammer a middle aged bladder ๐Ÿ™„
    Surprisingly no, it's got Bilstein struts/dampers, 12" wheels with sensible profile tyres.
    I know a good 27 mile drag with lots of bends and the council actually re-surfaced 80% of it. I can even drive the Porker in sports suspension mode and retain (the remaining) teeth. 25 miles to get there but a dream run and is over far too quickly.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,153
    pinno said:

pinno said:

Surprisingly no, it's got Bilstein struts/dampers, 12" wheels with sensible profile tyres.
    I know a good 27 mile drag with lots of bends and the council actually re-surfaced 80% of it. I can even drive the Porker in sports suspension mode and retain (the remaining) teeth. 25 miles to get there but a dream run and is over far too quickly.

No roundabout at each end or a wide enough bit of road for a handbrake u turn?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,692
    Petrolheads eh, dontcha lurve 'em?

V tasty venison burger in a ciabatta roll, some tasty 97% pork (not to say which bits of the piggies constitute) sausages, home grown salad and cucumber, def the final wild garlic leaf pick for the potato salad, sliced pepper, beer and sunshine. ๐Ÿ‘
  • pinno
    edited June 2021
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

pinno said:

No roundabout at each end or a wide enough bit of road for a handbrake u turn?
    There is but the cyclist in me can't go down the same road I came up.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Knackered now. Sorted loads of shyte and disposed of a fair bit of it down the tip, charity shops etc. More tomorrow. May have a buyer for one of my bikes, makes room for a new roadie bike soon which will be needed for the longer rides into town.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

...makes room for a new roadie bike soon which will be needed for the longer rides into town.

What?! Glad I was sitting down.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

...makes room for a new roadie bike soon which will be needed for the longer rides into town.

What?! Glad I was sitting down.

I like to surprise people :) The communter is 12 yo and a bit knackered, so will be reassigned to mucky commutes/spare communter and pub duty.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]